• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Show Us Your Dawn Renders!

Hornet3d

Wise
Recently eclark1894 and Glitterati3D both took the trouble to comment on one of my renders and among other things pointed out that my Dawn character was out of proportion. In particular the head was too big (something also leveled at me at times). Others pointed out some additional points that I need to rectify which I still need to do. I have however now modified my character and along the way made a few subtle facial changes, a few extra lines and a little softening of the features plus a new hair style. This is what I have now and I am not sure where, or if, I want to do any more at present.

Thanks to all that took the time to comment, you may not like the changes but at least it proves I did at least listen.

Revised body proportions can be seen in the "I Just Wanted to Post an Image Thread"

Base Revision 2016.jpg

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Ha! Heads can never be too big! I did look at your latest render in "I just wanted to post" and ... I think I like your original version of your character better. Her head looks too small for her body now. Or rather her face looks too small. With the hair, you can't really tell the head/body proportion.

Then too ... quite a few of my characters are not in proportion. Most of them have bigger heads, hands, and feet. But, I'm not attempting to create typical humans. So ... I may not be the right person to listen to :p

Love your closeup.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I happen to agree with Satira. I don't think her head looked too big in the render everyone was commenting on.

As to this closeup, I like the skin texture with the lines around her eyes and mouth. Makes her look a little more mature, though not what I would called aged.

Last edited:

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
Yep! Got to go with Rae, Satira and Miss B! Thats a lady who's been places, done the right things and won through against the odds! Shes a much more interesting character than most of the glamour babes we see for V4 (or most other versions) and someone I'd like to see in my Runtime! The hairstyle and lovely render sets her off perfectly too! :applause:

Hornet3d

Wise
I am not qualified to comment on the proportions but I love her skin texture. I think it is the best one I have seen in a long time.

I can't take any credit for the textures as they are the Master Skin Resource 7 by 3Dream, although I have tweaked them very slightly in some areas. This time around I have also included the 'express yourself' morphs from Nightsong, as I love plating with expressions in general, and used sparingly they tend to support the textures. This allows you to add the odd line which, I feel, complements the texture.

Hornet3d

Wise
I can't take any credit for the textures as they are the Master Skin Resource 7 by 3Dream, although I have tweaked them very slightly in some areas. This time around I have also included the 'express yourself' morphs from Nightsong, as I love plating with expressions in general, and used sparingly they tend to support the textures. This allows you to add the odd line which, I feel, complements the texture.

Whoops clearly not fully awake yet. I am not sure what 'plating expressions' is but I don't do that I like playing with expressions.

MCarr

Recently eclark1894 and Glitterati3D both took the trouble to comment on one of my renders and among other things pointed out that my Dawn character was out of proportion. In particular the head was too big (something also leveled at me at times). Others pointed out some additional points that I need to rectify which I still need to do. I have however now modified my character and along the way made a few subtle facial changes, a few extra lines and a little softening of the features plus a new hair style. This is what I have now and I am not sure where, or if, I want to do any more at present.

Thanks to all that took the time to comment, you may not like the changes but at least it proves I did at least listen.

Revised body proportions can be seen in the "I Just Wanted to Post an Image Thread"

Amazing image! I have a coworker that looks very much like her, great job!

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist

I like her no matter which incarnation you choose to display. :) I love her face - and her eyes...