• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Show Us Your Dawn Renders!

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
That's beautiful, Satira! So cheerful and colorful. ^__^

Yes, I get that a lot lately - people asking me to make Dawn's shoulders narrower. We can make the torso narrower, but not the shoulders. I have done some work on that on CatsEyes, but not much. Those collar joints can be tough to mess with.

Here are two of my yet to be released shapes combined, set at 50% each... Tara and Skinny

Tara50-Skinny50.jpg

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Shouldn't be too hard. Esp in ZBrush and then have the bones fixed once back in DS. Poser 11 has that now too so getting shapes working in Poser is a dream!

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Indeed, the 11.0.4 update has finally finished implementing FULL animatable origins in Poser, by making the end-points also animatable. And creating ERCs in Poser is sooo easy! ^___^

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Not into animation at this point but I think that's good to know! LOL I really hope that DS gets a major upgrade in stuff like what I mentioned. Right now it's allot of clicks. What I really really dig is that if you have clothing it's SO easy to transfer the morphs from the new shapes, even newly imported ones like Bruna or any other shape I've thrown at it, and BAM... the clothing is instantly fitted, follows and no poke throughs!

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
In spite of the name, "animatable origins" are not about creating animations, but instead for creating morphs that affect figure bone repositioning. When you dial the morph, the figure's bones follow the shape. Poser 11 has also introduced something we already had in DS, which is automatic bone repositioning to fit the new morph shape.

DS handles conforming differently from Poser, and general results tend to be much better, but the problem is when it's not. Poser has the Morphing Tool to handle that, but DS has to rely on global modifiers such as Push or Smooth to fix localized things. It will require an external program to edit the mesh when things go wrong.

But one thing missing in Poser that DS always had is native body scaling support. Poser 11 now supports it, but only with newly created outfits. It still doesn't let us add it to outfits we already have. I have been pressing SMS to add the feature, even if only on the Pro version. I want to be able to add body scaling (smoothing scale zones) to my existing Poser outfits.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
The HW site went down for me for over an hour and I though I was going into withdrawals :D (it was weird, only this site was effected, everything else was still working fine!)
cat girl.jpg

Pink version of my texture, with hands/feet/ears hair for Catgirl Genesis (I couldn't get the tail to work) and Jungle Girl for G2F cloths

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear

This is taken me a very long time to finish because I had to create a jungle background first … and because I work so hard on the background ( the original is extremely huge and high resolution ) all the credits can be found here as well as the details of the very large size version : http://www.lynescreations.com/respite.htm
I hope to be offering that background as a freebie soon (PSD format so you to have plants you can talk your characters behind :) )

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
Thank you so much RAE and darn it Dragon… I just reread what I wrote out there and I hope people can interpret dragons typos! :-(
Dragon does not work in edit mode at the forum here, at all.

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Gorgeous renders everyone!

Wow! @RAMWolff , Tara has a rocking body!
@Rae134 , loving the Cat girl and love the furry feet and and ears on the Pink one!! So kewl!
@Lyne, exceptional jungle environment!! and she looks FIERCE!! Cute little monkey and beautiful birds!

Hidden Grotto

Dawn
Dusk
HW Gorilla For Dusk
The Adventurer for Dusk Pants only
CWRW's Taka for Dusk
Jungle Love Poses by Pommerlis
Dynamics 23 for Dawn Janedress 02
Lisa's Botanicals Tropicals II
Lisa's Botanicals Asiatic Lily
Jungle Heat - For Lisa's Botanicals Asiatic Lily
Lisa's Botanicals Curious Grasses and Vines