• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Show Us Your Dawn Renders!

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
hahaha I actually had to work full time all week so haven't had time to do the couple of tweaks to the Kitty Ponies Alisa wants me to do :) once they are done, I might have time to do something :D

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Awesome work folks. So cool to see fresh stuff coming in!!

James, very nice work with Dawn S.E. So glad you're liking her!

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
First chance I've had to play in a while...it's Dawn with Sora head and eyes dialed in at 50 percent and Diva with my custom morphs for the head and ears also. She's wearing the DS version of Xurge's rogue outfit. Stonemason's one tree and a DimensionTheories lights and skydome. Still not totally happy with the skin for Squee...ended up using a shader but it needs some more work. Probably would have more success in Iray with it.
SoraFae's new pet b.jpg

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Might want to check out J Greenlees's latest set of shaders for the PC+. It's bone and all kinds of fantasy scales. It is for Iray though.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
oh yes JOdel, I got that one just haven't loaded it yet, that might be interesting to use Pen.

(Also looks like when you added the shader it removed the bump, if you like the blue chrome look but want to give it a more scale like look try adding the bump map back in)

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
I thought I'd posted in regard to shader's but I mustn't have hit the right button.
I haven't bought that shader yet and I'm using the 3delight version. But I did try a leather shader instead its not the look I was going for but it will have to do for the moment. I really need some bejewelled textures for Squee.

SoraFae's new pet c.jpg

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
It's not bad but it's not what's in my head! If that makes sense...I have an image that is trying to get out and it's stuck. When I get chance I'll see what I can do in Zbrush.

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
First chance I've had to play in a while...it's Dawn with Sora head and eyes dialed in at 50 percent and Diva with my custom morphs for the head and ears also. She's wearing the DS version of Xurge's rogue outfit. Stonemason's one tree and a DimensionTheories lights and skydome. Still not totally happy with the skin for Squee...ended up using a shader but it needs some more work. Probably would have more success in Iray with it.View attachment 11433

Is it hard to get the outfit to fit her ? of course I'm not a DS user, so there might be a trick I don't know about … I haven't tried to cross-dress any of his outfits yet. and I'm not sure which texture for the Dragon I like better… :) It's an adorable image!

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Thanks Lyne! From memory I don't think I created a custom morph...it was more a case of load and add smoothing. The collar didn't work well so I had to use the surface tab to remove it. The problem was one I get with full Dawn though of the back of the collar showing through with some poses. I understand why they did it to be able to texture both sides but that can also be done with shaders these days so I may have to have a play with that at some point.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
It's not bad but it's not what's in my head! If that makes sense...I have an image that is trying to get out and it's stuck.
Oh I know exactly what you mean. I often have an image in my head, but when it comes time to render it . . . well it often just doesn't happen.

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
OK thanks Pen...I'll keep that in mind...I really need to USE my V4/M4 clothes for 'our' folks... :)