• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Show Us Your Dawn Renders!

LadyRaine

Admirable
So the default render settings for SF don't do very well with skin. I'm still playing with lots of the render settings looking for an 'optimal' setting but the easy way to improve things is to up the Pixel Samples. They default at 3 I usually start around 8 for skin, and then go up from there depending on the result.

8 is a good starting point thats where I start at for my sf renders for skin what I usually do is go to medium settings if I'm using my cpu set the pixel samples up to 8 and see what happens lol

I don't know if you noticed Miss B but Poser 11 superfly render settings have some presets that come with it from Smith Micro. They have pretty descriptive titles and they at least help me find a very close place to start when I want to do a final render or just do a really quick render to see what I have.

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear

Please see HUGE original to see all the minute details, Dawn's tears, etc. :
http://www.lynescreations.com/struggles.htm

I have more work to do so this is an unlinked page yet... I need to write the poem I have in mind, list the credits, and I'd like to find a truly good charity that gives the $ TO the homeless...so any suggestions? I remember a charity mentioned somewhere on our Forum, but I forget where....

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
So ... SO many lovely renders.

And sad ones too.

I've kinda stalled on Stephen the Gardener ... not because of Stephen, but because Tsuki thinks sitting at the computer means playtime. Eventually, she will decide it also means naptime, and then I can actually get work done. But I usually call it quits before she reaches that point. Playtime generally means jumping up on the desk or keyboard with her blossom toy for me because she wants to play fetch, or it means let's attack feet! Or ... pick me up to snuggle. Snuggle lasts a couple minutes at most before she's annoyed.

While stalled though, I thought I'd have a play with Diva. Of course, I ended up mixing her with Itarille. Then, Diva Starchild needed a "playsuit." So after a side trip into Silo, here is my Book Fae. Wearing the dynamic playsuit designed for Diva.

The Book Fae.jpg

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
WOW Satira! Fantastic is the first word that came to mind. I love it, and Diva Starchild looks great. I'm sure Itarille will love having a younger sister. ;)

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I don't know if you noticed Miss B but Poser 11 superfly render settings have some presets that come with it from Smith Micro. They have pretty descriptive titles and they at least help me find a very close place to start when I want to do a final render or just do a really quick render to see what I have.
Yes, I have seen those. I think I've used Medium Quality Sub Surface most often. In the case of this render I posted above, Seliah had showed me a promo she had just done of Nataani for Poser, and told me which HDRi light set she used, and she had set Samples to 20. I just thought I'd try a higher number for the heck of it. I probably could've gotten away with the High Quality Sub Surface settings, but experimentation is my middle name. Not sure I'd like to do 3 hour renders each and every time, that's for sure. ;)

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
This began as a test of how my add on sleeves work with my Ao Dai I'm creeping for Dawn. And as happens, things grew from there.

Hivewire products:
Dawn using VW's Face's of Asia skin
Falcon from SBRM Birds of Prey Volume 1

Non-Hivewire
The Dragon Braid by Arki

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Awesome GG! I love how sometimes things just grow from a test to something else :)

(I didn't recognize the new Avatar, nice :))

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Thanks guys. Yes the previous avatar was definitely too dark. And I'm just loving playing around with Sora.
I like the new Avy but I use them to recognize folks quickly so still getting used to the new, brighter prettier one! lol HUGS