• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Show Us Your Dawn Renders!

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I think I read her mentioning she's doing promos for his Poser version, so I would think she's pretty close to getting him there. ;)

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
DawnSE wearing Fantastica hair in Superfly
DawnSEFanastica.jpg

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Nice Traci. I wish I knew more about SuperFly settings, especially for hair, to use it more often.

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
Nice Traci. I wish I knew more about SuperFly settings, especially for hair, to use it more often.

Thanks, Miss B. I just used EZSkin3 on Dawn and the Fantastica hair. Just told EZSkin to apply the settings........

I did, however, change Fantastica to Unimesh and set the render SubD to 1 to get a more "hair like' bend for the razor cut in front.

(BTW, EZSkin3 was updated yesterday. You can get the new version in the CGBytes store - still free.)

Saw the thread where someone implied they didn't think Dawn was good for portraits. So a quickie... Dawn in Superfly with Jenny mats from tempesta3d. No postwork, no EZskin, no nothing just Dawn SE with Jenny skin and and a single expressions morph. The hair is out of the box Dawn Mid Length Hair and it needs tweaked for superfly. I also know the lacrimals need to be modified and the teeth look like they need work but Dawn herself looks pretty good to me. The shadows are way too sharp on the render and if anyone knows how to fix that in superfly I would appreciate a comment as I want to rerender with higher subdiv. I am still trying to figure out superfly render settings. Pose is from Nouvelle Aube.
Dawn.jpg

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
Default shadow Min Bias settings for SM Poser shadows are always too high (usually 0.8). Change that setting on each light. I start at 0.2 and go down from there. I also pick and choose which lights I am going to turn off shadows on completely. Not every light needs shadow settings.
LightShadowMapSettings.jpg

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
@Glitterati3D Pretty!! I just got started with Superfly since I can't use Octane in promo renders, and I am starting to get a hang on it.

@Dragonsegg Wow love all that jewelry! She looks great in Superfly. The eyes and teeth tend to look lame in Firefly, but Superfly makes a world of difference in your render. ^___^

Yaaay, first Sora render! This is my personal face morph that includes Dawn + Sora + my own stylized morphs. This V4 texture had no makeup options, so I had to paint my own in postwork. Rendered in SuperFly with simple Poser materials. I went for the "cat's eyes" look here. Do they draw you in? LOL

Sora Makeup.jpg

Last edited:

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Great renders everyone...wish I had time to comment individually but still have to do work for school tonight.

Rokket

Dances with Bees
I wish I had Superfly. There are a lot of things that are so much easier to pull off. Like faking caustics.

Need to get Poser 11 one of these days. But I am waiting for the price to drop.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Nice work here folks.

Ken, love to see that you've jumped right in on Sora. Great stuff! Keep it up.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
@Pendraia Thanks, Pen! Take it easy. ^^

@Glitterati3D I think the part that took me a while was deciding which ROOT node to start with. We have 3 to choose from, but which would work best for my workflow? After some experimentation, I have chosen the "Physical Surface" root, for it's the one that makes more sense to me, because it's similar to what I am used to in Octane. Things are NOW much easier now that I have chosen my starting point for Superfly materials. It's a wonderful thing what SMS has done by making the materials auto-switch to whatever rendering engine you use! ^___^

@Rokket SMS has been frequently running promotions - since last December they have been offering Poser 11 at reduced price for several times. I think there was a promotion of this kind just last week. Make sure to subscribe to their mailing offers, so you won't miss the promo pricing! ^____^

@Chris Thank YOU for making such a wonderful shape for Dawn! I want to wrap up the Jungle Weapons Pack, the Legend of Tarzan outfit (and get it a new name too!), and the Superhero outfit, so I can work on something new for Sora to wear. :D

@Miss B Thanks! I need to check what Merchant Resources I have to make a new texture for Sora. Then I can combine it with a new character morph (like this one) and close a package. ^^