• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Show Us Your Dawn Renders!

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
If that's with Iray, then it sounds a lot like SuperFly in Poser, though EZSkin 3 is supposed to take care of things like that. I'm just not too familiar (other than the basics) with either of them, so still learning.

CajunBeauty

Adventurous
If that's with Iray, then it sounds a lot like SuperFly in Poser, though EZSkin 3 is supposed to take care of things like that. I'm just not too familiar (other than the basics) with either of them, so still learning.
Well with Iray if you do get reddish skin it isn't so apparent. But you still can get skin that is more reddish than others if it has a high translucency setting by default. I also tend to be more excited by pale skin instead of tanned looking skin unless the details of the skin are super awesome. If you do a tanned skin with amazing texture and any imperfections such a moles and freckles are done right then yes I will be super excited to render it out and keep it in the finished image.

For me I would rather learn how to do the skin setting manually to achieve the results I want instead of using a special product. That way I can learn how to0 better control my materials in any situation.

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
So these were just meant to be test renders of one of the dynamic outfits I'm working on, but the more I looked at them to pick apart issues in the dress, the more I just liked the images by themselves, so into my media gallery they go.

They are all the same scene, the first two rendered in Superfly, the last one in Firefly. The skin and face morph are from VWs Faces of Asia packs, and the hair is Publishing's Waterfall hair for V4.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
A quick play with Diva at 50% with January head dialed in at 50%
Dawn 50 percent.jpg

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
@Gadget Girl Cool outfit! Do you make it all dynamic, or just parts of it to speed things up! ^^

Since I couldn't model a paper bag if I had to from scratch, I mostly use dynamics. I will go back in and adjust and tweak things as needed in a modeler. And I've been sewing all my life, so MD makes a lot of sense to me.

@Pendraia that is just lovely. I'll need to get back to playing around with Diva soon.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I love this! She reminds me of Dorothy from Oz (oh do say you have an blue gingham outfit!)

What is that hair? :wub:

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Hair is an old one called Xylia...dress has been borrowed from Genesis 3 iirc...sorry set it up last night and can't remember what it's called. When my current render finishes I'll check.

It's called GaoDan Dress 13...I'm not sure if I bought it or it was a freebie...think it may have been a freebie. Just double checked...it was a freebie from renderosity.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
oh that's a really nice outfit for a freebie, and I'll have to look for that hair, I like it :D

now if we only had a little Toto... :p

Miss B

CV-BEE
Oh yes, I have Xylia Double French Braids as part of AprilYSH's Classic Hairstyles bundle over at DAZ. It's an oldie but goodie, and they do have each of the hairstyles separate, so you don't have to buy the whole pack.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I don't know how much the pack is but this hair by itself is $21 USD so makes it out of my price range (even unconverted :() Hopefully it will go on one of their sales :D

That is awesome Pendaria, I think the earlier teen render looked like the head size was a bit to big. This one look really good and like a teen. IDK how the head proportion looks with age but I think that is something we look at instinctively when we judge age.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
I haven't changed the head except to remove the January morph but that didn't make the head bigger just changed the shape. I think that sometimes different hairs give the illusion of the head being a different size. I've been playing with scale though as what I had was too short and yes it is an instinctive thing sometimes where we just look and know it's right. It think the height here is better. Just a comparison shot with a full size dawn. Unfortunately the shape preset doesn't save scaling...
edited to add IIRC a baby has a larger head and it gradually is more in proportion to the body. By this age where I'm envisaging an early teen the head should be the right size.
Dawn 50 percent b with scaling.jpg

Miss B

CV-BEE
I don't know how much the pack is but this hair by itself is $21 USD so makes it out of my price range (even unconverted :() Hopefully it will go on one of their sales :D
I bought the bundle back in 2009 when I was still buying a fair number of April's hair products, and I doubt I paid the $70+ they're asking for it now. Of course, I'm no longer a PC+ member though it's not a PC+ product, but I may have gotten it when it first came out, so there was probably at least a 30% sale price when it was new, which would've brought the price down much lower.