• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Show Us Your Dawn Renders!

Rokket

Dances with Bees
@Ken1171: Unfortunately, my finances have to coincide with the specials.

I am with Miss B, half tone images are not really my thing. But you did a really nice job with her.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I like the Halftone Ken, the only thing bugging me is the background needs to have a halftone too (and my personal preference would be to have the screen a little smaller just so there was a little more detail, but that might be the graphic designer in me :p)

RobZhena

Adventurous
I finally had a few minutes to try @LadyRaine's Rose, who I thought would be stunning. I was right! I did apply Oriana lips. The hair is Xanadu for V4 and the dress is Marcia Gomes' fantastic freebie from the Vestidos set at Attic's Free Zone.

Stunning Rose.jpg

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Awesome, Rob! I have Rose in my runtime, but I still couldn't render anything for myself for weeks. ;p

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Well, I finally accomplished the first PoserPro 11 SuperFly render I'm actually happy with. :)

The lighting is Poser's HDRVFX - Office Stairway AO, with two lights I added, one a Rim light, and one a Shadow light for showing shadows under her shoes. For some reason the HDRVFX lights didn't accomplish that, and it looked like she was hanging in space. ;)

The character is 3DSublime's Oleander for Dawn, available at Renderosity. The clothes are Dawn's Strapless Mini and Dawn's Platform Pumps, both available here at HW3D. The background is Dawn/Lully's freebie HW-Stage, but I'm sorry to say, I don't remember where I got it. ~hangs head in shame~

I ran Dawn through EZSkin 3 before rendering, and the full out render took 3 hours and 10 mins. with Pixel Samples set to 45. Not sure if that caused it to take as long as it did, but I'm pretty satisfied with the results. :D

Oleander-SuperFly.jpg

Last edited:

Miss B

CV-BEE
Glad to hear you're feeling better Sanbie, and your render is great. I like the vignette border around it. ;)

sanbie

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
Thanks Miss B...Yep it sure is great to feel like I am getting back to normal!...Well as normal as possible for me
rofl.gif

RobZhena

Adventurous
This was my first ever Superfly render, of Dawn or anything else, which I tried after the one above in Firefly. It stinks. I will stipulate that I have no idea what I am doing in Superfly, but that for me is problem number one. I don't have to know much to use Firefly competently. The only renders that I see from Superfly that look substantially better are of stuff (ceramic, glass, metal), not people. Ghostman's just posted image of an elven princess on the official Poser forum is the first that made me go, "Wow!" but half of the effect is stuff--golden hair. For me, the actors are the center of every render, and the stuff just supports that to a greater or less degree. I guess I'm a hopeless codger.

Rose Superfly.jpg

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
So the default render settings for SF don't do very well with skin. I'm still playing with lots of the render settings looking for an 'optimal' setting but the easy way to improve things is to up the Pixel Samples. They default at 3 I usually start around 8 for skin, and then go up from there depending on the result.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Well I really upped the samples for the render I posted above. I went all the way up to 45. Probably didn't need to go that high, but I like the way it came out. ;)

Next time I think I'll try about 20 samples, and see how it goes.