• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Show Us Your Dawn Renders!

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Uh oh, that's no fun. A very nice render Hornet, and I like the embellishment which, I'm assuming, is from one of Moonbeam1212's gorgeous floral sets. ;)

Hornet3d

Wise
Uh oh, that's no fun. A very nice render Hornet, and I like the embellishment which, I'm assuming, is from one of Moonbeam1212's gorgeous floral sets. ;)

Spot on, Moonbeams stuff is so distinctive and as you say, gorgeous. These are from one of the darker sets Goth Bouquet, which I used as I think it added to the horror of the feeling when get when you realise you have lost so much work. Of course it is only an excuse for another play at an expression but I had the 'blue screen' in mind as an example of an every day type stress situation.

If the skin tone looks odd it is because I de-saturated it to try and blend a bit better with the embellishment.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Spot on, Moonbeams stuff is so distinctive and as you say, gorgeous. These are from one of the darker sets Goth Bouquet, which I used as I think it added to the horror of the feeling when get when you realise you have lost so much work. Of course it is only an excuse for another play at an expression but I had the 'blue screen' in mind as an example of an every day type stress situation.
OK, well that just landed in my wishlist, along with the 12 others of hers I've had in my wishlist, like forever. I already own about 27 of her sets, and one is called Goth October, which I thought would be fun for a Halloween render as it has sculls and stuff included. ;)

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
Romana and Juliet. The Bard with a twist.

Romana and Juliet.jpg

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
I have been playing with Dawn and Sora lately - not in Poser or DS, but in iClone. I have reduced Dawn to low-poly game models and animated her in real-time. In both the examples below, Dawn was animated in real-time, even if 2 of them were on stage with clothing and hair. She even has dynamic hair on the first one, and it's still real-time with PBR, HDR IBL and GI.

* Dawn 13K polys --> LINK
* Sora/CatsEyes at 20K polys --> LINK

The biggest challenges are the decimation process, not being able to use attached props, and having to recreate materials with baked maps. In the first animation, Dawn's finger and face are no rigged, but they are fully functional on the 2nd one. I am starting to get the hang of iClone. ^___^

Hornet3d

Wise
I have been playing with Dawn and Sora lately - not in Poser or DS, but in iClone. I have reduced Dawn to low-poly game models and animated her in real-time. In both the examples below, Dawn was animated in real-time, even if 2 of them were on stage with clothing and hair. She even has dynamic hair on the first one, and it's still real-time with PBR, HDR IBL and GI.

* Dawn 13K polys --> LINK
* Sora/CatsEyes at 20K polys --> LINK

The biggest challenges are the decimation process, not being able to use attached props, and having to recreate materials with baked maps. In the first animation, Dawn's finger and face are no rigged, but they are fully functional on the 2nd one. I am starting to get the hang of iClone. ^___^

That is quite simply breathtaking.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Thank you Mininessie and Hornet3D! Somehow iClone 7 seems to be a step ahead of Poser and DS when it comes to dynamic materials, animation and real-time PBR rendering. It doesn't replace Cycles and Iray, but it does wonders with what it has. Things like SpeedTree, Substance materials, real-time cloth and hair physics, real-time PBR with GI, real-time DirectX 11 tessellation, real-time foot and hand contact detection and correction, and support for Noitom mocap are some of the reasons I find it worth investigating. So far I managed to bring both Dawn and Sora into it. ^^