• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Show Us Your Dawn Renders!

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Thanks, Rich! No wonder that bunny suit was my first product for Dawn - I use it a lot. ^^

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
The Old Woodyard.

Old Woodyard.jpg

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Somebody wrote a children's book about exactly that situation. I can't for the life of me remember the title or the author though. I think it came out in the '60s or thereabout.

I haven't posted in a long while because I decided to give DAZ 4.9 a good try starting last October. I just can't wrap my head around that software and it pretty much put me off rendering anything since I got so frustrated. So after more than 4 months trying to use Studio I finally went back to Poser 11 and have been trying some Non-photorealistic renders lately. Here is a belated Beltane Blessing using Dawn as the focus. It is definitely not perfect but at least I can render something without wanting to /slitwrist.
Beltane.jpg

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I was just thinking the same thing. It especially works nicely for her long hair.

That's a pretty cool render, Dragonsegg! Is it using Poser's comic styles? ^^

Most of it is a Firefly render where I ran the material room Wacro "Set up a toon render". As far as I can tell it modifies the Firefly materials slightly and puts a comic type line around the geometry. That didn't work on AM's Wolf 2.0 for poser though as the wolf turned out looking like a pincusion because of the hair geometry. So I ended up rendering the wolf separately and used used Gimp's comic filter then combining layers. The line style is not at all the same, but it was the best I could do since I really wanted to use the wolf also.

Thanks for the likes and interest all it really encourages me.

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
That is from Sharrasmuse (spell) at Rendo, right? I believe I got it... I am FIGHTING (as I normally do with their products, being all sorts of adjustments needed to make the mesh look right) with their beach scenery... Anyway, lovely! :)

It is indeed Lyne! I seem to have gained quite a collection of them. As you say, they can be awkward to use but well worth the effort for the quality of her work! :)