• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Show Us Your Dawn Renders!

jonrea

Eager
Contributing Artist
New pic

Are you sure he's house trained?

Cheers

Jon

Me195

Extraordinary
Time for a
Ninja!

The Dawn's are now taking control!! Please join in the Pulp Fiction dancing routine!!
And to quote Fallout Boy-------- I wanna dance like Uma Thurman!!
:)
View attachment 25560View attachment 25596 View attachment 25597 View attachment 25598

Really nice work. You really show off many great styles of Dawn.

I do tend to experiment on occasions and when I do I often try out different things in one render which usually creates some strange renders. This is one of those as I am experimenting with expressions while also playing with a new purchase and playing with layers in post work.

Despite all the rave over weight mapping one of my biggest problems with 3d figures is not the bending but the difficulty in getting some realistic expressions. I never quite got the hang of it with V4 and while Dawn showed promise I feel I have still not really got a handle on it. This was one of the core reasons for the experiment as the more you get to know a figure them more you learn the secrets.

View attachment 25592

Wow Hornet that is a fantastic composition. I've always found your expressions to be outstanding. I am fascinated by the prospect of the expressions improving. I look forward to seeing your future breakthroughs.

Glad I could help.

And, now my latest playing around. I like this Mankahoo hair (Hr-179) but it was a little stiff and hard to use seated. I created a seated morph for it and then used some of the supplied morphs to enhance it. I'll throw together an INJ file and send it off to Ali in case he wants to offer it to his customers.

View attachment 25593

That's pretty darn good for just playing around. I can only hope to do as well when I'm serious.

Dawn, a mix of alexis, partial vw morph, nose and mouth morphs using Aine's skin fro Satira, V4Morphing fantasy dress converted manually, Lisa's tulips with NA's textures and the basket from carnations. Wild Orchid hair...no postwork.
View attachment 25638

That is a very elegant and beautiful character. You did a wonderful job with both the render and the conversion.

Looking Through The Looking Glass.

View attachment 25691

I'm not sure why, but when I saw this the first thing that popped in my head was that scene in 3rd rock from the sun when John Lithgow's character saw himself in the mirror for the first time and said, "my GOD....I'm GORGEOUS". I just imagined it with the same tone but a woman's voice. Once I got passed my initial silliness I saw that it was a brilliantly executed expression that makes you wonder what her next reaction is going to be. Is she going to recognise how beautiful she is, or will she see herself as noncompliant to society's forced upon notion of ideal beauty? I also wonder if she is shocked because she sees something in the mirror other than her reflection. Great job, I love this one.

Dawn Takes a walk along the Beach.
View attachment 25695

Very nice work. I love the lighting especially the exposure. It matches the fact that she is partially in the shadow of the tree. The positioning of the figure and Camera has an aesthetic value that is pleasing to the eye. Good job.

Got my new Centaurs album created...will be all kinds of my fantasy human/animal combinations!

Wow Lyne that is just magical. You never cease to impress. Excellent render.

Witches Dawn...

I love a good render, and I love a good story. This render is both. I love the look of the whole thing from the magic effects all the way to the character design. Great job. I just hope she doesn't lead the traveler astray or make them ride a broom too. It looks uncomfortable.

New pic

Are you sure he's house trained?

Cheers

Jon

That's an outstanding render. It looks like someone is asking her that question and she's saying, "um..kinda but he has accidents".

Be free Happyness
Willow with Dawn Se textures

Wow mininessie that's a beautiful render both in appearance and sentiment.

Hornet3d

Wise
Thank you for the support and encouragement Me195 and everyone else who has commented or liked my renders. While all my renders are the art I want to produce, well within the limitation of my skills, and for my enjoyment, it is always great to hear others views. This is particularly true when the views come from talented artists such as the group here.

Thank you so much, all of you.

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Heatherlee!!!! Welcome back - lovely.

Enjoying all the others too - I hope you'll all excuse me for not commenting on each render in these threads.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Welcome back Heatherlee, and what a dramatic first Poser render in a long time. Fantastic!! :)