• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Show Us Your Dawn Renders!

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
Hr-179 morph list
Hr179Morphs.jpg

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
The base expressions for Dawn are good but I do find myself using the Dawn Expression Morphs from Nightsong more and more. The pre-configured expressions seem extreme for my particular character but I can get some to work by using the trick someone suggested of applying the expression at frame 30 and stepping back until the expression looks right.

Oh that's a good tip. I do have those Nightsong morphs as well and I do like the, but I also sometimes find that depending on the face shape morph I'm using I get bad results. I have to try that frame 30 trick, it makes perfect sense to me and might help a lot. I have a render I'm working on at the moment and I just can't get the smirk I want. I've also made things hard because the character isn't looking at a specific object, just thinking, but that means I've had a hard time getting the eyes to focus correctly. She's looking a little cross eyed at the moment. I probably should just add an invisible prop to point her eyes at, I just haven't done that yet.

quietrob

Extraordinary
First off. Nightsong is just the best! I don't see her products near enough. When she posted them, I collected them.

Secondly, that is a screenshot is a huge help. I like Ali's work because, believe it or not, it doesn't have a lot of stray hairs. Because I'm not after realism, per se, I want things neat. My niece is a model. I've seen her shoots and I can tell you that if a single hair is out of place, it's because they want it to be. If I want stray hairs I can add them. But then I'm into making comics so I hope it makes sense.

Thank you for the clue and information, Glitterati. Ali, I love ya but you need better promo's!

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
First off. Nightsong is just the best! I don't see her products near enough. When she posted them, I collected them.

Secondly, that is a screenshot is a huge help. I like Ali's work because, believe it or not, it doesn't have a lot of stray hairs. Because I'm not after realism, per se, I want things neat. My niece is a model. I've seen her shoots and I can tell you that if a single hair is out of place, it's because they want it to be. If I want stray hairs I can add them. But then I'm into making comics so I hope it makes sense.

Thank you for the clue and information, Glitterati. Ali, I love ya but you need better promo's!

You're welcome. Ali provides morphs that he calls "Fur" which is really strands for folks who want a more messy look. I like that he makes both "looks" available to his users.

Your need for neat hair for comics makes perfect sense.

quietrob

Extraordinary
Dawn, a mix of alexis, partial vw morph, nose and mouth morphs using Aine's skin fro Satira, V4Morphing fantasy dress converted manually, Lisa's tulips with NA's textures and the basket from carnations. Wild Orchid hair...no postwork.
View attachment 25638

That hair looks familiar, Pen. ;) I didn't know the MFD had hair holders! Girls...what will they think of next? Is that your idea? I never saw the hair holders before. I rather feel like watchin a Father Brown mystery after viewing this piece.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I don't think those are "hair holders" Rob. I think they're ribbons around the ends of the braids, which just look like they are, because they're the same color as the MFD.

Nice render Pen. :)

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
That hair looks familiar, Pen. ;) I didn't know the MFD had hair holders! Girls...what will they think of next? Is that your idea? I never saw the hair holders before. I rather feel like watchin a Father Brown mystery after viewing this piece.

I don't think those are "hair holders" Rob. I think they're ribbons around the ends of the braids, which just look like they are, because they're the same color as the MFD.

Nice render Pen. :)
Miss B is right it's part of the hair which is called Wild Orchid...

quietrob

Extraordinary
Upon further inspection I can see you are correct (as usual), Miss B. Luckily, I've never worn a dress in my life so I can plead the ignorance of being dress challenged.

Pen, it's still a lovely piece for the middle of Spring. Wild Orchid hair. Sigh, I live and learn.

Hornet3d

Wise
Oh that's a good tip. I do have those Nightsong morphs as well and I do like the, but I also sometimes find that depending on the face shape morph I'm using I get bad results. I have to try that frame 30 trick, it makes perfect sense to me and might help a lot. I have a render I'm working on at the moment and I just can't get the smirk I want. I've also made things hard because the character isn't looking at a specific object, just thinking, but that means I've had a hard time getting the eyes to focus correctly. She's looking a little cross eyed at the moment. I probably should just add an invisible prop to point her eyes at, I just haven't done that yet.

I always use the eyes pointing at an invisible prop or, depending on the distance from the face, two props, one for each eye. Doing this gives great control over the eyes by adjusting the distance and location of the prop.
I have even used it when one figure is looking into the eyes of another by placing the props behind the figures head rather than pointing at the other figures eyes.

The frame 30 trick was not my idea but a suggestion made in a forum, unfortunately, probably due to my increasing years, I cannot remember who but I am certainly in their debt as I use the trick quite often.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Thanks QuietRob, Hornet and Alisa, plus all those who liked it! Still not quite the full image I had in my head but I don't have time this weekend to do more unfortunately...