• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Show Us Your Dawn Renders!

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Thanks Miss B...I bought the hair because I thought it would well on both Diva and Luna and I love the look. It's also got lots of morphs which makes it very versatile. I have another render cooking that you wouldn't believe is the same hair.

I really like Biscuits products...I also own a couple of their other sets for Zbrush and the MR for Dawn's eyelashes.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Thanks Miss B...I bought the hair because I thought it would well on both Diva and Luna and I love the look. It's also got lots of morphs which makes it very versatile. I have another render cooking that you wouldn't believe is the same hair.

I really like Biscuits products...I also own a couple of their other sets for Zbrush and the MR for Dawn's eyelashes.
I was looking at Vela Hair because someone, I can't recall who, posted a render here on the forum that used it, but it looked so totally different from the promos in Biscuit's store. Some of the promos have styles that are "out there", if you know what I mean, and I keep thinking I wouldn't use them, but yes, there are supposedly tons of morphs included in all the hair packs.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Thanks Ram...

Yes Miss B...I was looking at Vela and thought the same, however I also got Kiva and Bibi. Still haven't tried those...but they look like they would be useful and the plus is they have a Dawn fit. I convert them to figures and save and then I will be able to use the clone for Luna to use them with her also.
This was the other render and you can see that the hair looks quite different.
Deidre for Dawn promo stardustb.jpg

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Thanks Hornet...I just find it hard to believe the versatility of this hair. So many options that change the style.

Hornet3d

Wise
Thanks Hornet...I just find it hard to believe the versatility of this hair. So many options that change the style.

It certainly looks it. I think you discover that not all hair is the same as you get deeper into the hobby. I also like the hair products from Fabiana as they have fits for so many characters and a wealth of styles which can then be tweaked with the provided morphs.

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
Thanks Ram...

Yes Miss B...I was looking at Vela and thought the same, however I also got Kiva and Bibi. Still haven't tried those...but they look like they would be useful and the plus is they have a Dawn fit. I convert them to figures and save and then I will be able to use the clone for Luna to use them with her also.
This was the other render and you can see that the hair looks quite different.
View attachment 19545
Love the hair. I gotta get it. I asked someone to make a similar hair that would look like Merida from BRAVE and the product he came up with was nowhere near the images i sent him for reference. Your render here looks more like the references i sent him.
Is Bicuits version strand hair from the Poser Hair room or a prop or...what...?

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
I was looking at Vela Hair because someone, I can't recall who, posted a render here on the forum that used it, but it looked so totally different from the promos in Biscuit's store. Some of the promos have styles that are "out there", if you know what I mean, and I keep thinking I wouldn't use them, but yes, there are supposedly tons of morphs included in all the hair packs.
I was just there and their promo images don't have any promo references like this. This is something I have been looking for for a while but have not been able to find. But looking at his product page I do not see this. The styles there are the well coifed looks everyone creates.
If you are saying this is Vela hair and the morphs in the pack do achieve this look (Merida from BRAVE) I gotta get it.
I looked in the gallery on the Vela hair product page and except for a similar kinked short hair version such as yours there was no clear style reference like this render of yours. Glad i saw this. Thanks.