• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Show Us Your Dawn Renders!

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Love the hair. I gotta get it. I asked someone to make a similar hair that would look like Merida from BRAVE and the product he came up with was nowhere near the images i sent him for reference. Your render here looks more like the references i sent him.
Is Bicuits version strand hair from the Poser Hair room or a prop or...what...?
Its a ds render but it has a poser version I'm sure. I don't have the computer on so can't check at the moment. The longer version was created through dialing some of the morphs.

eclark1894

Visionary
Came up with a new body type for Sora. She is the same height as Dawn (shorter than Sora), but has some radically different proportions. The head morph and textures are from my CatsEyes. The upper body is CatsEyes, and the torso and lower portion are brand new. Hope you like it. ^^

View attachment 17624
Wow, if Ginger Grant looked like that every one would be saying MaryAnn who????:geek:

quietrob

Extraordinary
This was going to be a much more complex render...unfortunately DS crashed and I hadn't saved. So it's ended up a much more simple render.
View attachment 2324
A simple render but I see where you're going with it. Very nice.

It was featured as one of those images on the top of the page. I think it shows what you can do. What you are doing, you do it well.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Get ready for bunniness! This is Dawn with my custom Stylized body type, my Universal Anime Head, wearing my Classic Bunny Suit. Rendered in Poser with Cycles.

BunnyPose_1080.jpg

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
Looking good, Ken, but forgive my anime stupidity.......what are the pink ovals under her eyes? And are they supposed to stick out like that?

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Good question Traci. At first glance, I thought it was a pair of glasses, but now that I look closer, that's not what they look like at all.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I'm pretty sure its like when they have a sweat drop over one of their eyes (its not actually on their head) or the kinda x type mark that represents the throbbing vein when angry. (I'm guessing at the blushing)

Last edited:

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I'm pretty sure its like when they have a sweat drop over one of their eyes (its not actually on their head) or the kinda x type mark that represents the throbbing vein when angry. (I'm guessing at the blushing)
Ahhh, so in anime style, they're not necessarily "on" the face. OK. I'm not totally up on the anime style, so hadn't seen anything like that, but now that I see what you're talking about, I can agree about the blushing. ;)

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
there's all different styles in anime and I couldn't find many samples but I think its more of a chibi look from what I could find.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Looking good, Ken, but forgive my anime stupidity.......what are the pink ovals under her eyes? And are they supposed to stick out like that?

Thanks! Like Rae said, it's a stylized Anime blush. It uses my "Anime Xpression Pack" (100 items), which has been a bestseller for over a decade. Anime and manga use iconization to express feelings, which is analogous to the Japanese writing to express words through symbols. The closest thing we have to that is something like "I :love: NY", where a word is replaced by a symbol. The entire Japanese writing is based on this concept, so it also translates to other things, like placing icons around characters to express feelings and emotions.

A render I have posted 11 years ago http://fav.me/dew6wu shows this enraged character with a red icon on her head. It's the icon for "throbbing vein" Rae was referring to above. :)

Thanks Ken. I found one outfit for her called "Office lady". Is it safe to assume you haven't done a "bunny body" for her?

Indeed, Office Lady was the first complete outfit to be released for Pauline on her release. While making the outfit, I was rather disappointed with the overall figure quality. I know SMS has been actively improving it, but I didn't quite like the way it was going. I have discussed some of the issues when Pauline was still under development, but possibly due to the tight delivery deadline, they were not open for discussions. I made my contribution, but I rather concentrate my efforts on Dawn. :)

You say "customized stylized body". Does that means it's sculpted, dialed, morph brushed or magnets?
That is one cute bunny!

Thank you, Rob! This custom body type was made with a mix of body scaling, magnets, and sculpted with Poser's Morphing Tool. No external tools were needed. ^___^

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
A simple render but I see where you're going with it. Very nice.

It was featured as one of those images on the top of the page. I think it shows what you can do. What you are doing, you do it well.
Thanks Rob...it was a very early version of Diva.

Ken, love the render and I like the symbol made from the ball and the other bits...

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Thanks, Pen. In my "Anime Xpression Pack" at CP I have covered nearly all Anime iconography by turning them into morphable props we can use in our scenes. This was one of them - the Anime blush prop. :)