• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Show Us Your Dawn Renders!

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Agree totally Ken!

Lovely render James...

NA...I didn't get chance yesterday to do more than hit like but I love the render above...as GG said it has a lovely line of motion.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
I left this to run over night but then the power went out...good thing that I had it saved.
Same morphs and character texture, new outfit, hair and pose.
The avenger copy.jpg

Dreamer

Dream Weaver Designs
Lovely render, especially the line of motion on Dawn. Although as a Firefly/Serenity fan, I couldn't read the title without thinking that terrible death awaits her.
lol When I saw the title in the notification I was half expecting some thing to do with Firefly too ;)
Lovely render

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Came up with a new body type for Sora. She is the same height as Dawn (shorter than Sora), but has some radically different proportions. The head morph and textures are from my CatsEyes. The upper body is CatsEyes, and the torso and lower portion are brand new. Hope you like it. ^^

StylizedBody_1200.jpg

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Thank you, MissB! I made the torso shorter, which makes the legs look longer. The head is a little smaller. The torso has a new shape, and the hips have a different proportion and positioning. The whole body is leaner than both Dawn and Sora, which makes her look taller, but she's the same height as Dawn, and shorter than Sora. The shape is still rather rough, I have to smooth it out a bit more. The only part I am using Sora is the head because CatsEyes requires it. :)

I want to do side-by-side comparison with Dawn, Sora, CatsEyes and "this body shape " (no name) to show how different they are. ^^

Last edited:

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Thank you, Dreamer! I still have to render my cat! :D

Here's a comparison using default DawnSE, Sora, CatsEyes, and a mix between Dawn + Stylized and Sora + Stylized. The stylized morph seems to work well with both Dawn and Sora - especially with Sora. Now that I look at them side-by-side, the stylized Dawn and Sora look rather petite, where both are shorter and leaner. Here we also see how the stylized hip and torso have a different placement, shape, and proportion. The torso is shorter, the waist is lower, crotch line is higher, and the hip curve is lower down the thighs, and the abdomen is softer, curvier, and more defined. These features become quite accentuated in Sora because she's also stylized. The stylized morph doesn't change the face and breasts because I like to customize these by character. ^^

The character in the previous render was Sora + Stylized + CatsEyes face.

What do you guys think?

Comparison_1024.jpg

Last edited:

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I like the Stylised figure Ken (just on Dawn she looks like Sora's younger sister) I would be interesting to see the Stylised figure next to the Petite morph on Dawn (also interesting would be to see the stylised part dialled in on CatsEyes. :D)