• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Show Us Your Dawn Renders!

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
If people have already replied, then moving the posts would leave the thread looking weird :). In any case, you wouldn't want to delete things, but if anything, move the posts to a WIP thread for whatever it's gonna be. A few stray posts isn't an issue ;)

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
Brikitta for Dawn in Superfly.
Brikitta.jpg

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
Nice Glitterati! I really like that hair on her too!

Thanks, Rae. I love that hair - it's SAV's Twingo Hair and comes with a fit for Dawn and Dusk. I think it actually renders better in Superfly than in Firefly. I add the EZSkin3 hair shaders to it for Superfly.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Lovely renders Traci and Rae...

Rae, I love that drawer set but in my thoughts it's covered with wizard/witch paraphernalia. When I can afford it I'll show what I mean...

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Looking great, Traci! I am just starting to get better with Superfly. That SMS webinar about the Physical Surface was really useful. I am use it a lot now. :)

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Rae, I love that drawer set but in my thoughts it's covered with wizard/witch paraphernalia. When I can afford it I'll show what I mean...
Yes, that would be a good use for it. My initial thought was the old, now antique, library file drawers many years ago, before the public library went digital.

Last edited:

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
When I first saw it, while not quite the same (the draws are long), it reminded me of where I did my apprenticeship where they still had the letterpress printers and they had something similar to keep the metal type and printing blocks :D

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
Looking great, Traci! I am just starting to get better with Superfly. That SMS webinar about the Physical Surface was really useful. I am use it a lot now. :)

I agree, Ken. The webinar answered a lot of questions there was no documentation for. I do almost all my promos in Superfly now. It's just so much easier to use and produces reliably "true" output in the same amount of time it takes to get a well lit promo out of Firefly.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
I am also amazed how ridiculously *simple* it is to add SSS to any skin with the Physical Surface. Most over-complicated skin shaders are just to emulate what Physical Surface can do by setting a single numeric parameter. For example, DawnSE skin shaders look daunting, but I could replace them all with a single Physical Surface with just the maps plugged in, and it looks exactly the same in renders. ^^