• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Show Us Your Dawn Renders!

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
New render with Stylized + Sora, and it's interesting that both characters have the same face (default Sora) but textures can do wonders to make them look like different characters. Rendered in Poser with Octane.

KittyRidesBunny_1200.jpg

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Thanks, Rae! These textures are converted from V4. I just added the stripes to the catgirl as an overlay. ^^

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I like Ken, and I can't tell you how many times I just change a default character texture when doing a quick test of something the character's wearing, or what have you. Just a simple skin texture change does wonders. Not sure why, but it always seems that way to me.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
@Rae134 Applying "Stylized" to either Sora or Dawn gives them both the more petite/mignon physique I was looking for more recently. It also adds the pelvis bone shape and the softer/curvier abs I wanted since SR-2. :)

@Miss B Oh yes, and I have so many V4 textures that need to get into Dawn...

Miss B

CV-BEE
@Miss B Oh yes, and I have so many V4 textures that need to get into Dawn...
I have loads I'd like to use on Dawn as well, but I don't have Blacksmith and/or Texture Transformer, so the only thing I've successfully converted from V4 to Dawn is hair, and as soon as Joe gets to doing the Dusk addon for his HCS, I'll be able to attack all the M4 hairs I have as well. ;)

sanbie

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
I have texture transformer...but can never get it to work properly for me! lol ...Yeah I know dummy!

Miss B

CV-BEE
Don't talk that way Sanbie. I've always wanted to do conforming clothes, but can never get it to work correctly, and you do that all the time.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I've got TT, I wondered why I could only convert a couple of textures but not the rest. I use DS but TT needs the poser files so if they don't have them you need to export/save(?) it as a CRsomething first :p

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
My only grudge against TT is that it doesn't convert the bump, specular and other maps - it only handles diffuse maps. It ignores everything else in the materials. If we want those, we have to do it again for each of them individually, which is a bummer.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
At least we HAVE a way to reuse V4 textures on Dawn, and I have PLENTY here. I don't use V4 anymore, so I don't want all that to go to waste. That's why I bought TT, and I don't regret it - it just could be betetr. :)

Miss B

CV-BEE
Do you have to own Blacksmith3D to use TT? Is it integrated? I ask because I had Blacksmith when it first came out years ago, when it was just a texture painting app, and I didn't like it, so have no desire to buy it again now, even though it offers more.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Hehe I wish it could convert all the other maps, not just the diffuse in one pass. At least we can do it manually in multiple passes.

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
I have texture transformer...but can never get it to work properly for me! lol ...Yeah I know dummy!

You're not the only one. I've never gotten it to work either. Of course in my case it may have something to do with running it through wine because I'm on a Mac.