• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Show Us Your Dawn Renders!

DigiDotz

Adventurous
My Daughter got a kitty that keeps laying on my shoulders ..tea drinker too..keeps getting its furry face in me tea cup!

Some very nice renders been done.
I say ken that is one heck of a pair of legs ;) For some reason she makes me think of Poisson Ivy, could be the green glow :)

Been playing around with a few thing my self and wound up with this that I rather liked so made it a proper render

Thank you, Dreamer! I still have to render my cat! :D

Here's a comparison using default DawnSE, Sora, CatsEyes, and a mix between Dawn + Stylized and Sora + Stylized. The stylized morph seems to work well with both Dawn and Sora - especially with Sora. Now that I look at them side-by-side, the stylized Dawn and Sora look rather petite, where both are shorter and leaner. Here we also see how the stylized hip and torso have a different placement, shape, and proportion. The torso is shorter, the waist is lower, crotch line is higher, and the hip curve is lower down the thighs, and the abdomen is softer, curvier, and more defined. These features become quite accentuated in Sora because she's also stylized. The stylized morph doesn't change the face and breasts because I like to customize these by character. ^^

The character in the previous render was Sora + Stylized + CatsEyes face.

What do you guys think?

View attachment 17640

Thanks for the comparison. For me Sora as is now has way too big hips for a proper anime figure. I know you can change it if you have the body morph packs but I really prefer the classic look of a figure like Lightning. She has the big chest but the rest of her is slim and she has those long long legs. Probably I would use the stylized Dawn body with a Sora head. It is my opinion only though.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
@Rae134 Oh yeah, I still have to see what happens if I mix stylized with CatsEyes. Though Cats is a different physique, heavier, taller and more voluptuous. It's good to have options. ^^

@Miss B Thank you, I wanted to see this comparison, too.

@Dragonsegg It's good to have options. I emphasize more of the torso and lower body because we already have plenty of chest and head morphs to play with. What I was really missing was this kind of abs definition, and this kind of body proportions on the torso, hips and legs. I just came up with this shape last night and it's still rough and unpolished, but it's good enough to show the direction I want to go with my next character shape. As opposed to CatsEyes, which is a morph for Sora, this new stylized one works in either Dawn or Sora, so it's more versatile. I left the breasts and face alone so I can customize them individually for different characters. ^^

sanbie

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
Came up with a new body type for Sora. She is the same height as Dawn (shorter than Sora), but has some radically different proportions. The head morph and textures are from my CatsEyes. The upper body is CatsEyes, and the torso and lower portion are brand new. Hope you like it. ^^

Loving this Ken..

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist

Thank you, Sabie! Only after I made the comparison render I realized the "stylized" body was shorter than Dawn. She's the same height if applied to Sora. ^^

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
This is Birkitta, soon to be in the stores.
The background is from DAZ Studio and the top is Glitteratti3D's Long Jacket.
The lighting is also from DAZ Studio and the hair is Dawn's Fashionista Hair.
Just wanted to show her off a bit. :)
Click image for larger view.

!Birkitta-C.jpg

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
@NapalmArsenal That's one thing we should first consult @Chris to make sure we are not detracting from his development thread. Someone mentioned here a while ago about creating a Sora gallery, but I assume this would be planned for when she's out in the market. I know there will be a Sora gallery at some point. :)

@Daniel Hicks(OganicPic) Thank you! I made the stylized body for Dawn, but I think it looks even better on Sora. ^^