• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

luannemarie

Busy Bee
Title: Ocean View
Ocean View 101z.jpg

View attachment 53695
Working on a hippogryph and thought I wanted to see if I could adapt the head to fit the cat for a griphon. Initially thought the head was too big but I think it has to be that size... is actually as long as the horse head.
This will be a geograft or even just a snug fit, as I intend to add feathers so the transition won't be visible much. Considering the bird legs... not yet sure how to do them. Might just be a graft for the hoofpart with adaptation of the horse leg length. I think the cannon needs to be shorter for the bird and the forearm longer. Although thinking about where to stop with the feathers and whether they might work as cloth sim.
Well that's something you don't see every day! Nice, creative work!

Still working on different shaders for the elemental dragons. So I just flipped the shader in the horse for the above image and ended up with these:

Fire and Ember
View attachment 54660

Dustdevil... or actually AirView attachment 54661
not quite happy with air yet.... it's too compact.. maybe the color ought to be more bluish.

Wow. I really love this series. So bold and dramatic and spiritual too. "Fire and Ember" is a little masterwork. Kudos.

FreyrStrongart

Brilliant
Contributing Artist
Anyone know how Seahorse Texture Addon works with Daz 3DL?
There is an iray converter to 3DL but it doesn't really give good results for the mats. I tried it out and it doesn't transfere glossy mats and other stuff so the effect is completely lost. This is one reason, why I didn't actually do a 3DL texture... I couldn't get the effects I wanted in 3DL. The Irays render with 3DL but they don't look anything like they would with iray. But I probably all depends on how you want it to come across.