• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Dreamer

Dream Weaver Designs
Been a while since I did anything, just finished this one tonight

FreyrStrongart

Brilliant
Contributing Artist
hippogryph and griphon.jpg

Working on a hippogryph and thought I wanted to see if I could adapt the head to fit the cat for a griphon. Initially thought the head was too big but I think it has to be that size... is actually as long as the horse head.
This will be a geograft or even just a snug fit, as I intend to add feathers so the transition won't be visible much. Considering the bird legs... not yet sure how to do them. Might just be a graft for the hoofpart with adaptation of the horse leg length. I think the cannon needs to be shorter for the bird and the forearm longer. Although thinking about where to stop with the feathers and whether they might work as cloth sim.

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
As usual, Freyr, you are amazing! I look forward to seeing these develop!

My thoughts on the head for the cat: That the nose be shorter, more kestrel or owl-like, rather than drawn out so long like an eagle. Mostly the beak and mouth part.

FreyrStrongart

Brilliant
Contributing Artist
good idea. I might go for a more falcon like approach for the cat. Have to see how it works out with the lion. That one might need a more eagle like beak. Not going for all cat races but I think it would be nice to have a lighter and a more solid griphon. Gosh... tooo many ideas!! And never enough time!

FreyrStrongart

Brilliant
Contributing Artist
Sigh... but I can't seem to save the strand based hair as prop asset. DAZ keeps crashing on me. I wonder whether there are too many pieces in the scene to save them.

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
Love the hair tufts. Would really love them to add to my kit for Harry works. Would ven settle for getting them as parenting props for each horse body part. Better than NOT having hair in those parts!

FreyrStrongart

Brilliant
Contributing Artist
The strand based hair will always conform perfectly to the figure if it is the original figure they were designed for. You can even style them differently if you want to. And it's not difficult to create them. Just save them as scene subsets. You load them and then need to fit them to the figure. When creating them, give them individual names though. Use the Edit / object /edit strand based hair. First adapt them to the pose of the figure, then comb them as you like. AND DO NOT PARENT THEM! It took me ages to find out why they wouldn't stay with the figure.