• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
A little teaser for those hot summer days to come!

West World Bath House
West World Bath House.jpg

Created With: Landon 8, Pixel luna's Tattoos for Genesis 8, HiveWire Horse, Mustang for the HiveWire Horse, Matthew Hair for Genesis 3, HiveWire Western Tack for the HiveWire Horse, HiveWire Cowboy Hat, CWRW's Classic Hat textures for the Hivewire Cowboy Hat, Gunslinger outfit for Genesis 8, Pix Siri Cigar

Save a Horse Ride A Cowboy
Save A Horse Ride A Cowboy SML2.jpg

Created With: Landon 8, Pixel luna's Tattoos for Genesis 8, HiveWire Horse, Mustang for the HiveWire Horse, Matthew Hair for Genesis 3, HiveWire Western Tack for the HiveWire Horse, HiveWire Cowboy Hat, CWRW's Classic Hat textures for the Hivewire Cowboy Hat, Gunslinger outfit for Genesis 8, Pix Siri Cigar, Lisa's Botanicals Dead bushes

A few Coat Textures That I have worked with and Growing Up Thoroughbred For the Hivewire Horse, Foal, and Thoroughbred, CWRW's Liver Chestnuts, Unicorn, Red Dunskin, Friesian, Grullas, Seahorse for the HiveWire Horse, and Seahorse Textures for the HiveWire Horse, CWRW;s Blanket Appaloosas, and CWRW's Mane and Tale 3

Attachments

• HMM3.jpg
    HMM3.jpg
    968.5 KB · Views: 225
  • FoxFire.jpg
    FoxFire.jpg
    838.2 KB · Views: 235
  • Roses Are REd.jpg
    Roses Are REd.jpg
    992.3 KB · Views: 279
  • Lonesome Moon copy.jpg
    Lonesome Moon copy.jpg
    633 KB · Views: 247
  • Whale Shark copy.jpg
    Whale Shark copy.jpg
    269.5 KB · Views: 236
  • UnicornResave.jpg
    UnicornResave.jpg
    919.4 KB · Views: 276
  • Lily Horse copy.jpg
    Lily Horse copy.jpg
    436.4 KB · Views: 247
  • All Hallows' Eve.jpg
    All Hallows' Eve.jpg
    463.5 KB · Views: 254
  • Green Algae Bloom SML.jpg
    Green Algae Bloom SML.jpg
    266.8 KB · Views: 233
  • Rogue Desperado.jpg
    Rogue Desperado.jpg
    260.7 KB · Views: 255
Last edited:

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Thunderbird
Thunderbird 2 SML.jpg

Created With: HiveWire 3D horse, CWRW's Percheron Coat Texture, CWRW's Converted Mil horse texture put on a geoshell and superimposed over the Percheron Coat texture, (I used the white areas over the coat texture in the geoshell, CWRW's Mane and Tail 3, Songbird remix several different birds of prey converted to silhouette via Photoshop Syles, Background is from The Other Rim by Didi MC available at renderosity, Feathers are also from Renderosity and sold as an MR, background design is from PB Calligraphy, feather conchos are from Wachiwi Hair ornaments

Last edited:
The full size render is too large to post here, so I'm posting the thumbnail I made for Renderosity. You can view the full size render on my Renderosity gallery or on my blog.

{PR}HWMare+Foal-THUMB.jpg

Poor mama is just trying to get some rest, while her kiddo has other ideas!

(I used to breed horses and loved watching how the mares dealt with the antics of their kiddos. Some mares tolerated being jumped on, nipped, and so on, while others most decidedly did NOT! The latter made the best mothers ;-)

Rendered in July 2020 in Poser Pro 11 Firefly at 4400 × 2475 pixels, using direct lighting (one infinite light sun and an IBL light). View full size on my blog.

SCENE CREDITS: Hidden Stream by 2ndWorld; Lupinus Flowers and Flutter of Butterflies by ShaaraMuse3D; Moss and Indian Grass by Lisa’s Botanicals.
CHARACTER CREDITS: HW Horse figures; Foal character; CWRW Grullas for the HiveWire Horse.

Hey Dream9

Yes Harry's mane, while capable of so many looks, can be a bit daunting for new users- this video might help!

I watched that but need to watch it a couple more times. LOL It takes me a while to absorb new info sometimes. Also, when I reloaded my Poser scene to do a couple spot fix renders because I had ran out of memory, his forelocks did something odd. They loaded straight and a few inches above his head while the rest of his mane loaded mostly the way it was before except also being a few inches above the neck. I was able to use one of the dials to move most of the mane back to the neck but the forelocks stayed where they were. I had to splice together three renders in Photoshop to get what you see above because I was never able to get the forelocks back to their original position of my original render. :/ I hope what I just wrote made sense, I'm still sipping my first coffee.

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
I watched that but need to watch it a couple more times. LOL It takes me a while to absorb new info sometimes. Also, when I reloaded my Poser scene to do a couple spot fix renders because I had ran out of memory, his forelocks did something odd. They loaded straight and a few inches above his head while the rest of his mane loaded mostly the way it was before except also being a few inches above the neck. I was able to use one of the dials to move most of the mane back to the neck but the forelocks stayed where they were. I had to splice together three renders in Photoshop to get what you see above because I was never able to get the forelocks back to their original position of my original render. :/ I hope what I just wrote made sense, I'm still sipping my first coffee.
Show Off mane and tail poses do for sure make things easier, but if you are wanting something custom Laurie's vid tut is awesome too!

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
It's definitely worth watching the video a few times- it will really give a better idea of what all the dials do. That's what I do with any new model- play with all the dials to see what they do (and don't do too:) Once one gets familiar with the dials and what they can do, then time to "break the rules".:)