PD Howler

Discussion in 'Project Dogwaffle Howler' started by Dakorillon (IMArts), Dec 25, 2017.

1. Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dakorillon (IMArts) Extraordinary Contributing Artist

Oh, this was the image that I live painted during the webinar. The only things I added afterwards, was the Golden tree, the boat, two trees on the right and the stream. The stream and the boat were requests during the webinar, that I didn't have time to finish. Boat to Golden Island-sm.jpg

mininessie and Janet like this.
  2. Dakorillon (IMArts)

The webinar will be out at DAZ in a few weeks (4-6). I'm still trying to figure out how to do some that I can have here at HiveWire. Will let you all know when I do.

3. Dakorillon (IMArts)

The Recording was turned down by DAZ. :(

But on a positiv-ish note. For anyone who has been interested in this software, it's on sale now for $20 on the developer's site. The programmer has some health issues and is trying to raise money. So, now is a perfect time to get it.

Buy Howler Digital Painter

Please spread the word, too.

4. AlphinaNovaStar

AlphinaNovaStar Energetic

hmmm now to remember which Howler version I have.
    Sorry that it got turned down.
    edit: do I need a second license to run on a second computer? Might get a Mac Book later this year, maybe.

5. Dakorillon (IMArts)

no you don't have to have a second license. But, it won't run natively on a MAC, you will have to run it through a Windows emulator.

6. Dakorillon (IMArts)

I'm so excited! The Webinar above is now at home at HiveWire3D!

Wilderness Scenes Advanced Painting Techniques Video - A Digital Art Live/Immortal Moments Arts Creation at HiveWire 3D

I really enjoyed presenting this one for Digital Art Live and am very pleased that it is released here. While I use PD Howler for the main live painting in the video, the compositional information and the basic painting techniques work with any 2D software (The compositional parts work with ANY visual art form!). So, whether you need a refresher in composition, or have never had the chance to get some of the foundational art information, this video can give start.

And if you ever wanted to try digital painting and didn't know where to start, then this will get you started, too!

If you want to paint along (just like with Bob Ross!) then pull out your software of choice!

Rae134 likes this.
  7. AlphinaNovaStar

AlphinaNovaStar Energetic

Bob Ross is cool in his own way. I liked the Dead Pool 2 Preview with Dead Pool dressed up as Bob Ross.

8. Dakorillon (IMArts)

O.O never saw that one!

9. Dakorillon (IMArts)

If you've been sitting on the fence about buying Howler, this is the non-animation version (everything else is the same) for free for a limited time!
    From the PR department:

Hello, we're doing a 2-day promotion with SharewareOnSale - free PD Artist 11.

I know, they made a few typos and mistakes, showing an older version 9.6 from a few years ago in parts of the web presentation, even the download link shows the text as v9.6 (perhaps fixed by the time you look), but the link is good, and points to 11.4 SOS edition. I checked the download and checksums are as expected too.

See www.thebest3d.com/sos or go straight to

Free PD Artist 11 (100% discount) | SharewareOnSale

If you know a starving artist interested in Artist 11, .... carpe diem

There's also an upgrade offer for a a few days to PD Howler.

Happy waffling!

10. Dakorillon (IMArts)

The next version of PD Howler is getting ready to come out! Lots of improvements to the GUI. And lately a number of People have been using JSPlacement for height maps to use in PD Howler for Urban scapes!

JSPlacement is free. It does produce 8k x 8k maps which Howler has a bit of problem with, so just reduce them to 4K x 4K or 6k x 6k and it works fine.

You can find JSPlacement here: Windmill - Digital Art

And the latest version of PD Howler here: Howler Digital Painter or here: https://www.thebest3d.com/ Which also has more information on the changes.

Here is an image that I made with JSP and PDHowler! Green City

11. Rae134

Rae134 Distinguished CV-BEE Contributing Artist

Looks great Dax!

Dakorillon (IMArts) likes this.
  12. Dakorillon (IMArts)

Thanks, Rae!

Rae134 likes this.