PD Howler

Discussion in 'Project Dogwaffle Howler' started by Dakorillon (IMArts), Dec 25, 2017.

1. Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dakorillon (IMArts) Extraordinary Contributing Artist

Thought I would throw up a thread here for people who have questions and suggestions about Project Dogwaffle Howler (PD Howler) and PD Artist (also, PD Particles). I'm happy to answer, or find the answers for you. There is a 20% (I think) discount on the webinar in January right now (Digital Art Live), and currently there is a sale on Howler and Artist at thebest3d.com, Don't know how much it is at DAZ, but probably on sale there, too.

Happy Howling.

Bonnie2001 and RAMWolff like this.
  2. Dakorillon (IMArts)

A quick reminder that the webinar will be on 13 January. We are also working to see if we can get a discount for Howler for people who attend the workshop. Hope to see you all there!

Bonnie2001 and jk79238 like this.
  3. Dakorillon (IMArts)

Video showcasing a bunch of my Landscapes and reminding folks about the Webinar this Saturday, 13 January. You can still get a discount for the webinar (10% off) for the early bird. Also, the developer is offering 33% off Howler or upgrades for those who attend the Webinar, AND I have a few free goodies for the attendees, too! Hope to see you there. AND please enjoy the slideshow in any case.

Bonnie2001 likes this.
  4. Dakorillon (IMArts)

Last day to sign up! There is a special "streaming only" price being offered now, too. Hope to see folks there!

5. Dakorillon (IMArts)

The webinar went very well today, and the full recording/video tutorial will be in the Daz Store, soon. I'll let folks know when it's up!

Rae134 likes this.
  6. Dakorillon (IMArts)

Upcoming Events 20 Powerful Postwork Procedures with PD Howler | Digital Art Live

Another webinar coming up! use "postwork10" to get a discount. It doesn't matter which render engine you use, this is about postwork of the image in PD Howler. If you aren't interested, please spread the word!

Thanks!

PS. has anyone else tried the techniques from the webinar? And I've been told that the recording will be on the DAZ store sometime this week.

7. AlphinaNovaStar

AlphinaNovaStar Energetic

I think caps lock is annoying. Oh wait before caps lock ruined my typing I was going to say that I think I have PD artist 10, but debating on getting howler 11. I am also looking to see what open source 2D and 3D art software there is too.

8. Dakorillon (IMArts)

There are a number of open source software options out there. And if you have PD Artist 10 you can do MOST of the things that I talk about on my YouTube videos, in other words, you can do most "art" things. It just doesn't have all the 3D capabilities of Howler 11. So, if you are using Blender (Open source) for your 3D, then Artist would do you well. You can always do the free trial of Howler 11 if you want to take it for a test drive, too.

And I do hate cap locks on occaision, as well.

9. AlphinaNovaStar

I am trying to figure out how to get blender to work on my computer, other words a version that would work on it.

10. Dakorillon (IMArts)

What kind of computer do you have? And I think that Hexagon at DAZ is still free right now, too. You might check it. It's easier than Blender

11. AlphinaNovaStar

It is an old Lenovo Think Pad with Windows 10 on it now but it originally came with Vista.

Dakorillon (IMArts) likes this.
  12. Dakorillon (IMArts)

Hexagon should work on it, then. And maybe try the 32-bit version of Blender? It would be less intensive than the 64 bit. And PD Artist should run fine.

13. Dakorillon (IMArts)

Bonnie2001 likes this.
  14. Dakorillon (IMArts)

Last chance to sign up for the webinar today!

15. AlphinaNovaStar

oops is it too late? how much is it? when is it?

16. Dakorillon (IMArts)

17. Satira Capriccio

Satira Capriccio Distinguished CV-BEE Contributing Artist

Thanks for the link. I went to look at registering for the webinar when you posted a couple days ago, but while I could find several other webinars, I couldn't find this one.

18. Dakorillon (IMArts)

The webinar is still accepting people through March 2nd, so if you are interested, there is still time. The First webinar is still on sale at DAZ (Vendor Digital Art Live). And there are more PD Howler painting webinars coming in the future, highlighting straight digital 2D painting.

Rae134 likes this.
  19. Dakorillon (IMArts)

20. Dakorillon (IMArts)

Well, the webinars are finished for now! But, I feel a sense of release, so that is a good thing. I have lots of other areas to focus on, so I'm excited to to that! Sometimes, I just have to get to that point in my learning/doing, to be ready to move on for a while. And then of course, I'll circle back around eventually, but it will be refreshing, not draining, as this last one has been.