• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Thought I would throw up a thread here for people who have questions and suggestions about Project Dogwaffle Howler (PD Howler) and PD Artist (also, PD Particles). I'm happy to answer, or find the answers for you. There is a 20% (I think) discount on the webinar in January right now (Digital Art Live), and currently there is a sale on Howler and Artist at thebest3d.com, Don't know how much it is at DAZ, but probably on sale there, too.

Happy Howling.

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Video showcasing a bunch of my Landscapes and reminding folks about the Webinar this Saturday, 13 January. You can still get a discount for the webinar (10% off) for the early bird. Also, the developer is offering 33% off Howler or upgrades for those who attend the Webinar, AND I have a few free goodies for the attendees, too! Hope to see you there. AND please enjoy the slideshow in any case.

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
The webinar went very well today, and the full recording/video tutorial will be in the Daz Store, soon. I'll let folks know when it's up!

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Upcoming Events 20 Powerful Postwork Procedures with PD Howler | Digital Art Live

Another webinar coming up! use "postwork10" to get a discount. It doesn't matter which render engine you use, this is about postwork of the image in PD Howler. If you aren't interested, please spread the word!

Thanks!

PS. has anyone else tried the techniques from the webinar? And I've been told that the recording will be on the DAZ store sometime this week.

AlphinaNovaStar

Energetic
I think caps lock is annoying. Oh wait before caps lock ruined my typing I was going to say that I think I have PD artist 10, but debating on getting howler 11. I am also looking to see what open source 2D and 3D art software there is too.

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
There are a number of open source software options out there. And if you have PD Artist 10 you can do MOST of the things that I talk about on my YouTube videos, in other words, you can do most "art" things. It just doesn't have all the 3D capabilities of Howler 11. So, if you are using Blender (Open source) for your 3D, then Artist would do you well. You can always do the free trial of Howler 11 if you want to take it for a test drive, too.

And I do hate cap locks on occaision, as well.

AlphinaNovaStar

Energetic
There are a number of open source software options out there. And if you have PD Artist 10 you can do MOST of the things that I talk about on my YouTube videos, in other words, you can do most "art" things. It just doesn't have all the 3D capabilities of Howler 11. So, if you are using Blender (Open source) for your 3D, then Artist would do you well. You can always do the free trial of Howler 11 if you want to take it for a test drive, too.

And I do hate cap locks on occaision, as well.
I am trying to figure out how to get blender to work on my computer, other words a version that would work on it.

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
What kind of computer do you have? And I think that Hexagon at DAZ is still free right now, too. You might check it. It's easier than Blender

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Hexagon should work on it, then. And maybe try the 32-bit version of Blender? It would be less intensive than the 64 bit. And PD Artist should run fine.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Thanks for the link. I went to look at registering for the webinar when you posted a couple days ago, but while I could find several other webinars, I couldn't find this one.

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Well, the webinars are finished for now! But, I feel a sense of release, so that is a good thing. I have lots of other areas to focus on, so I'm excited to to that! Sometimes, I just have to get to that point in my learning/doing, to be ready to move on for a while. And then of course, I'll circle back around eventually, but it will be refreshing, not draining, as this last one has been.