• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Official Announcement: DAZ terminates agreement to publish HiveWire 3D animals!

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
You're welcome!

Oh you had to go and remind me. My birthday's the day after yours, and I'm a number of years older than you. Thanks a lot Satira. ~grumble, grumble~

There is a solution. Urinals for men ... nice comfy toilets with seats for women. We'd even share the toilet with you when you need to sit.

I just wish women would put the seat back up when done o_O :whistling:

Sigh. I left off the n in Urinals for men. That would have been strange for those of you who know I'm female!

Worse ... I had six ships killed by a stupid Fierce Quid I should have been able to destroy. It cost me 3 of my best firearms and 7 of my next best firearms. At least I lost no cannons. Those are a lot more expensive to replace. Apparently, my third ship decided not to join the fleet, and I missed that because I was posting.

I have a rather intense love / hate relationship with Pirates of Everseas.

theschell

Brilliant
Welcome to the forum.

I have nothing but admiration for someone that can use both DS and Poser, I only use Poser but I don't dislike DS but I know I do not have the patience to learn another new piece of software that does many of the things I can already do in Poser. I used Hexagon for quite a while even though I am not good with modelling but it crashed a little to often on my machine at the time, which could well have been my machine. After a while it appeared to me to be unloved and, like Carrara, I stopped using it. These days I tend to use Silo for what little modelling I do.

I agree with you that is a real shame that the Daz vendors get dragged into this and any loss of sales to them has a bigger impact than the company itself. I have stopped buying in another marketplace, not Daz in this case, but I still feel uneasy at not being able to support the vendors there who had nothing to do with the reason I stopped buying. Not being good a modelling myself they are another group I admire and the amount they get for all their hard work hardly seems fair, so any drop in sales just really adds insult to injury.

I do see some of the anger directed at Daz and I do wish it was not the case despite the fact I understand a lot of it. Daz was what got me started in this as a hobby and I have fond memories of what it was and, despite the change, I would hate to see it fail. Hivewire reminds me very much of the old Daz and I don't think you have to look too far to see why that is the case.

I think one of the worst things that has happened to our community as a whole was the DAZ/Poser rift a few years back when DAZ changed formats and file structure... it's done a lot of damage to everyone from brokerages, to vendors and customers...

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
I still hang out over there, but I've dropped the idea of brokering there after this incident. I find I'm liking Dawn almost as much as the Genesis family of figures.

I think you'll love working with Dawn and Dusk. I sure do. I can't compare it to Genesis as I have never used it, but to all the DAZ figures before Genesis, I can. Dawn and Dusk are far superior to anything before. If you have any Dawn or Dusk specific questions, ask away. You'll get a ton of answers and help around here.

I do think, though, this is one piece DAZ never counted on - so many of it's members coming over here and discovering the falsehoods that are disseminated about the Hivewire figures.

Terre

Renowned
I just wish women would put the seat back up when done o_O :whistling:
Solution: Put the lid down. That way everyone who uses it has to lift up something. ;)
Of course the reason my husband and I started doing that was actually different...... Late one Sunday evening in August there was a sound from outside the front door. (the door was open with the screen door locked). After the sound got repeated I went to look. A grey kitten looked up at me begging for help. He was starving. We were afraid that if he could get at the water in the toilet he might fall in and drown as he might not have the energy to get out. Poor kitty was so starved that the first three days he just ate, used the litter box and slept. He didn't start playing with the normal energy levels for a four month old until he'd been with us for a week. We've just kept on putting down the lid since then.

MCarr

There are a lot of content creators I wish were developing for Hivewire figures and selling here, no matter where they are selling at the moment.

I agree for the simple fact I would love to see MORE content come out at HW. Whenever I see a WIP preview post from Chris my mind says" hurry up already" LOL.

I am glad this thread has settled down and kudos to the mods for their hard work. It was very hard keeping my mouth shut on some of the posts, especially since I can be pretty passionate with my point of view also (have had quite a few posts deleted at other sites, LOL).
While I am not a fanboy of any company, I am a DS only user and as such need DS compatible products to keep being made and sold, regardless of who is making them. I am very thankful that HW products do work well in DS as they are quality products and I always look forward to the new offerings. I am a big fan of competition and believe the more stores, the merrier as a customer that doesn't use DIM and installs everything manually.
Hopefully all this can be put behind us and we can look forward to more positive things in the future. Keep up the great work HW!

fabiana

Inspired
Contributing Artist
Hello everyone
I have been reading all the way this "start to end" journey, even I did not comment till now.
In my personal oppinion, to mix HW with Daz is like to mix water and oil. From the very start, both companies are too different and too far away in the way they are handled and... specially... loved.
I was wondering if this could last, and in my deep I wished it could because is a huge customers base and a very large organization... but not surprised me to know about this news.
I wish the best to HW and all the beautifull people that works here and "are" HW. I personally want to buy right now all the cat's line and I really prefer to buy them here.
So, with a big hug I cover you all and going fast to look for my kitten, my cat and so on... bought at home :)

Fabi

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Aww, Fabi, that's so sweet - great to see you!!

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Welcome to the HiveWire forums theshell. I've seen quite a few of your aircraft, and they are awesome pieces of modelling. :)

theschell

Brilliant
Most people, specially new DS users, don't realize that Poser content can still be used natively in DS... I wrote a tutorial about it at one point, but the trolls tried to argue that my information was incorrect... despite the fact that I have DS 4.9 set up to read and use the runtimes straight from my installations of Poser 7 and 10 without having to leave studio, it's a bit harder than it used to be, but still works... if anyone is interested I can share the tutorial here...

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Fabiana. Good to have you drop in again.

I know you've been looking for a furry Kitten. Looks like you'll be able to get that little critter now right? Yes, yes!

Laurie Prindle and others are creating some beautiful imagery of our Kitten with Saiyaness's LAMH presets.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Oh I used DS from version 2, through versions 3 Advanced to 4.0 Pro, and I ALWAYS used the Poser versions of the products I bought in DS. The only time I used the DS version of a product, is when it only came in DS and was an old product that could be used in any version of DS. I stopped, and got back into Poser, when the format changed to DUF, and so many vendors stopped creating in Poser format as well as DS format.

Anyway, good to see you here theshell, and I hope you stick around for a while. ;)