Official Announcement: DAZ terminates agreement to publish HiveWire 3D animals!

Discussion in 'The Meadow' started by Chris, Jul 31, 2017.

1. sapat

sapat Adventurous QAV-BEE

:D Yep!!

Mythocentric likes this.
  2. quietrob

quietrob Extraordinary

It appears that Renderosity knows a good deal when it sees it. More and better exposure for the Hive. A good user base and you retain rights.

This is appears to be a good deal indeed. Now get me a decent polar bear.

Tempesta3d likes this.
  3. Miss B

Miss B Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time CV-BEE

That it has!!! :D

Mythocentric likes this.
  4. Miss B

Ohhh, and this thread has been unstickied (if that's actually a word). ;)

Oh and BTW, we now have 92 new members since this all started. YAY TEAM!!

5. Stezza

Stezza Extraordinary

Mine and others posts have also been removed... so has that product ;)

6. Hornet3d

Hornet3d Distinguished

Ostrich, Head and Sand are a few words that spring to mind.

7. quietrob

quietrob Extraordinary

I just got a like from Tempesta3D! Tempesta3D is just the best! The best!!!

Ha! So there!

McG., pommerlis, Hornet3d and 5 others like this.
  8. Janet

Janet Extraordinary Contributing Artist

Let's all like quietrob!

pommerlis likes this.
  9. Terre

Terre Distinguished

Done. :)
    Besides, he is a very nice guy.

quietrob and Janet like this.
  10. Miss B

OK, I "like" him too. BTW Rob, I also got liked by Tempesta . . . twice in fact. ;)

Janet likes this.
  11. quietrob

quietrob Extraordinary

Two Likes from T3? I'm not surprised, Miss B! Thanks, Terre and Janet!:coffee:

Janet likes this.
  12. daywalker03

daywalker03 Eager

It's even more frustrating to be trying to explain that not every vendor at a store expects every item the sell to be purchased by the same small group of buyers and that them not buying something for a given reason won't impact the vendor much, if at all, and have my post removed for "being off topic" or some such BS, when my response is about how vendors won't miss a person not buying a product because it has he same textures another item does (the thread topic).

Desertsilver likes this.
  13. quietrob

quietrob Extraordinary

@daywalker03 I think you might be missing a few keys on your keyboard. I'm not sure quite certain what you are trying to say except that you don't like they way a certain forum's mods behave. Especially, in your opinion, in ways that either don't make sense or isn't fair to the poster or the group as a whole. Considering this thread's topic, I think it's okay if the subject digresses now and then.

14. Hornet3d

Hornet3d Distinguished

I'll second that.

quietrob likes this.
  15. quietrob

quietrob Extraordinary

Hornet! You too! You know we're scifi brother in arms!

Hornet3d likes this.
  16. wendyluvscatz

wendyluvscatz Inspired

my post was mainly about how products cannot be discussed which sort of ties in with what happened to poor Chris Creek.
    It is a sell it, buy it and just shut the hell up environment over there,

quietrob likes this.
  17. Hornet3d

Hornet3d Distinguished

I can't comment on the discussions as I just don't visit the forum in question, this being the only forum I am really active in but I think any company that does not allow honest feedback is missing a trick. A lot of companies these days actively welcome it. Whenever I have a service done at a Honda dealership I have an email a few days later asking me to complete a survey about the service. Any order placed with the detailing company I use for car cleaning products asks me to do a feedback on trust pilot, the same for the group that run the cottages that we use when we go on vacation.

When feedback is removed people are often left with the feeling they either don't care or, worse still, have something to hide.

I agree it sort of ties in with the thread but even if it did not I have seen other threads drift a great deal further away from the original topic.

quietrob likes this.
  18. carmen indorato

carmen indorato Extraordinary

Comes down to need I guess.
    When a company feels it is doing good enough it can do without good customer service, or tech support, or hey POSITIVE PR it does get away with misbehaving. DAZ has always been a core Poser product provider and though no longer for Poser it is a primary 3D content creator. Their heads tend to swell a bit in that market share as has been proven again and again. You either grind your teeth and accept it or move on.
    Like many others Thankfully, I have moved on and saved a bundle of money since. Woohoo!!!!!!

19. wendyluvscatz

wendyluvscatz Inspired

well they are culling PA's that have not released new stuff left right and centre now, mostly the day after listing them in the PA sale, maybe a few will wander over here.

Mythocentric and quietrob like this.
  20. Stezza

Stezza Extraordinary

They haven't released a new Carrara in over four years but I bet they won't dump themselves :sneaky: