• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Official Announcement: DAZ terminates agreement to publish HiveWire 3D animals!

quietrob

Extraordinary
@daywalker03 I think you might be missing a few keys on your keyboard. I'm not sure quite certain what you are trying to say except that you don't like they way a certain forum's mods behave. Especially, in your opinion, in ways that either don't make sense or isn't fair to the poster or the group as a whole. Considering this thread's topic, I think it's okay if the subject digresses now and then.

my post was mainly about how products cannot be discussed which sort of ties in with what happened to poor Chris Creek.
It is a sell it, buy it and just shut the hell up environment over there,

Hornet3d

Wise
my post was mainly about how products cannot be discussed which sort of ties in with what happened to poor Chris Creek.
It is a sell it, buy it and just shut the hell up environment over there,

I can't comment on the discussions as I just don't visit the forum in question, this being the only forum I am really active in but I think any company that does not allow honest feedback is missing a trick. A lot of companies these days actively welcome it. Whenever I have a service done at a Honda dealership I have an email a few days later asking me to complete a survey about the service. Any order placed with the detailing company I use for car cleaning products asks me to do a feedback on trust pilot, the same for the group that run the cottages that we use when we go on vacation.

When feedback is removed people are often left with the feeling they either don't care or, worse still, have something to hide.

I agree it sort of ties in with the thread but even if it did not I have seen other threads drift a great deal further away from the original topic.

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
I can't comment on the discussions as I just don't visit the forum in question, this being the only forum I am really active in but I think any company that does not allow honest feedback is missing a trick. A lot of companies these days actively welcome it. Whenever I have a service done at a Honda dealership I have an email a few days later asking me to complete a survey about the service. Any order placed with the detailing company I use for car cleaning products asks me to do a feedback on trust pilot, the same for the group that run the cottages that we use when we go on vacation.

When feedback is removed people are often left with the feeling they either don't care or, worse still, have something to hide.

I agree it sort of ties in with the thread but even if it did not I have seen other threads drift a great deal further away from the original topic.

Comes down to need I guess.
When a company feels it is doing good enough it can do without good customer service, or tech support, or hey POSITIVE PR it does get away with misbehaving. DAZ has always been a core Poser product provider and though no longer for Poser it is a primary 3D content creator. Their heads tend to swell a bit in that market share as has been proven again and again. You either grind your teeth and accept it or move on.
Like many others Thankfully, I have moved on and saved a bundle of money since. Woohoo!!!!!!

Hornet3d

Wise
Comes down to need I guess.
When a company feels it is doing good enough it can do without good customer service, or tech support, or hey POSITIVE PR it does get away with misbehaving. DAZ has always been a core Poser product provider and though no longer for Poser it is a primary 3D content creator. Their heads tend to swell a bit in that market share as has been proven again and again. You either grind your teeth and accept it or move on.
Like many others Thankfully, I have moved on and saved a bundle of money since. Woohoo!!!!!!

I can't say their attitude upsets me much it is their company after all I just suggesting that burying your head in the sand often results in you getting bitten in the bum, no matter how big you think you are. Not only that but, while the may make good profits, they can hardly be maximising them when the put so many customers off. I have taken a middle road in the sense that I still shop there but only buy at sale prices and that is very rare as it is only Poser products at sale prices that I buy.

McG.

Enthusiast
I know this is over a year late, but daz made a mess dropping HW. From what I see, your basic animals today are better products. Unfortunately I invested so much into the Millennium Animals I simply can't afford to start over with new ones. I'm sad in saying that, but fixed income is tougher than I thought it'd be. Sorry!
I DO have lots of Kens birds, and I DID get into the reptiles here with Chris's Lizard. Gonna take me time is all. Oops! that IS his Lizard right?

Hornet3d

Wise
I know this is over a year late, but daz made a mess dropping HW. From what I see, your basic animals today are better products. Unfortunately I invested so much into the Millennium Animals I simply can't afford to start over with new ones. I'm sad in saying that, but fixed income is tougher than I thought it'd be. Sorry!
I DO have lots of Kens birds, and I DID get into the reptiles here with Chris's Lizard. Gonna take me time is all. Oops! that IS his Lizard right?

Not to knock Daz but the Hivewire animals are a big step forward which even Daz must have acknowledged at the time. The one plus of having a small team like Hivewire is that the introduction of new animals and other figures is not that rapid. They are also normally on sale when released this does give some on fixed income a chance to update but of course that depend on just how low the fixed income is. Hope you get a chance to update sometime in the near future and at a cost you can afford.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Keep an eye out, Harry Horse does go on sales occasionally, believe me he is well worth it. And there is a product in store that will help getting the other horses products to fit (tack etc, unfortunately not the textures or morphs).

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
I think I bought some of the awesome textures for Harry during this last Black Friday. Until then I only had the default ones. That's when I realized how many there are in the store, and they look great. I am not into horses, but I still wanted to grab some of them for the sake of variety. It was very worth it, and I ended up also getting the tack and saddle! ^___^