• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Official Announcement: DAZ terminates agreement to publish HiveWire 3D animals!

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
It is with deep disappointment and regret that we announce that our young publishing relationship with DAZ has come to an abrupt end.

Late in the afternoon last Thursday, we received an email from DAZ stating that they were ending our publishing relationship, and they wished us luck.

Rather than focus on the quality offering of our animal products, and what could be accomplished together, we were informed after my initial forum announcement, that DAZ was disappointed and saddened by what was stated. They also unfortunately chose to resurrect a handful of our past differences we've had between us over the years. We had hoped that we could have gotten past those concerns and moved forward for the betterment of all involved. We had hoped that publishing our animals with DAZ would open up a new audience to our quality brand and content.

We had put forth some significant efforts to begin to update our animal products, with updated materials, textures, re-rendering images, graphics, quality assurance testing, all before submitting products to the DAZ store. We updated, and submitted to DAZ, the House Cat, Kitten and Orange Tabby products in the first week of July and have since been working hard on updating all of our Horse products before uploading to Daz.

Lisa, myself, and the HiveWire team have always strived to be truthful, honest, and forthcoming with the sharing of information within our forums. We think people who have invested in us deserve that. It's my belief that because we didn't spew a stream of rainbows, cotton candy, and synthetic sunshine to you all in our publishing announcement, that this hurt us to the point of no return with the powers that be at DAZ.

We apologize here to all concerned. We have already apologized to our primary contacts at DAZ for the way they viewed our announcement, and tried to add clarity to our post to publish with them, and again convey our excitement to work with them. But to no avail.

To those of you that were looking forward to our HiveWire animals coming to DAZ, you have a very limited time frame to pick up the products we currently have at DAZ. We hope you'll make the decision to step over to our store and give us an honest try. We have many quality products to add to your content libraries. We are currently advancing efforts on our HiveWire Big Dog, as well as juggling other exciting products.

Now that the decision to end our publishing agreement was handed down to us from DAZ, we continue to move forward within our HiveWire store. All of our animals both current and future will be available here at home, and this will make many of you happy to see.

LisaB

HW3D Vice President & Queen Bee
Staff member
Co-Founder
As to timing and how long people have to pick up the HW3D Big Cat, Cub, Cougar and Black Panther while they are at Daz, we were given a 10 day termination notice which calculates out to midnight, August 6th, 2017. In keeping with Daz requirement to have products be exclusive to them, once the Big Cat, Cub, Cougar and Black Panther are removed from the Daz store we will reactivate them here in our store.

Edited 08-15-17

The Big Cat, Cub, Cougar and Black Panther have returned home and are once again available in our store. If you purchased these products at Daz and you wish to have them added to your HiveWire 3D account free of charge, please send a copy of your Daz invoice to sales@hivewire3d.com. Our friendly worker bees will assist you with getting the products added to your account.

Updates that were being made to our animal products before going to Daz are still being worked on and will be made available here as they are ready.

Last edited:

Dreamer

Dream Weaver Designs
Oh wow. So sorry to hear that this has fallen over guys. I know how much you were looking forward to this and all to could potentially of accomplished, all I can say is that they have shot them selves in the foot and turned their backs on the opportunity of having a stunning product line in their store.
Kia Kaha HiveWire, on wards and up wards :)

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
WTF? Really? What fool at DAZ got their panties in a wad over this? Sorry this just pisses me off. Some stupid red tape, left over hate, or just pissed off those on the forums are excited and open about how much they love the Hivewire animals. I'm seeing red right now. Screw them! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
WTF? Really? What fool at DAZ got their panties in a wad over this? Sorry this just pisses me off. Some stupid red tape, left over hate, or just pissed off those on the forums are excited and open about how much they love the Hivewire animals. I'm seeing red right now. Screw them! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I should probably save this for the CA forum, but I'm gonna say it anyway.

I do believe it is no coincidence that this happens at the same time that it becomes clear that Poser will continue in the 3D marketplace. They have just hired a Project Manager for Poser/Moho in the US who has visited the Poser forum and began a conversation about the next version of Poser.

Chris/Lisa if it's inappropriate move or delete - no need to explain.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Yeah, it's a major bummer, and so quick.
I think that's what's stunning me the most . . . that it was so quick!

Well, one good thing has come out of this, we have 39 (and counting) new members here on the forums in the short time since the Big Cat and Cub debuted at DAZ, so hopefully that won't stop, and we'll have folks coming here to HiveWire from now on to buy our first rate 3D animals. Let's just consider this was a "sneak peak" and "tease". Now they all know where to go to acquire them.

Last edited:

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Perhaps offer the newly updated animals at Renderosity too, they are easily as big as DAZ and don't have a stick up their asses. I've heard other things about how things are run at 'Rosity but can't be nearly as ruthless as DAZ. If I didn't have time and money invested over there I'd close my account. I'm so tired of this. It's like our politics in the USA, more divisive then ever before with the great orange one in charge. So tired all this crap! :cry:

Miss B

CV-BEE
. . . or just pissed off those on the forums are excited and open about how much they love the Hivewire animals.
That wouldn't surprise me at all Rich, though that thread left the first page in short order. It was unfortunate, because there were some really enthusiastic comments posted.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Well they still have the thread live at the DAZ forums so I just posted a not so nice but informative post. I'm sure their lackeys will take it down in due time, hope enough folks see it first.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Hang with us RAMWolff. We'll all work through this. I've been bummed all weekend, and was not looking forward to making this announcement.

You know when something bad happens in your life, and you don't sleep well, then you finally get to sleep, and when you wake up, you can't believe what has happened, and for a few seconds you wonder if it was just a dream? Well... that's what I've been going thru these past days and nights.

Dreamer

Dream Weaver Designs
Hang with us RAMWolff. We'll all work through this. I've been bummed all weekend, and was not looking forward to making this announcement.

You know when something bad happens in your life, and you don't sleep well, then you finally get to sleep, and when you wake up, you can't believe what has happened, and for a few seconds you wonder if it was just a dream? Well... that's what I've been going thru these past days and nights.
:grouphug:

Miss B

CV-BEE
Been there, done that a couple/three times during my life, so I know how you're feeling, and can empathize.