• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Official Announcement: DAZ terminates agreement to publish HiveWire 3D animals!

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Yeah, the presets that Saiyaness has created with LAMH are amazing! Folks like CWRW, Jeppe, and xmasrose have created some superb imagery. Showcasing the value of a solid base mesh, texture, and rig.
Yes, wish I could use LAMH with Poser, but if I'm not mistaken, it only works in DS.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
I don't know if we really need to summon old ghosts. It was an interesting time for sure. We all learned a lot!

You're right. I edited by post, and deleted the ghost.

Sorry, but you caught me before I could push his name back into the abyss.

AllenArt

Eager
I can tell you this, they have more then a handfull of PAs that do quite a bit of belly aching and complaining, and they still work with them. It has to do with the level of competition that we offer.

Right?

Sounds likely to me. Sad that they can't be more professional. I don't recall anything in your announcement that was hurtful. Urgh!

Laurie

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Well, not always ... there were quite a few good years there when it all began.

Once upon a time it WAS a wonderful place and I WAS so excited when I became a vendor there back in 2009, thanks to Ron Deviney. I met Lisa there and Chris and so many wonderful folks through the old Daz ArtZone back in 2006 and later - needless to say KenG was one and I owe him so much for him tempting me to HW back in 2013!

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
I can tell you this, they have more then a handfull of PAs that do quite a bit of belly aching and complaining, and they still work with them. It has to do with the level of competition that we offer.

Right?
Well it's not like Alex is working on woodland creatures, his current Fb page is all about making dinosaurs so.... he's like the ONLY ONE that's making anything like animals right now for DAZ that I know of. They are such poor sports about bringing the community back together. All they are doing now is alienating more people.

DanaTA

Distinguished
Sorry to hear about this, Chris and Lisa. I thought maybe there would be good feelings again in the 3D universe. I guess I was wrong. Wouldn't be the first time.

Well, no worries about competition from me, that's for sure. Can't believe they were so small about this. It seems a lot of folks liked your cats better than theirs. Perhaps that's a big part of this. Still, seems petty.

Dana

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Once upon a time it WAS a wonderful place and I WAS so excited when I became a vendor there back in 2009, thanks to Ron Deviney. I met Lisa there and Chris and so many wonderful folks through the old Daz ArtZone back in 2006 and later - needless to say KenG was one and I owe him so much for him tempting me to HW back in 2013!

Yes, we all thank Ken for his ability to tempt folks over to the light side. I mean...

the right side.

LisaB

HW3D Vice President & Queen Bee
Staff member
Co-Founder

I was excited to become a vendor there, too. I worked my butt off to make things good enough to be accepted for sale there. It was so worth the effort! Not to mention, as Laurie said, making connections with artists and teaming up and fun stuff.

AllenArt

Eager
Yea but Dana the Mil Cat is what... 10 years old now? It was time for new Cat and Dawg and all the rest.

I guess there's no time for animals when they're pushing out their newest big breasted wonder with obligatory scifi suit with a boob window and skimpy bikini ;).

Sorry, couldn't resist. I bought into the newest G version, but I REALLY want the gents to start coming out sooner. I just don't use the girls as much ;).

Anyway....lol.

Laurie

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Yes. I think that's absolutely correct.

Right?

I sympathize because I know you had a lot of hopes for how this would improve HiveWire's future. But, I suspect it had much less to do with what their stated reasons and far more with the realization it wasn't going to remain a secret HW3D was HiveWire 3D and that carrying the HiveWire animals would promote their competition more than they intended. More to the point ... once people got their hands on the HiveWire animals and realized their quality ... they just might also begin questioning what they believed about the HiveWire human figures.

Honestly, I think y'all were far more than fair to DAZ in responding to how so many of us felt about losing the HiveWire animals to DAZ. Far more than they deserve in my opinion. If they dropped the agreement because of our comments ... well shame on them. They are absolutely bonkers if they think any of us have forgotten how they treated us.

Now ... "The Mooch" deserved to be ditched after 10 days. I still find it rather hard to believe that anyone would behave in such an utterly unprofessional way. But for you guys to be ditched like that for such questionable reasons. Well, it really says a lot about DAZ.

LisaB

HW3D Vice President & Queen Bee
Staff member
Co-Founder
Yea but Dana the Mil Cat is what... 10 years old now? It was time for new Cat and Dawg and all the rest.

I was one of the artists who worked on textures for the MilDog, MilCat, MilHorse and I believe the Daz Big Cat 1. At the time it was so cool to actually have animals that weren't the default Poser ones. We were excited to be making the textures for a "Millennium Line ofAnimal Figures". I still have the psd files around here somewhere. Massive. Poser was just handling bump well at that point. Now we have displacement and normal and a slew of tools we didn't have then.

Exciting times!

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
I won't be surprised to see a big push sponsored by DAZ to get a new Dog and Cat out now. Probably already in the works. Who knows, maybe even a Horse.
I had an evil thought and I'm going to go ahead and say it.. I really hope they didn't use this as an opportunity to get a look at your Big Cat mesh to get ideas from it. That would be SO NOT COOL!

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
I had an evil thought and I'm going to go ahead and say it.. I really hope they didn't use this as an opportunity to get a look at your Big Cat mesh to get ideas from it. That would be SO NOT COOL!

Yeah, but they could have gotten there hands on it long ago. I just think they're focused on what they're good at and gives them the most return for their efforts.

I do think this whole thing going sour might give them the impetus to move ahead with some focus to compete in the animal arena in spite of us.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
OK.... just a thought. I really hate thinking they would go that low but in this "dog eat dog" world NOTHING surprises me any more.