• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Official Announcement: DAZ terminates agreement to publish HiveWire 3D animals!

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Now ... "The Mooch" deserved to be ditched after 10 days. I still find it rather hard to believe that anyone would behave in such an utterly unprofessional way. But for you guys to be ditched like that for such questionable reasons. Well, it really says a lot about DAZ.

Yes, but you see... from their side of it, I'm the unprofessional one. I'm the flawed one.

AllenArt

Eager
I've gotta go feed my felines and stuff, but I'm really sorry your deal fell thru :( It would have been nice for EVERYONE (including them!) if they'd had the snuff to keep to the agreement. What a shame. Oh well, you'll just get ALL the profits now :p

Laurie

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
Yeah, but they could have gotten there hands on it long ago. I just think they're focused on what they're good at and gives them the most return for their efforts.

I do think this whole thing going sour might give them the impetus to move ahead with some focus to compete in the animal arena in spite of us.

I don't know though, Chris....not sure you had time to notice, but there's a lot slipping by QA all of a sudden over there. I see the posts on the forum all the time.

Honestly, I feel like they have bare bonesed the staff so badly they can't do more than they are doing now. Without an experienced PA doing animals, they simply aren't going to get to the quality that Hivewire brings to the table. And, I think the agreement with you was an admission of that.

Unless they have managed to coax someone like SilverKey out of retirement or wherever they went. Their animals were at least useful. Not Hivewire quality, but useful.

Just the comparison between the HW big cat, and the horse with theirs shows that point. They simply cannot compete with HW quality.

Desertsilver

Busy Bee
This makes me so so sad. I was really loving seeing the excitement over there for the animals. It really does seem like a kick in the teeth.

Well, one good thing, I think the animals did get some new exposure that will generate some traffic over here.

It's hard to imagine they have any animals that will come out soon-it sounded like they were waiting for the Lamh guy- Alissandro? to make them. But he's just making rodents and such when everyone is clamoring for dogs, cats...everything but rodents : )

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Actually, if your on Facebook, DesertSilver, Alex is working on a feathered dino right now. I'm sure he has a back log of critters but maybe he and Ken complained to DAZ that their stuff was being pushed to the side so he got into a snit and worked on the dino. I don't have anything against Alex, he's a nice man but business is business and if he was feeling threatened and his relationship with DAZ is pretty long standing they perhaps bent for him and kicked the Hive in the teeth instead. Nasty business sometimes

Stezza

Dances with Bees
I'll just gather my nuts and wander over here....................

upload_2017-8-1_13-58-57.png

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
This makes me so so sad. I was really loving seeing the excitement over there for the animals. It really does seem like a kick in the teeth.

Well, one good thing, I think the animals did get some new exposure that will generate some traffic over here.

It's hard to imagine they have any animals that will come out soon-it sounded like they were waiting for the Lamh guy- Alissandro? to make them. But he's just making rodents and such when everyone is clamoring for dogs, cats...everything but rodents : )

Paul is progressing nicely with the rigging of our HiveWire Big Dog. I'm certain he'll share some screen grabs when he is a bit further along.

Desertsilver

Busy Bee
There are some odd things buried in the LAMH thread from his partner claiming he is the best animal modeler and such- (when someone had brought up the Hive animals) that make me think you are right on target.

I also can't help wondering if they were seeing the Lamh presets done by one of their best PA s and got worried . What if she made some skins for Dawn?? Oh Nooos!!

Actually, if your on Facebook, DesertSilver, Alex is working on a feathered dino right now. I'm sure he has a back log of critters but maybe he and Ken complained to DAZ that their stuff was being pushed to the side so he got into a snit and worked on the dino. I don't have anything against Alex, he's a nice man but business is business and if he was feeling threatened and his relationship with DAZ is pretty long standing they perhaps bent for him and kicked the Hive in the teeth instead. Nasty business sometimes

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Unless they have managed to coax someone like SilverKey out of retirement or wherever they went. Their animals were at least useful. Not Hivewire quality, but useful.
WOW, now there's a name out of the past.

Just the comparison between the HW big cat, and the horse with theirs shows that point. They simply cannot compete with HW quality.
You know Traci, I have their Safari Animals pack, and I just went and looked at the Panthers from that pack, and boy what a huuuuuge difference between them and the HW Big Cat. Then again, I bought the Safari Animals back in 2004, so not really surprising.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
There are some odd things buried in the LAMH thread from his partner claiming he is the best animal modeler and such- (when someone had brought up the Hive animals) that make me think you are right on target.

I also can't help wondering if they were seeing the Lamh presets done by one of their best PA s and got worried . What if she made some skins for Dawn?? Oh Nooos!!

YUP, you obviously saw Kenneth's comments as well then. Ken is like the stern school marm and Alex is the brilliant creator! lol

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
WOW, now there's a name out of the past.
You know Traci, I have their Safari Animals pack, and I just went and looked at the Panthers from that pack, and boy what a huuuuuge difference between them and the HW Big Cat. Then again, I bought the Safari Animals back in 2004, so not really surprising.

Yeah, but for THAT period in 3D development, those animals were good quality. No, they don't compare to today, but back then.......

Compare those animals to the DAZ Cat, etc. and my point is made for me. The Silverkey animals were superior by a lot.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Yeah, but for THAT period in 3D development, those animals were good quality. No, they don't compare to today, but back then.......

Compare those animals to the DAZ Cat, etc. and my point is made for me. The Silverkey animals were superior by a lot.
True, that was a very long time ago, but you have to wonder why they haven't done updates on those animals, or at least some of them, over the past 13 years.