1. We are upgrading to a 2.0 version of our forum as this 1.5 version is no longer supported. Please look at your bookmarks if you have them and note them in a text document as the import process for bookmarks may not work correctly. We will have bookmarks in the 2.0 version so you will be able to recreate whatever may be lost in the upgrade. Everything else appears to have come across fine in our initial tests. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Official Announcement: DAZ terminates agreement to publish HiveWire 3D animals!

Discussion in 'The Meadow' started by Chris, Jul 31, 2017.

1. Mythocentric

Mythocentric Extraordinary

Always fun with the little one in tow Hornet and it starts with the trains. She'd never travelled on one before they moved to the UK and they fascinate her. She loves all the bright colours and the speed and is always proud when we let her hand over the tickets for clipping. All I have to do is remember to padlock my wallet before she finds out how many toyshops there are in Preston centre! At least the albums are bought and paid for. All I have to do is pick them up. :snoopydance:

Hornet3d likes this.
  2. Dragonsegg

Dragonsegg Eager

I knew gift cards didn't work outside the US if you purchased them here but surprised a debit card also doesn't work between countries. It must be bank dependent. I know the gift card thing is so they can trace you if you are a terrorist supporter type so U.S. homeland security has to get there little hand in to restrict trade but you are UK aren't you Mythocentric? o_O

3. Mythocentric

I am indeed Dragonsegg! I must admit that a company which has branches all over the world should impose such petty restrictions, especially as a business which depends on making profits is rather strange. The card I use which is valid all over the world and which I've used in a lot of Europe, Canada and the US (frequently) both online and in person is issued by the most well-regarded international company and apart from Amazon US, I've never had any problems whatsoever. Still, no worries. As a result of it I've discovered a company which has over 30 million mp3 albums (HMV) who also accept Paypal, my preferred online payment method. Problem solved!

Absolutely not a terrorist either. In fact I think our Lucy is more dangerous than me and she's only five years old! :eek:

Hornet3d, Terre and quietrob like this.
  4. Leana

Leana Enthusiast

Now _that_ would be something! ;)
    Add me to the list of fans for Sir Pterry, Asimov, LOTR and Dresden files. Among many others... ;)

quietrob and Mythocentric like this.
  5. wendyluvscatz

wendyluvscatz Inspired

I sort of felt the same way about the later Pern books, I enjoyed them as fantasy and the "science Fiction" element sort of dated them too.

6. xyer0

xyer0 Admirable

Had a recent Daztopian experience where someone commented that they had returned a product (which had previously been pulled from the store a day after release and put back in a fortnight later). When asked why, that someone said they would not discuss it, for if they talked about it, their post would probably be removed. Within an hour, their post was removed. So, you cannot even refer to the policy/non-policy.

7. Satira Capriccio

Satira Capriccio Distinguished CV-BEE Contributing Artist

HiveWire really is the nicest (and most forgiving) forum I've found.

pommerlis, Hornet3d, Miss B and 3 others like this.
  8. quietrob

quietrob Extraordinary

That sound scary! You might want to look over your shoulder as you comment.

By the way, I did go there recently to get some help making Poser Companion Files (PCF). The one person that helped was actually very cool.

9. Terre

Terre Distinguished

There are a number of very nice people there.

Rae134 likes this.
  10. xyer0

xyer0 Admirable

Yes, there are very many nice people there.

11. wendyluvscatz

wendyluvscatz Inspired

a forum where you cannot point out issues with the store's products is in my opinion rather useless one
    if I have problems with anything I go to that product's site and forums for answers be it Skype, Microsoft updates, my music software etc
    yet one can get modded on a certain forum even for pointing out a copyright breach on a texture which in my case I would not have known of if I had not seen the later removed post.

12. quietrob

quietrob Extraordinary

Wendy. I hear you. It may indeed be a case of anything posted that is offensive to DAZ gets pulled. The very name of this thread is about DAZ reading negative comments from this forum and they terminated the deal before they could see whether it would be lucrative. That means to DAZ it's personal, not business. That said, they do have a lot of forums and they do have some nice, decent and smart folks over there.

Some folks...apparently some powerful folks near the top...perhaps not so much. Did you try contacting them in private? Perhaps they didn't like being embarrassed in public.

13. Bonnie2001

Bonnie2001 Extraordinary

They must be thin-skinned and probably aren't lovers of Facebook or other social media. Everything gets posted and tagged in those places, and can't be hidden. Unlike forums, where posts can be deleted and binned.

quietrob likes this.
  14. Terre

Terre Distinguished

The frustrating thing for many people is that you used to be able to discuss product quality in the forums. As long as you were polite you could ask questions or make comments including constructive criticism. This changed when D/S4 came out. Since then all people have been allowed to do is praise Daz and the vendors.

quietrob likes this.
  15. Dawn

Dawn Engaged Contributing Artist

I'm in/from the UK and I am one of the vast number of people saying "Who?" I immediately thought of Benedict Cumberbum :p

I agree, I don't think I learned anything about American History in school and we had an American History teacher. I don't even remember the 20th-century British history from lessons, but then again I didn't take it as an option and only did it for a couple of years for an hour a week.

Mythocentric likes this.
  16. Hornet3d

Hornet3d Distinguished

Talking of support and returning things this is a conversation that was relayed to me recently. I will say before I get hounded, that the quote contained in the call is falsely attributed I believe, but I still think this is worth sharing.

Caller, complaining about a new tablet that has been giving him problems and it now calling tech support for the third time and has been, so say, transferred to the head tech.

Tech - So you say that the tablet is slow and keeps freezing.

Customer - Yes it has ever since I purchased it a few days ago.

Tech - OK what I need you to do is a cold restart.

Customer- I have already done that three times and it does not make any different.

Tech - It might this time

Customer - I am doubtful after all Einstein's definition of insanity is constantly doing the same thing and expecting a different out come, yet this is all you ever advise me to do.

Tech - Excuse me a moment - music on hold.

Some minutes later

Tech - I am sorry I have checked your records and we have no record of you speaking to anyone called Einstein.

Customer - No I did not speak to him personally. Look the point is I think this tablet is a Friday afternoon job, and not a quality product, I need it replaced.

Tech - We have no way of knowing which day of the week and tablet is made.

At this point the customer asked to be transferred to a manager and ultimately had the tablet changed.

pommerlis, mininessie, CWRW and 4 others like this.
  17. Mythocentric

YARROO! Just spotted the Hivewire Cats (large and small) on Rendo's head banner on their Homepage. Congratulations Hivewire! Looking forward to welcoming (hopefully!) some new people to the forum and a great future for all! :snoopydances::snoopydances:

pommerlis, Rae134, mininessie and 2 others like this.
  18. Mythocentric

Forgot to mention there's a terrific interview to accompany the announcement! Go read! :applause::balloon01:

pommerlis likes this.
  19. CWRW

CWRW Extraordinary HW3D Exclusive Artist

Yep it is now official! HiveWire3D's Animal Release & Sale! on Renderosity.com

This link also has a good interview with HW talking about our new partnership with Rendo.

We are all excited about this! Again just to repeat all the HW Animals will also be available here at home at the Hive. This is a non-exclusive deal.

Tempesta3d, James R., Rae134 and 4 others like this.
  20. CWRW

CWRW Extraordinary HW3D Exclusive Artist

LOL Mythocentric- I think we were typing at the same time:)

Mythocentric likes this.