• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Official Announcement: DAZ terminates agreement to publish HiveWire 3D animals!

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
Always fun with the little one in tow Hornet and it starts with the trains. She'd never travelled on one before they moved to the UK and they fascinate her. She loves all the bright colours and the speed and is always proud when we let her hand over the tickets for clipping. All I have to do is remember to padlock my wallet before she finds out how many toyshops there are in Preston centre! At least the albums are bought and paid for. All I have to do is pick them up. :snoopydance:

I knew gift cards didn't work outside the US if you purchased them here but surprised a debit card also doesn't work between countries. It must be bank dependent. I know the gift card thing is so they can trace you if you are a terrorist supporter type so U.S. homeland security has to get there little hand in to restrict trade but you are UK aren't you Mythocentric? o_O

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
I am indeed Dragonsegg! I must admit that a company which has branches all over the world should impose such petty restrictions, especially as a business which depends on making profits is rather strange. The card I use which is valid all over the world and which I've used in a lot of Europe, Canada and the US (frequently) both online and in person is issued by the most well-regarded international company and apart from Amazon US, I've never had any problems whatsoever. Still, no worries. As a result of it I've discovered a company which has over 30 million mp3 albums (HMV) who also accept Paypal, my preferred online payment method. Problem solved!

Absolutely not a terrorist either. In fact I think our Lucy is more dangerous than me and she's only five years old! :eek:

I sort of felt the same way about the later Pern books, I enjoyed them as fantasy and the "science Fiction" element sort of dated them too.

xyer0

Brilliant
Had a recent Daztopian experience where someone commented that they had returned a product (which had previously been pulled from the store a day after release and put back in a fortnight later). When asked why, that someone said they would not discuss it, for if they talked about it, their post would probably be removed. Within an hour, their post was removed. So, you cannot even refer to the policy/non-policy.

quietrob

Extraordinary
Had a recent Daztopian experience where someone commented that they had returned a product (which had previously been pulled from the store a day after release and put back in a fortnight later). When asked why, that someone said they would not discuss it, for if they talked about it, their post would probably be removed. Within an hour, their post was removed. So, you cannot even refer to the policy/non-policy.

That sound scary! You might want to look over your shoulder as you comment.

By the way, I did go there recently to get some help making Poser Companion Files (PCF). The one person that helped was actually very cool.

a forum where you cannot point out issues with the store's products is in my opinion rather useless one
if I have problems with anything I go to that product's site and forums for answers be it Skype, Microsoft updates, my music software etc
yet one can get modded on a certain forum even for pointing out a copyright breach on a texture which in my case I would not have known of if I had not seen the later removed post.

quietrob

Extraordinary
Wendy. I hear you. It may indeed be a case of anything posted that is offensive to DAZ gets pulled. The very name of this thread is about DAZ reading negative comments from this forum and they terminated the deal before they could see whether it would be lucrative. That means to DAZ it's personal, not business. That said, they do have a lot of forums and they do have some nice, decent and smart folks over there.

Some folks...apparently some powerful folks near the top...perhaps not so much. Did you try contacting them in private? Perhaps they didn't like being embarrassed in public.

Bonnie2001

Extraordinary
Perhaps they didn't like being embarrassed in public.

They must be thin-skinned and probably aren't lovers of Facebook or other social media. Everything gets posted and tagged in those places, and can't be hidden. Unlike forums, where posts can be deleted and binned.

Terre

Renowned
Wendy. I hear you. It may indeed be a case of anything posted that is offensive to DAZ gets pulled. The very name of this thread is about DAZ reading negative comments from this forum and they terminated the deal before they could see whether it would be lucrative. That means to DAZ it's personal, not business. That said, they do have a lot of forums and they do have some nice, decent and smart folks over there.

Some folks...apparently some powerful folks near the top...perhaps not so much. Did you try contacting them in private? Perhaps they didn't like being embarrassed in public.
The frustrating thing for many people is that you used to be able to discuss product quality in the forums. As long as you were polite you could ask questions or make comments including constructive criticism. This changed when D/S4 came out. Since then all people have been allowed to do is praise Daz and the vendors.

Dawn

Engaged
Contributing Artist
Coming from the UK it think the likely response from as vast number of people would be "Who is Benedict Arnold" but in their defense, I would say that the teaching of American History is very patchy. In my school years, which is now way back in history as well, it was hardly covered at all and the UK history was from books which I later learned had a very selective view of our history. I am not sure what is taught these days, I will have to ask my nieces, but I believe there is more coverage on the two world wars now than in my day.

I'm in/from the UK and I am one of the vast number of people saying "Who?" I immediately thought of Benedict Cumberbum :p

I agree, I don't think I learned anything about American History in school and we had an American History teacher. I don't even remember the 20th-century British history from lessons, but then again I didn't take it as an option and only did it for a couple of years for an hour a week.

Hornet3d

Wise
Talking of support and returning things this is a conversation that was relayed to me recently. I will say before I get hounded, that the quote contained in the call is falsely attributed I believe, but I still think this is worth sharing.

Caller, complaining about a new tablet that has been giving him problems and it now calling tech support for the third time and has been, so say, transferred to the head tech.

Tech - So you say that the tablet is slow and keeps freezing.

Customer - Yes it has ever since I purchased it a few days ago.

Tech - OK what I need you to do is a cold restart.

Customer- I have already done that three times and it does not make any different.

Tech - It might this time

Customer - I am doubtful after all Einstein's definition of insanity is constantly doing the same thing and expecting a different out come, yet this is all you ever advise me to do.

Tech - Excuse me a moment - music on hold.

Some minutes later

Tech - I am sorry I have checked your records and we have no record of you speaking to anyone called Einstein.

Customer - No I did not speak to him personally. Look the point is I think this tablet is a Friday afternoon job, and not a quality product, I need it replaced.

Tech - We have no way of knowing which day of the week and tablet is made.

At this point the customer asked to be transferred to a manager and ultimately had the tablet changed.