• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Official Announcement: DAZ terminates agreement to publish HiveWire 3D animals!

icedragonart

Admirable
Wow I finally got caught up. I skipped the pie talk though because quite frankly, I don't need the temptation and it wayyy too late to be baking a pie with work in the morning lol.

I do want to say that I've come to realize that a lot of the miscommunication that happens in forums is a direct result of it being the written word, with no accompanying gestures , tone of voice, or facial expressions. Especially when having a brisk debate or discussion, I know I have a tendency to read statements one way when then poster may have meant it in another (and yes, I realize that some posts, there is no doubt what was expressed, I'm not really talking about those) especially if I feel passionately about one side or the other. I try very hard when I realize I am starting to get really irate to stop and ask myself, how much of this is me reading something into it that's not intended just because I am angry, hurt or frustrated? (and I freely admit I am not always successful either lol) I have a policy of trying to assume the best (unless its blatantly obvious that someone is really just being nasty).

I freely admit that I love Daz Studio, I love the program, I love the friends that I have made there, and I love a lot of the PA's over there and truly admire their work. That doesn't mean that I don't or can't make friends in other forums or purchase stuff from other places. I do all the time. I love the fact that I CAN which is why I was really disappointed that this didn't work. It isn't going to stop me from purchasing from Daz and it certainly isn't going to stop me from purchasing here or anywhere else. My choice to purchase at other places takes absolutely nothing away from what I spend at Daz, and my choice to shop at Daz takes nothing away from what I spend elsewhere. I have Poser and I have every intention of learning to use that as well. I struggle with it because for me, Daz is more intuitive. But, in the end, they are all tools that allow me to do far more with my art than I ever thought possible. I'm sad that there is much dissension, when we all really want the same thing. I understand that people have different experiences and I totally respect their right to not like one or the other. I am glad to see that its worked itself out here. I hope that people will remember that sometimes, what we see and hear in our heads when reading other peoples post can be highly subjective without the supporting body language and inflection and just take a moment to ask yourself if what you think you read is what the poster intended.

theschell

Brilliant
The tutorial includes a list of what will and what won't work in DS from Poser... weight maps unfortunately don't transfer between the two... having said that there is still a huge range of things that will work from Poser to DS without major head-aches...

Jakiblue

Thanks Lisa! :inlove:
I'd have to wait till the 22nd tho, but that's ok! The animals are home and aren't going anywhere so I can wait for another time! :D
Homecoming Sale ends midnight on the 14th. :) Do we need to extend it past the 15th for people's pay periods? We can do that. Let me know?

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Welcoming all that are first timers or those that have been holding back (lurking) and have finally come out of the closet. Oh dear... that darned closet! lmao Anyways, I love all the posts here, mostly all positive and all saying similar things... we are glad to have our kitties back home, things will be OK and DAZ (on the admin side of things) can be a total putz about stuff and this was a shining example.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Hello everyone
I have been reading all the way this "start to end" journey, even I did not comment till now.
In my personal oppinion, to mix HW with Daz is like to mix water and oil. From the very start, both companies are too different and too far away in the way they are handled and... specially... loved.
I was wondering if this could last, and in my deep I wished it could because is a huge customers base and a very large organization... but not surprised me to know about this news.
I wish the best to HW and all the beautifull people that works here and "are" HW. I personally want to buy right now all the cat's line and I really prefer to buy them here.
So, with a big hug I cover you all and going fast to look for my kitten, my cat and so on... bought at home :)

Fabi

I failed to mention earlier Fabi, that you've said some very kind things here about HiveWire and those of us involved. Much appreciated.

Others here have also voiced strong support of us, and we deeply appreciate all of it.

Found Fabi's new line. :p

This is purr-fectly adorable. :bee:

D

Deleted member 325

A copy of DS found it's way onto my hard drives once. I did not fully realize what it was at first - but my wise old friend, the gray wanderer, sent me to a friend deep in the silicon valley. He took the DVD media and cast it into the fire. I thought, "Are you nuts" but when he pulled it out with tongs, there on it's surface, in fiery orange letters that were not there before, was strange wording. He said it was the language of Digital art Zone, and translated it... "One software to rule them all, one software to find them, one software to bring them all together and in the darkness bind them." It could only be destroyed by casting it into the fires of the microwave oven in the daz3D executive break room. So we set out upon a quest...

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
I'm sorry to hear the news, but this is exactly what happened to me.

DAZ said they wanted to sell all my products, we signed an agreement, and then they cancelled the agreement because of "negative comments" that they claimed I made. They didn't say what comments I made, where they saw the comments, or what made them so upset that they cancelled the agreement.
But most of all, they never offered to talk to me about these "comments" and resolve any issues like adults so we could both continue to make money. If we assume that DAZ keeps 50% of the product sale, then if I was making thousands of dollars in sales then DAZ is also making thousands of dollars in sales. Yet they're willing to cut off that income and terminate a signed agreement rather than talk things over.

And this may sound like a conspiracy theory, but I also wonder if there's some jealously from the top-selling PA's. After I made my agreement with DAZ, I quickly had 400 products listed on their site, making me the second-largest PA after RDNA. I don't think a lot of top PA's didn't like the fact that I suddenly jumped from 0 products to 400, especially when a lot of my products were older or were meant for use in Poser, Studio Max, or Vue. But the PA's shouldn't blame me since DAZ should have chosen not to upload those products.
So I think there's a similar situation here. Suddenly, Hivewire has a lot of products and they're taking attention away from the usual top PA's. And there's probably some truth to the idea that Hivewire's animals are better than the DAZ animals, which is probably why DAZ wanted to sell the products in the first place. But again, this creates jealously from the DAZ PA's who worked on those animals.

And like I said before, it seems like DAZ would rather terminate an agreement than discuss the issues.

Seems that rather than being jealous a PA with any sense would get off his/her high horse, take their index typing fingers out of their noses and mousing thumbs out of their arrogant arses and just improve their products to prove their work better. Don't know not being a content creator but just some stupid product user, that's my opinion and Iam sticking to it. :p

Jakiblue

Interesting! AM just released an iray catalyzer for the LAMH furs. It automatically prepares the furs for iray. I know my comp sometimes hates LAMH in iray - one will render, another will crash. LOL. Hopefully this might help that! It may be of use to those of us wanting to use Saiyaness's presets for the HW cat!

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
Thank you for all of the support, folks. It means a lot to us that you are all as passionate as we are. :grouphug:

Please remember that as much as you may disagree with someone, from their perspective, they are doing exactly the right thing. It may be because they know no other way or haven't yet seen alternative ways to "agree to disagree" and still move forward, or any number of reasons. The point is they feel justified in their decision. Still, it's important to remember that there are humans on the other side of this, too, who are no less deserving of kindness and compassion no matter how angry or frustrated we may become with their actions. When we can all be big enough to truly strive to see and understand from an opposing point of view there is no limit to what might be accomplished together, even if we "agree to disagree".
Also, an important thought to keep in mind when life ruffles our delicate feathers, a point brought painfully home she. I lost 3 family members several years ago and still have not completely gotten over, life is short and when it ends we leave EVERYTHING BEHIND! Not as if any of this stuff will be heirloom quality that will be handed down and cherished by future family members. It will be set aside, discarded, erased and forgotten not long after we are all gone..
Deal with the disappointment and frustration and whatever pain it causes every one of us in our own way take a deep breath and move on. None of it as important as the power we grant it.

quietrob

Extraordinary
A copy of DS found it's way onto my hard drives once. I did not fully realize what it was at first - but my wise old friend, the gray wanderer, sent me to a friend deep in the silicon valley. He took the DVD media and cast it into the fire. I thought, "Are you nuts" but when he pulled it out with tongs, there on it's surface, in fiery orange letters that were not there before, was strange wording. He said it was the language of Digital art Zone, and translated it... "One software to rule them all, one software to find them, one software to bring them all together and in the darkness bind them." It could only be destroyed by casting it into the fires of the microwave oven in the daz3D executive break room. So we set out upon a quest...

Perhaps the best post of the day!! :snoopydance:

quietrob

Extraordinary
Hello everyone
I have been reading all the way this "start to end" journey, even I did not comment till now.
In my personal oppinion, to mix HW with Daz is like to mix water and oil. From the very start, both companies are too different and too far away in the way they are handled and... specially... loved.
I was wondering if this could last, and in my deep I wished it could because is a huge customers base and a very large organization... but not surprised me to know about this news.
I wish the best to HW and all the beautifull people that works here and "are" HW. I personally want to buy right now all the cat's line and I really prefer to buy them here.
So, with a big hug I cover you all and going fast to look for my kitten, my cat and so on... bought at home :)

Fabi
Fabi is the best. Just the best! Thank you for all of your work, Fabiana!

Leana

Enthusiast
Homecoming Sale ends midnight on the 14th. :) Do we need to extend it past the 15th for people's pay periods? We can do that. Let me know?
Did the Big Cat product numbers change? I bought the Big Cat on release but it doesn't show as purchased in the store, even though I have the order and download files in my account.... :unsure: