• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Official Announcement: DAZ terminates agreement to publish HiveWire 3D animals!

theschell

Brilliant
Long time DS and Poser user and member of the 3D community, first time poster and new member here in these forums. Just wanted to say I'm sorry to hear they did this to you. They did the same thing to VP not long ago, I'm a vendor over there and had some rough idea of how things went. I love DS (been using it since version 1.2), Hexagon, and a number of other things DAZ has brought us over the years, what I don't love is the way DAZ as a company has treated many of its long-time supporters like myself... but that has naught one to do with Hivewire or anyone running it here.

I do think it's a shame that DAZ's vendors get lumped in with DAZ as a corporate being when people get mad about DAZ's decisions. The vendors don't have any more say in policy there than members do and aren't to blame for bad decisions made at the management level. Truth be told, I support all content creators everywhere from worst to best, cause we work long hours, and most of us don't make enough to live on with this as a source of income, brokerages like DAZ make far more income than the average vendor ever will from the work we do... some are just more fair about it than others.

I could list a very long list of my gripes with DAZ, but I won't because this isn't the place for it, and believe me I have a massive list of gripes just like many others do. The place those grips should be raised is on DAZ's site in DAZ's forums... Sadly DAZ doesn't seem to want to hear any of it, and so the gripes we all have get brought up in forums like these instead of being dealt with where (and with whom) they should. I think personally that it's a shame that DAZ has become what it has. It was a much different, much more opened and accepting place, when I first joined up years ago...

To those of you here at Hivewire I wish the best and hope that your community here stays a better community than the one you were forced out of when you left DAZ and I am sorry that you had to leave a company that some of you helped create in the first place. It can't be easy seeing some of the anger you see over what your creation has become...

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I know. 40 is rather young isn't it? Oh to be 40 again!

October, I turn 65! I'm sure that cannot be true!

I think the worst part of it though is for months I have been getting all this mail regarding medicaid. As if I'm going to buy insurance from anyone who sends me unsolicited mail.

Besides, I'm covered through work. We have more than the 20 or 40 employees, so there is no reason for me to pay for Part B at this time. I'm exempt.

Hornet3d

Wise
I started wondering last night / early this morning, why it is so difficult to let go slights. (Though sometimes, those slights really aren't so slight). I've been divorced 24 years. And I still somehow get drawn into bringing up stuff that led to my divorce. As if ... any of that stuff has anything to do with my life now.

Obviously, it's human nature to hold onto things like that. Probably some sort of survival thing. After all, if someone betrayed you back when we were living in caves and what not, it was kind of a matter of life and death. Not like now when a spouse repeatedly leaves the toilet seat up so you fall in when you sit. Worst that will happen is you get wet. Though, I suppose that could be rather risky too what with all those germs merrily skating around the porcelain.

Then ... there was the time I got carded on Nantucket Island when I was 40. OMG! What was that about?!? There is no way on earth I looked too young to be able to drink. But, the waiter heard me mention to the others in my group that I'd not brought my driver's license. Nantucket gets a rather large population of college age kids (many from Ireland, many from the US) who work in various service jobs during the summer. The ones from the US tend to be rather arrogant and pretentious. Oh, he most definitely had that attitude. Honestly, I really wasn't interested in drinking. I rarely do. Even when others in my group are drinking ... which was the case here. But it was his attitude, rudeness, and joy in denying me. Whatever. But ... obviously, it still burns me. Even though he's an old man in his 40s now. With luck ... still waiting on tables even. Um ... sorry about that! I hope he's had a long and successful life! (waiting tables for ungrateful and low tipping customers.)

One wouldn't think that second event would have the emotional impact of a breakdown in a relationship. But maybe it also is a betrayal of trust. Certainly not on the level of a spouse making little digs at you for years over sensitive things you'd shared, or ignoring your needs, or going a week without speaking to you to prove a point. Communication wasn't easy for me ... especially in a confrontational situation. But we all depend on each other treating each other with respect, if not kindness. When it doesn't happen, even over something as insignificant as being carded as an almost geriatric adult, well, you lose a little bit of your trust in people.

It's a lot of work for some of us to trust others. It doesn't come easily ... especially if you experienced trauma as a way too young child. More so if parents assumed you'd forget about that trauma ... as adults believed would be the case with young children.

Romantic relationships, friendships, business relationships, even that relationship between two people meeting once and never again. They all seem to be treated the same by our brains. I think it's even more basic than that Us vs Them tribal survival group thing. Which also causes no end of problems for us.

Some part of us seems to believe we need to hold that slight / hurt / lost of trust close to us and relive it each time something reminds us of it. If we don't hold on to it, and relive it in full detail each time something brushes against the memory ... will it happen again?

Far too many years ago (ok. So like 24ish years ago), I realized once you've lost significant trust in someone, it's over. Every little wrong piles up ... each one building on the previous. And then one day, the weight of all those slights, all those hurts, all those little trust hits becomes just too much. The scale tips. And it's irretrievably broken.

Obviously, it IS possible to let go. But I think it's harder in situations where you're constantly exposed to the other in ways that remind you of those negative events from the past. Especially, if the other is successful, and perhaps even profiting from the behavior that hurt you.

You know ... like guys with orange hair :D

I think one reason it is difficult to let go is the fact that instinctively we want to be able to trust and when any trust is broken it stays with us. Trust is hard to win and easy to lose and when it is lost, for whatever reasons, you feel betrayed. You can even feel angry at yourself for putting yourself in a position where you believe you are made look a fool even if others do not perceive you to be so. The reason for the breach of trust may be small but the the loss of trust is the big part.

Long time DS and Poser user and member of the 3D community, first time poster and new member here in these forums. Just wanted to say I'm sorry to hear they did this to you. They did the same thing to VP not long ago, I'm a vendor over there and had some rough idea of how things went. I love DS (been using it since version 1.2), Hexagon, and a number of other things DAZ has brought us over the years, what I don't love is the way DAZ as a company has treated many of its long-time supporters like myself... but that has naught one to do with Hivewire or anyone running it here.

I do think it's a shame that DAZ's vendors get lumped in with DAZ as a corporate being when people get mad about DAZ's decisions. The vendors don't have any more say in policy there than members do and aren't to blame for bad decisions made at the management level. Truth be told, I support all content creators everywhere from worst to best, cause we work long hours, and most of us don't make enough to live on with this as a source of income, brokerages like DAZ make far more income than the average vendor ever will from the work we do... some are just more fair about it than others.

I could list a very long list of my gripes with DAZ, but I won't because this isn't the place for it, and believe me I have a massive list of gripes just like many others do. The place those grips should be raised is on DAZ's site in DAZ's forums... Sadly DAZ doesn't seem to want to hear any of it, and so the gripes we all have get brought up in forums like these instead of being dealt with where (and with whom) they should. I think personally that it's a shame that DAZ has become what it has. It was a much different, much more opened and accepting place, when I first joined up years ago...

To those of you here at Hivewire I wish the best and hope that your community here stays a better community than the one you were forced out of when you left DAZ and I am sorry that you had to leave a company that some of you helped create in the first place. It can't be easy seeing some of the anger you see over what your creation has become...

I still hang out over there, but I've dropped the idea of brokering there after this incident. I find I'm liking Dawn almost as much as the Genesis family of figures.

Digitell

Enthusiast
Dawn is beautiful and Dusk is most handsome of all. To be forever young as they are would be a true blessing indeed! Satira..40..oh yes to be 40 again and know what I know now..would truly be a blessing!!! If only we were born with knowledge of our elders we could then lead such a productive life!

theschell

Brilliant
I had stopped frequenting the DAZ forums after they booted 3rd party content creators with the claim that we were costing them traffic and sales. Given that DAZ is a brokerage (which makes most of their products 3rd party content by definition), and given that 3rd party content provided by the community was a large part of what made the company reach where it has, it was kind of a kick in the teeth to their supporters. I'd started back in the forums there after a lengthy absence in hopes that things might have improved, but in my personal opinion things are even worse there now than when I left. With that in mind I recently asked them to delete my account as I no longer want my membership with them. I just can't support DAZ as a company despite the amazing artists they carry as a brokerage, I can't support them by giving money to fill DAZ's pockets when I feel I can't trust the company I'm giving that money to. Personally I think we are all better off as a community and as artists if all of us are co-operating and working together, and that means sites co-operating, content creators, and customers as well...

Those here who have pointed out the damage broken trust can cause are correct and that's what DAZ as a company has left me feeling... like many others... betrayed.

Last edited:

Stezza

Dances with Bees
Love your work Schell

When you going to do a Vultee Vengeance? Been looking for years for one... scarce as emus.

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Llynara, Ladyelf, theshell & JDStrider - Welcome to the Hive (or at least to posting ;)).

Hope you'll all continue to hang around and participate in our community!

I do think it's a shame that DAZ's vendors get lumped in with DAZ as a corporate being when people get mad about DAZ's decisions. The vendors don't have any more say in policy there than members do and aren't to blame for bad decisions made at the management level.

Indeed! And after all, that's what WE were, for a brief time...DAZ vendors ;). So we sure don't have a problem with DAZ vendors.

Hornet3d

Wise

Welcome to the forum.

I have nothing but admiration for someone that can use both DS and Poser, I only use Poser but I don't dislike DS but I know I do not have the patience to learn another new piece of software that does many of the things I can already do in Poser. I used Hexagon for quite a while even though I am not good with modelling but it crashed a little to often on my machine at the time, which could well have been my machine. After a while it appeared to me to be unloved and, like Carrara, I stopped using it. These days I tend to use Silo for what little modelling I do.

I agree with you that is a real shame that the Daz vendors get dragged into this and any loss of sales to them has a bigger impact than the company itself. I have stopped buying in another marketplace, not Daz in this case, but I still feel uneasy at not being able to support the vendors there who had nothing to do with the reason I stopped buying. Not being good a modelling myself they are another group I admire and the amount they get for all their hard work hardly seems fair, so any drop in sales just really adds insult to injury.

I do see some of the anger directed at Daz and I do wish it was not the case despite the fact I understand a lot of it. Daz was what got me started in this as a hobby and I have fond memories of what it was and, despite the change, I would hate to see it fail. Hivewire reminds me very much of the old Daz and I don't think you have to look too far to see why that is the case.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I don't lump the DAZ PAs in with DAZ. I have my favorites over there. They just don't produce content anymore I can use. As with anywhere ... there are people over there I don't particularly care for. At all. They just happen to also be DAZ PAs. I'm sure being jerks is something that comes naturally to them ... not something they caught as a result of being in contact with the current DAZ management :wink:

There are quite a few DAZ PAs I'd love to see developing for the HiveWire figures.

Hornet3d

Wise
I don't lump the DAZ PAs in with DAZ. I have my favorites over there. They just don't produce content anymore I can use. As with anywhere ... there are people over there I don't particularly care for. At all. They just happen to also be DAZ PAs. I'm sure being jerks is something that comes naturally to them ... not something they caught as a result of being in contact with the current DAZ management :wink:

There are quite a few DAZ PAs I'd love to see developing for the HiveWire figures.

There are a lot of content creators I wish were developing for Hivewire figures and selling here, no matter where they are selling at the moment.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Dawn is fantastic. Jeez. I had a major senior moment. My fingers typed a three letter word that also begins with Da instead of Dawn.

I'm sure that would have shocked any number of people.

I still hang out over there, but I've dropped the idea of brokering there after this incident. I find I'm liking Dawn almost as much as the Genesis family of figures.