• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Official Announcement: DAZ terminates agreement to publish HiveWire 3D animals!

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Now your talking Daio! YUM! Little warmed Ghee drizzled over the top.... LORDY!

Hornet3d

Wise
I did not read everything. Thought I saw a post about someone using a fake name and blah blah blah blah but I did not know we were supposed to use our legal names on these forums. Or am I missing the point some how in my speed reading. My real name is not Alphina nor is it most of my user names across the web. I am not at all consistent on my user names across the web but that does not mean I am hiding my identity.

Or am I missing the point.

A bit late in the day but I got distracted from this thread.

I would just like to make it clear that Hornet3D is not my real name, it is not even related to Hivewire as I have been using it for many years, the Hornet part comes from my following the Jordan formula 1 team at the time and the logo of one of their main sponsors. Only the 3D has relevance here. I use the same name on all forums, not just 3D art related, not because I am a goody goody (because I am not) but because my memory could not handle multiple.

The other point I would like to make is my avatar is NOT a picture of the real me, I never look that good.

Hornet3d

Wise
Well gosh. I've spent just about the entire day hoping I wasn't making the situation worse by my posts!

Guess I can relax now, huh?

Thank you RAM and Chris.

You know ... Steamed Purple Cauliflower with butter and salt just doesn't compare to all of these pies everyone keeps mentioning. How does Cantaloupe pie sound? Disgusting, doesn't it? But, that's the only fruit I have in the apartment. Well wait. I do have cottage cheese. Though cottage cheese and cantaloupe still doesn't equal these decadent pies. Oh, I do have frozen strawberries too. Maybe even some frozen sliced bananas. I could have a strawberry banana smoothie.

Nope. Still not a pie.

Pity me!

I can relate to that feeling of wondering if you have just made the whole thing worse, but then I don't have your cool head, rational thought process or your tremendous command of English.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Of course RAMWolff is not my real name either. RAM are my initials to my name. Wolff is my DOUBLE wolf spirit, a male and a female hence the double F at the end, which most people don't type out! HOW RUDE! :p

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
All I can say is that it is all said and done now/is in the past; and at this point I am moving on to continue updating older products and creating new products for our wonderful HW animals as well working on new animals with Chris and Paul. And it is my hope that those that got introduced to our animals through Daz will be interested in trying/buying them here or possibly making products for them here as well, regardless of what program they use or prefer, or which store they use or prefer. I welcome all the new members with open arms and say "Howdy"!! (Alisa already passed out the goodies:) Make yourself at home here and let's share our passion for 3d art!

Llynara

I'm shocked and saddened to hear this. I've been a customer here for quite some time, but this is my first post to the forums. I was really looking forward to purchasing the animals in the DAZ store, though I own quite a few animals here, including your beautiful horses. Your products are fantastic and I'll continue to buy them wherever they are offered.

D

Deleted member 325

I missed this initial announcement because of a lot of issues I am dealing with right now, but this figures. To me, this is typical of Daz3D - break deals and agreements at will, then find or manufacture an excuse to justify it. It seems they have done this to every artist or group they recently tried to recruit. They handed many of the Rendo vendors who switched their walking papers, several are now back at CGbytes who had moved to Daz, and now this.

It's all just nonsense really. This is why I do not trust Daz3D honestly. I wouldn't be surprised if, behind the scenes, they waived my posts here and in older RDNA forums around saying "cause this guy is one of your Published Artists"... cause I have nothing nice to say about them. If that did happen I am sorry they stooped so low as to do guilt by association...if not just color me paranoid.

On the upside - I am happy to see your animals back in a free market world not controlled or restricted by fickle authority figures. I would like to see Hivewire grow, not just as figure artists but as a brokerage.

D

Deleted member 325

Sorry it didn't work out Chris and Lisa. And now, I'm going to refrain from further comment as anything I might say may cause DAZ to cancel my account and delete my Prouct Library.:sneaky:
Been there, done that, got lots of animosity as a result... I know you may have meant it as a joke, but it is not outside the realm of possibility for them to behave this way.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I started wondering last night / early this morning, why it is so difficult to let go slights. (Though sometimes, those slights really aren't so slight). I've been divorced 24 years. And I still somehow get drawn into bringing up stuff that led to my divorce. As if ... any of that stuff has anything to do with my life now.

Obviously, it's human nature to hold onto things like that. Probably some sort of survival thing. After all, if someone betrayed you back when we were living in caves and what not, it was kind of a matter of life and death. Not like now when a spouse repeatedly leaves the toilet seat up so you fall in when you sit. Worst that will happen is you get wet. Though, I suppose that could be rather risky too what with all those germs merrily skating around the porcelain.

Then ... there was the time I got carded on Nantucket Island when I was 40. OMG! What was that about?!? There is no way on earth I looked too young to be able to drink. But, the waiter heard me mention to the others in my group that I'd not brought my driver's license. Nantucket gets a rather large population of college age kids (many from Ireland, many from the US) who work in various service jobs during the summer. The ones from the US tend to be rather arrogant and pretentious. Oh, he most definitely had that attitude. Honestly, I really wasn't interested in drinking. I rarely do. Even when others in my group are drinking ... which was the case here. But it was his attitude, rudeness, and joy in denying me. Whatever. But ... obviously, it still burns me. Even though he's an old man in his 40s now. With luck ... still waiting on tables even. Um ... sorry about that! I hope he's had a long and successful life! (waiting tables for ungrateful and low tipping customers.)

One wouldn't think that second event would have the emotional impact of a breakdown in a relationship. But maybe it also is a betrayal of trust. Certainly not on the level of a spouse making little digs at you for years over sensitive things you'd shared, or ignoring your needs, or going a week without speaking to you to prove a point. Communication wasn't easy for me ... especially in a confrontational situation. But we all depend on each other treating each other with respect, if not kindness. When it doesn't happen, even over something as insignificant as being carded as an almost geriatric adult, well, you lose a little bit of your trust in people.

It's a lot of work for some of us to trust others. It doesn't come easily ... especially if you experienced trauma as a way too young child. More so if parents assumed you'd forget about that trauma ... as adults believed would be the case with young children.

Romantic relationships, friendships, business relationships, even that relationship between two people meeting once and never again. They all seem to be treated the same by our brains. I think it's even more basic than that Us vs Them tribal survival group thing. Which also causes no end of problems for us.

Some part of us seems to believe we need to hold that slight / hurt / lost of trust close to us and relive it each time something reminds us of it. If we don't hold on to it, and relive it in full detail each time something brushes against the memory ... will it happen again?

Far too many years ago (ok. So like 24ish years ago), I realized once you've lost significant trust in someone, it's over. Every little wrong piles up ... each one building on the previous. And then one day, the weight of all those slights, all those hurts, all those little trust hits becomes just too much. The scale tips. And it's irretrievably broken.

Obviously, it IS possible to let go. But I think it's harder in situations where you're constantly exposed to the other in ways that remind you of those negative events from the past. Especially, if the other is successful, and perhaps even profiting from the behavior that hurt you.

You know ... like guys with orange hair :D

Digitell

Enthusiast
I started wondering last night / early this morning, why it is so difficult to let go slights. (Though sometimes, those slights really aren't so slight). I've been divorced 24 years. And I still somehow get drawn into bringing up stuff that led to my divorce. As if ... any of that stuff has anything to do with my life now.

Obviously, it's human nature to hold onto things like that. Probably some sort of survival thing. After all, if someone betrayed you back when we were living in caves and what not, it was kind of a matter of life and death. Not like now when a spouse repeatedly leaves the toilet seat up so you fall in when you sit. Worst that will happen is you get wet. Though, I suppose that could be rather risky too what with all those germs merrily skating around the porcelain.

Then ... there was the time I got carded on Nantucket Island when I was 40. OMG! What was that about?!? There is no way on earth I looked too young to be able to drink. But, the waiter heard me mention to the others in my group that I'd not brought my driver's license. Nantucket gets a rather large population of college age kids (many from Ireland, many from the US) who work in various service jobs during the summer. The ones from the US tend to be rather arrogant and pretentious. Oh, he most definitely had that attitude. Honestly, I really wasn't interested in drinking. I rarely do. Even when others in my group are drinking ... which was the case here. But it was his attitude, rudeness, and joy in denying me. Whatever. But ... obviously, it still burns me. Even though he's an old man in his 40s now. With luck ... still waiting on tables even. Um ... sorry about that! I hope he's had a long and successful life! (waiting tables for ungrateful and low tipping customers.)

One wouldn't think that second event would have the emotional impact of a breakdown in a relationship. But maybe it also is a betrayal of trust. Certainly not on the level of a spouse making little digs at you for years over sensitive things you'd shared, or ignoring your needs, or going a week without speaking to you to prove a point. Communication wasn't easy for me ... especially in a confrontational situation. But we all depend on each other treating each other with respect, if not kindness. When it doesn't happen, even over something as insignificant as being carded as an almost geriatric adult, well, you lose a little bit of your trust in people.

It's a lot of work for some of us to trust others. It doesn't come easily ... especially if you experienced trauma as a way too young child. More so if parents assumed you'd forget about that trauma ... as adults believed would be the case with young children.

Romantic relationships, friendships, business relationships, even that relationship between two people meeting once and never again. They all seem to be treated the same by our brains. I think it's even more basic than that Us vs Them tribal survival group thing. Which also causes no end of problems for us.

Some part of us seems to believe we need to hold that slight / hurt / lost of trust close to us and relive it each time something reminds us of it. If we don't hold on to it, and relive it in full detail each time something brushes against the memory ... will it happen again?

Far too many years ago (ok. So like 24ish years ago), I realized once you've lost significant trust in someone, it's over. Every little wrong piles up ... each one building on the previous. And then one day, the weight of all those slights, all those hurts, all those little trust hits becomes just too much. The scale tips. And it's irretrievably broken.

Obviously, it IS possible to let go. But I think it's harder in situations where you're constantly exposed to the other in ways that remind you of those negative events from the past. Especially, if the other is successful, and perhaps even profiting from the behavior that hurt you.

You know ... like guys with orange hair :D

"Even though he's an old man in his 40s now. "...HEY...Who you callin OLD???? I happen to be in my 50's ..back side of 50's and I still consider myself pretty YOUNG! .. :)

AllenArt

Eager
"Even though he's an old man in his 40s now. "...HEY...Who you callin OLD???? I happen to be in my 50's ..back side of 50's and I still consider myself pretty YOUNG! .. :)

I know what you mean. I was about to say "Hey!! I resemble that remark!" LOL :laugh:

Digitell

Enthusiast
I know what you mean. I was about to say "Hey!! I resemble that remark!" LOL :laugh:
LOL..yea..I was beginning to wonder maybe I might have sounded a little bit to seriously..I was of course joking around with Satira! :) But YEA..we resemble that remark! LOL :)

Llynara

The thing that still boggles my mind (after slogging through quite a few pages here) is...didn't DAZ reach out to Hivewire on this animal agreement? Seems like I read that in the initial announcements here. Seems odd for them to reach out and then rescind the offer so fast. To me, that's a red flag, or at least an indicator of some other issue, perhaps not related to Hivewire at all. Makes we wonder what the heck is going on behind the scenes. No clue, I'm just a customer, but the whole thing seems very strange.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Welcome to the HiveWire forums Ladyelf and Llynara. It's good to see you here. ;)