• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Official Announcement: DAZ terminates agreement to publish HiveWire 3D animals!

Terre

Renowned
It may vary by manufacturer. Lavender is apparently included in the US version.

I thought it was lavender buds too, but wiki said lavender leaves. I was too lazy to go grab the jar!

So ... since I had to go get dinner (chopped up purple cauliflower buttered and salted), I checked the jar. No purple buds. Just leaves. So the brand I have includes lavender leaves.
I wonder if it's also regional. I have a supplier in Lubbock Tx looking to see if she can find canned bell peppers & onions. I'm not sure she's going to succeed. If she does then what the customers asked for it for is definitely regional. They wanted it for salsa while living in a region where home made salsa means fresh chile peppers, fresh tomatoes, and fresh onions with other possible ingredients. The looks of the faces on locals when I mentioned this request ( I was trying to see if anyone had heard of making homemade salsa this way) were priceless.

AlphinaNovaStar

Energetic
oh wait I am here for the blender version to make pie. This thread does not say which version of blender to use on my computer. where did I put that phone?

Terre

Renowned
Actually, I think I'd like a slice of rhubarb pie. I haven't had rhubarb pie in ages... decades, in fact!

(Just noticed the comment about rhubarb custard pie... I've never had rhubarb custard, but it sounds yummy, too...)

What a list of pies! Oh my... I think I'm gaining weight just reading all those posts!
I had both rhubarb and the custard version at the home of a family friend who grew her own rhubarb back in the mid '70s. My mother, grandmother and the friend all made it clear that the stalk is the only edible part of the plant. The rest is poisoness. I found that rather neat and followed their instructions to not touch the plants.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I can just see Dorothy, the tin man, cowardly lion, and scarecrow wandering through that field of lavender instead of the poppy field. They'd be sooo chill instead of unconscious.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
My mom used to make rhubarb pie. She made fantastic lemon meringue pies, apple pies, cherry pies, and pumpkin pie ... so she probably made a fairly decent rhubarb pie. I just detested it.

Terre

Renowned
Rhubarb and rhubarb custard taste different enough that although I disliked the plain one I liked the custard one.

Terre

Renowned
I don't remember if it was sour or bitter. Been toooooooo long since I had any. The custard smoothed it out.
Around 40 years in fact.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Personally, I have issues with forums where the rules are enforced inconsistently. Must be that Libra influence. I don't know how many times I've whined ... but, it's not FAIR! Yeah, yeah, yeah. Life isn't fair. But life's roll of the dice isn't a valid excuse for people to act like bullies. Nor is it justification to deprive some people of rights because they don't look like you, speak your language, worship your god, love the same gender you do, or come from the same countries your ancestors did. Granted ... forum inequality is rather insignificant. Sorta. It's just on a tiny scale what's wrong with society on the larger scale. /grumble.

Anyway ... I can live with a forum where the rules are clear and enforced consistently. Even if they are draconian :p But not when the rules are enforced only for some members ... simply because they don't hold the popular view, while those members who hold the popular view are allowed to attack members with no repercussions. I can't think of any other forum (including game forums where people get even more upset) where I've had posts pulled to the degree I had at DAZ. Usually, I could understand the explanation. But by 2013, my posts were being pulled with no explanation. I could only assume it was because I responded positively to comments about Dawn (or later, posted images of Dawn) ... while other posts mentioning Dawn (or HiveWire) negatively were allowed to remain.

I never had a problem with the original Genesis androgyny. I thought that was rather cool even. Nope. What upset me ... as well as other Poser users ... was that DAZ was no longer releasing figures that could be used natively in Poser. DAZ's solution (DSON) was haphazard at best, and non functional for me, as well as others. Why would it be a surprise that as PAs released less and less new content that could be used in Poser (rather quickly no less) even though that content was not clothing or characters, Poser users were upset? The androgyny thing was really an issue with DS users rather than Poser users. We had bigger concerns. Like ... a PC subscription that was increasingly rather worthless. Big problem when there were two years left on the subscription, and you couldn't get a refund. Nor could you take advantage of any of the "benefits" of being a PC member unless you wanted ancient content. Any wonder some of us felt really, really burned?

Oddly enough, it took a tiny little company with a handful of employees to develop a figure (in DS no less) that was fully able to take advantage of the same features in DS that Genesis does ... AND ... miracle of miracles since we'd been told so many times it was impossible ... worked fantastically in Poser ... natively.

Couldn't be done. Well no. Not until HiveWire came along with a goal of doing things right for both DS and Poser users.
I think I love you! :balloon03:

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
RAMWolff, I agree.

What I've learned more than anything about reading these last several pages to catch up on this thread... is that Satira is really smart. I mean I knew she was smart before, but she is so centered and sound. Love her ability to explain her views, her thoughts, and her rational.

Yay Satira!!

Oh okay... everyone else here is amazing too. Just not as amazing as Satira. Ha.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Gonna break for dinner, and probably chime in after that. All this pie talk has by stomach squeaking, and churning.