• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Official Announcement: DAZ terminates agreement to publish HiveWire 3D animals!

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Just reading back over the last few pages of this thread and I think it's wonderful we can all express ourselves without fear of banning or threads getting deleted! Way to go HiveWire!

PoisenedLily

Inspired
No she made up that name because she knows if she posted under her real name she knows exactly what would happen.

Threats and nastiness. Way worse than anythings been said here. Last name I raised an issue, under my real name it was everything from 'silly little
girl' to 'that bitch needs a slap'.

Look I'm sorry if that shock tactic upset anyone, but I just wanted to get my point across and raise points that need discussing. However I -like
others - don't feel safe in speaking out publicly because of the pro-whatever site mentality that exists. Hence the clone.

Well that narrows it down, you are female lol. Even though apparently I am accused of it, I never threatened you. I do STILL feel you are wrong, HUGELY. If you wanted to leak it and be all shocking fine, but you should do it under your vendor name everyone knows. If you say it own it. Words to live by. Have I said some stupid things in my day? OH MY, every day almost. But I own it. Right or wrong, I own it. You make others look bad when you leak things from under an NDA. No matter what site. It's not a "I love Daz more than Hivewire" thing for me. Maybe not for anyone. It's a "thanks for trying to ruin it for the rest of us" thing. I feel that is selfish. If you have issues with Daz, do NOT sell there. How hard is THAT?

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Yes. The DSON Importer, which was referred to during my time on the DAZ forums as simply ... DSON.

I tried using Genesis in Poser far more than the one time. Unfortunately, it just wasn't stable. I submitted very detailed bug reports on where it failed each and every time.

Poser users made it abundantly clear we didn't care about all those bells and whistles. Can't say whether that was what DAZ heard :p They were rather adamant that if we wanted to use Genesis, we really needed to ditch Poser and switch to DS.

DSON is the current native file format for DAZ Studio content, so you're referring to the DSON Importer Poser Plugin. My guess is that its supposed to convert the native DS version to a native Poser one; how good it actually does is uncertain as I've only tried it once. With respect to why DAZ didn't make a separate native Poser version without all the bells and whistles, it probably thst they didn't realize how little folks using Poser care about said bells and whistles.

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Can we PLEASE stop discussing this issue with captainclone?

I have already said that they had the private info REMOVED from their posts as soon as it was noticed, they were informed by pm that we are NOT ok with people posting private information or information that is under NDA in our forums, and they APOLOGIZED.

:stopthewar::peace::thankyou:

*puts on fake Elvis voice* (and believe me, since I'm a woman, that doesn't sound too authentic)

Thankyouverymuch :)

PoisenedLily

Inspired
Sorry Alisa, they commented and I replied. Also they only apologized for upsetting people not for the actual action of doing it. I know everyone thinks this is a Daz vs whomever thing but it is not. I do not care what site, person, entity that you have an NDA with you do NOT do that. You just do NOT. I imagine even here that would be hugely frowned upon.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I don't consider sharing confidential information protected under an NDA to be a shock tactic. I consider it an action that is absolutely not acceptable.

The result of posting confidential NDA information on another brokerage's forum is to pull that brokerage into something that should be solely between a vendor and the brokerage they sell through. It gets back to DAZ and to other DAZ PAs, and those threats and nastiness you wanted to avoid ... follow you here. Long after that post has been removed as it was shortly after it was posted.

You're the same person, whether you post under a name others know, or a new, unknown name. How are you not affected by people calling you names, threatening you, or other nastiness? Just because they don't know who you really are?

I don't agree with the statements from some of the new posters here toward you. But I also don't agree with how you went about expressing your discontent with DAZ. That's an issue that is better resolved between you and DAZ.

No she made up that name because she knows if she posted under her real name she knows exactly what would happen.

Threats and nastiness. Way worse than anythings been said here. Last name I raised an issue, under my real name it was everything from 'silly little
girl' to 'that bitch needs a slap'.

Look I'm sorry if that shock tactic upset anyone, but I just wanted to get my point across and raise points that need discussing. However I -like
others - don't feel safe in speaking out publicly because of the pro-whatever site mentality that exists. Hence the clone.

Terre

Renowned
Can we PLEASE stop discussing this issue with captainclone?

I have already said that they had the private info REMOVED from their posts as soon as it was noticed, they were informed by pm that we are NOT ok with people posting private information or information that is under NDA in our forums, and they APOLOGIZED.

:stopthewar::peace::thankyou:

*puts on fake Elvis voice* (and believe me, since I'm a woman, that doesn't sound too authentic)

Thankyouverymuch :)
:grouphug:

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Oops Alisa. Sorry too :(

I have a tendency to take ages in writing my posts, and I don't always refresh while writing when the message appears that there are new posts.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I'd like to welcome all the new people here, it's nice to see you!

Also, if you haven't taken the time to look at the rest of the Hive, please note this and the other Official Announcement concerning Daz is in NO WAY indicative of the tone of the rest of the site.

Are there discussions and disagreements? Yes of course there is, we're human, but it has always been in a civil manner.
I can understand how upset everyone is with the situation because we are passionate, but I'm saddened by the way people are acting in this particular post because, like I said, it is NOT indicative of how we normally act.
:stopthewar:

@AlphinaNovaStar: I use my first name and middle initial some places like Rendo and my last name with "Art" after it in others like here and Daz. You absolutely do NOT have to use your real name on any forum...in fact, you're probably safer from internet creepies if you don't (and I'm not talking about anyone here or Rendo or Daz...lol).

So true; at most forums I've joined since 2003, I've used some variation on the one I use here. If I go into IRC, or an IRC-like system like Discord, I use Blade. The only three places I use my real name are Facebook (mainly so my family knows who I am), YouTube (my hobbyist channel is under my real name, my 3D channel is under Daywalker Designs) and my personal emails.

Terre

Renowned
Sounds great
It was.

Meanwhile I just had a memory form 7 or so years ago come to mind. On the Complaint Thread at Daz one of the regulars had made a comment that resulted in a very heated argument between him and at least 4 others (including my husband). After a bit one of the participants in the argument realized what was happening and said something to the effect of "I don't think we should be doing this, guys." In short order all of the participants were editing their posts to innocuous statements. By the time a mod came in because someone had reported the incident they were finished. The whole thing ended up being rather amusing.

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
I know everyone thinks this is a Daz vs whomever thing but it is not. I do not care what site, person, entity that you have an NDA with you do NOT do that. You just do NOT. I imagine even here that would be hugely frowned upon.

DEFINITELY here :).

Oops Alisa. Sorry too :(

I have a tendency to take ages in writing my posts, and I don't always refresh while writing when the message appears that there are new posts.

LOL. Yeah, I do that, too !

I'd like to welcome all the new people here, it's nice to see you!

Also, if you haven't taken the time to look at the rest of the Hive, please note this and the other Official Announcement concerning Daz is in NO WAY indicative of the tone of the rest of the site.

Are there discussions and disagreements? Yes of course there is, we're human, but it has always been in a civil manner.
I can understand how upset everyone is with the situation because we are passionate, but I'm saddened by the way people are acting in this particular post because, like I said, it is NOT indicative of how we normally act.
:stopthewar:

Nice one, Rae!

Absolutely. This happens to be one of the more heated discussions and it's moving pretty fast, too. We want this to be a fun place, hard as that might be to realize if you're new and this thread's all you've seen.

Think of not just what you want to express, folks, please, but HOW you are expressing it. It's easy to read something that upsets you and bark off an answer in kind. Much harder to step back, and answer rationally. But so much nicer!

Who wants blueberry pie? Or raspberry pie?

Oh, blueberry, please!

Or pumpkin, Satira!

And, goodness - where are my manners?

*puts out plates of cookies, coffee, tea, milk, and some assorted fruit juices to go with the pie, and places lavender from my plants around to hopefully produce a touch of calm *.

Breathe in , breathe out.....