• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Official Announcement: DAZ terminates agreement to publish HiveWire 3D animals!

PoisenedLily

Inspired
Gosh! We've attracted three DAZ PAs to our humble home? Awesome! The more the merrier. Any interest in developing for the HiveWire figures? That would be even more awesome!

You'll find there are a lot of interesting discussions going on in other topics and areas at HiveWire too. This topic isn't necessarily the best way to get a feel for our community. Passionate stuff can be rather polarizing :wink:

One of my favorites is the Anchorage. It's rather cool reading about life on a boat in New Zealand. Even if it makes me rather envious as I've always wanted to live on the water. On ... or even beside.

As I mentioned before, I have no issues with Hivewire. Or the people here. My only reason for not having product in stores other than Daz or Rendo is simply time. There is never enough of it EVER. Idk who is stealing up all my hours in my day but it can stop any time. :)

AllenArt

Eager
You never come across as anything other than sincere Lisa. At least to me anyway ;). I haven't always participated in the forums here, but I do come back to read some semi-irregularly and have seen lots of your posts :p.

Laurie

eclark1894

Visionary
Ok so first let me apologize if I am not properly quoting/replying to these. I am new to these forums and the quote and reply buttons seem the same to me and I can never remember which one I pressed the last time lol

I just wanted to clear up for eclark1894 why I was worked up. I feel it's a fair question and deserves an answer.

I am worked up because someone is claiming they are being treated unfairly by Daz so their answer is to hide behind a fake name, leak NDA material, and bash the site and vendors? (maybe they didn't get the trophy they feel they so rightly deserve?) If you want to pretend you are a bad ass, you should own your shit. I don't like being grouped into a category just because they are mad at the site I happen to sell at. I have seen a few posts by Captainclone seemingly amused at his/her anonymity. As for their claim of being bullied, utter horse poo. Even in their post trying to SHOW they are bullied it doesn't show bullying. Unreal.

I hope that cleared up why I was so worked up. I honestly have calmed down over it. But yes I was extremely heated. I apologize if my "excitement" offended anyone. (Unless you are captainclone, I hope to God I offended you)
Frankly, and going solely by the intensity of your posts, I'd be afraid for his safety if you did know who he was. I'm not a moderator or a Community volunteer, but I thought I'd take a stab at trying to diffuse the situation a bit. Obviously, I failed, so I'm going to take my own advice and step away from the keyboard.

Hornet3d

Wise
I've taken that Devil's Advocate position a time or two myself!

Considering DSON also did not produce a "character as complete without ALL the rest of the features," ya gotta wonder why DSON was acceptable and a Poser version of Genesis wasn't?

From what I understand from our HiveWire DS users, Dawn is able to take advantage of the same features in DS that Genesis does. Consequently, the same could be said about Dawn ... where Dawn isn't "complete without ALL the rest of the features" in Poser as she is in DS. But the reality is that Dawn is awesome in Poser, which means that a Poser version Genesis ... even without all the bells and whistles of the DS technology ... would probably have been acceptable to the DAZ Poser customers. Most likely, more so even than Dawn simply because there are a lot of V4 users who feel unless it's DAZ, it's not an acceptable replacement. We could have avoided the last what ... six years of a broken community? Wouldn't that have been fabulous?

Woulda, coulda, shoulda ...

So sorry Alisa, if I implied Dawn is a single figure that works equally as well in both DS and Poser. I am aware the HiveWire DS & Poser figures are different versions ... which requires extra work ... but our newer members may not realize that. So, I should have been more careful in how I phrased what I posted.

I think most of us know that Dawn is really two figures, one for DS and one for Poser I think that gets pushed to the back of your mind though when you can purchase the same clothes for each. Yes they are also in DS and Poser versions but you are not left looking at a promo thinking 'that's great, if only it would work in Poser or I wish it would work in DS' Dawn can have a similar wardrobe no matter what software you use whats more I can see similar content used in both Poser and DS which allows me to make comparisons between the two with some validity.

It also means we have more in common than we have that separates us.

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
So sorry Alisa, if I implied Dawn is a single figure that works equally as well in both DS and Poser. I am aware the HiveWire DS & Poser figures are different versions ... which requires extra work ... but our newer members may not realize that. So, I should have been more careful in how I phrased what I posted.

No apology needed, Satira :) No one said anything wrong about that.

We have folks in this forum who aren't familiar with our products (someone posted earlier in the thread that they didn't realize Dawn works in Poser and DS), so I just wanted to note that ;)

I hope that cleared up why I was so worked up. I honestly have calmed down over it. But yes I was extremely heated. I apologize if my "excitement" offended anyone.

And we understand if you are "excited" or annoyed, or feel it's inappropriate for someone to post private information or things learned/received under an NDA in a public forum. SO DO WE. That is why the original posts were edited and the person who posted them was told that it was not acceptable, for which, by the way, they apologized.

It is NOT ok to call people names, insult them, attack them, or say nasty things about them. If you have a problem with what they say or do, and one of us misses it, USE THE REPORT BUTTON.

And I was not kidding, folks, about editing posts. I'm going to go have some lunch and then I start. edit...ok, not directly after lunch ;)

Last edited:

Desertsilver

Busy Bee
And your point is well received, and appreciated even! Please keep posting your opinions, as we all need to see things from different sides!

We may not all agree, but we do appreciate your contribution ;)

Edit: typo

I agree with Willowisp's post.
And just for the record- I ONLY use Daz. I will never own Poser ( couldn't afford it at the time, don't have time to learn it now)
I have many, many favorite PA s at Daz that I can't wait to see what they come up with next.
I * love* Iray. I love the new more realistic sculpts and skins coming for Gen 8.
I would also really love to see the Poser and Daz communities enjoying each other's company and art!!!!

I hope that this is just another bump in the road. Artists are passionate, and some, like me,- said things without thinking it through first.
I do also hope you, Razor 42, and Poison Lily will keep bringing your input and opinions and that will make this even a better place to be.

Hornet3d

Wise
Ok so first let me apologize if I am not properly quoting/replying to these. I am new to these forums and the quote and reply buttons seem the same to me and I can never remember which one I pressed the last time lol

I just wanted to clear up for eclark1894 why I was worked up. I feel it's a fair question and deserves an answer.

I am worked up because someone is claiming they are being treated unfairly by Daz so their answer is to hide behind a fake name, leak NDA material, and bash the site and vendors? (maybe they didn't get the trophy they feel they so rightly deserve?) If you want to pretend you are a bad ass, you should own your shit. I don't like cowards. Oh I am sorry, I do not like people who act like cowards. I don't like being grouped into a category just because they are mad at the site I happen to sell at. I have seen a few posts by Captainclone seemingly amused at his/her anonymity. As for their claim of being bullied, utter horse poo. Even in their post trying to SHOW they are bullied it doesn't show bullying. Unreal.

I hope that cleared up why I was so worked up. I honestly have calmed down over it. But yes I was extremely heated. I apologize if my "excitement" offended anyone. (Unless you are captainclone, I hope to God I offended you)

We all have something that manages to push out buttons just a little too easily. Thank you for the explanation it always helps to get to know someone better.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
In my case ... it's work. That and the hour or so commute to and from work. Then ... sleep.

And ... the forums. It's really amazing how much time reading and posting in forums sucks up the hours!

Well ... Tsuki also sucks up some of my time. She really likes to hassle me when I'm at the computer. I had to enclose the UPS in a wire "cage," so now she likes to jump on top of it and try to slip down behind the monitor. When she succeeds because I don't stop her in time, she ends up stuck with her butt in the air because there isn't any room for her to maneuver. You know a space is too small if a cat can't maneuver in it! Being a young cat, she's too stubborn to stop trying too. Cats ... more than any other animal ... fit the definition of insanity :wink:

As I mentioned before, I have no issues with Hivewire. Or the people here. My only reason for not having product in stores other than Daz or Rendo is simply time. There is never enough of it EVER. Idk who is stealing up all my hours in my day but it can stop any time. :)

PoisenedLily

Inspired
Actually, I just checked, and I have 4 of your older products. I just didn't recognize your vendor name right off the bat. ;)
Last year (might have been longer my concept of time is...sketchy at best lol) after a kinda long hiatus from 3D work, I decided to kind of start over so to speak so I changed my vendor/PA name. It took my longer at Rendo because I couldn't find the thing you have to buy to do it lol. But I sincerely hope you enjoy the products you have! :)

PoisenedLily

Inspired
In my case ... it's work. That and the hour or so commute to and from work. Then ... sleep.

And ... the forums. It's really amazing how much time reading and posting in forums sucks up the hours!

Well ... Tsuki also sucks up some of my time. She really likes to hassle me when I'm at the computer. I had to enclose the UPS in a wire "cage," so now she likes to jump on top of it and try to slip down behind the monitor. When she succeeds because I don't stop her in time, she ends up stuck with her butt in the air because there isn't any room for her to maneuver. You know a space is too small if a cat can't maneuver in it! Being a young cat, she's too stubborn to stop trying too. Cats ... more than any other animal ... fit the definition of insanity :wink:

We just got a kitten, 2 months ago? Not sure exactly lol But she is still a wee thing and oh my. The things she gets into...I was NOT prepared.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Mine will be 2 years in October. She was about six months when she figured out she could leap from the kitchen counters to the top of the kitchen cabinets. I was stacking all kinds of boxes on top of the refrigerator because I thought that's how she was getting up there. Until I actually caught her in the act. I didn't know whether to be proud of her or annoyed! Took her several falls before she learned that wiggling all around and squirming out further and further over the edge of the cabinet wasn't too bright. She'd be sooo excited because she was above me ... then next thing you know. SPLAT! Kitten on the floor.

She also learned she could crawl into the top shelf of one cabinet through the gap at the top where the two sets of cabinets met. It wasn't until I caught her crawling out through the top of the cupboard that I realized how she was getting in it. I had no idea there was a gap there. I just assumed the top was solid. So much for enclosing a cabinet!

She's too big to do that now. Though sometimes I catch her looking through the gap ... and thinking.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
She is the little devil isn't she. I always enjoy your stories about Tsuki, as they always put a smile on my face. :)

I've taken that Devil's Advocate position a time or two myself!

Considering DSON also did not produce a "character as complete without ALL the rest of the features," ya gotta wonder why DSON was acceptable and a Poser version of Genesis wasn't?

From what I understand from our HiveWire DS users, Dawn is able to take advantage of the same features in DS that Genesis does. Consequently, the same could be said about Dawn ... where Dawn isn't "complete without ALL the rest of the features" in Poser as she is in DS. But the reality is that Dawn is awesome in Poser, which means that a Poser version Genesis ... even without all the bells and whistles of the DS technology ... would probably have been acceptable to the DAZ Poser customers. Most likely, more so even than Dawn simply because there are a lot of V4 users who feel unless it's DAZ, it's not an acceptable replacement. We could have avoided the last what ... six years of a broken community? Wouldn't that have been fabulous?

Woulda, coulda, shoulda ...

DSON is the current native file format for DAZ Studio content, so you're referring to the DSON Importer Poser Plugin. My guess is that its supposed to convert the native DS version to a native Poser one; how good it actually does is uncertain as I've only tried it once. With respect to why DAZ didn't make a separate native Poser version without all the bells and whistles, it probably thst they didn't realize how little folks using Poser care about said bells and whistles.

PoisenedLily

Inspired
Our little devil, CC (short for Cosmic Creepers from Bedknobs and Broomsticks) , figured out within 2 weeks she can jump on the counters. Now she can jump from the table to the bakers rack. The poor fish has been moved more times than I can count and we are running out of places she can't get to! haha

AlphinaNovaStar

Energetic
I did not read everything. Thought I saw a post about someone using a fake name and blah blah blah blah but I did not know we were supposed to use our legal names on these forums. Or am I missing the point some how in my speed reading. My real name is not Alphina nor is it most of my user names across the web. I am not at all consistent on my user names across the web but that does not mean I am hiding my identity.

Or am I missing the point.

PoisenedLily

Inspired
I did not read everything. Thought I saw a post about someone using a fake name and blah blah blah blah but I did not know we were supposed to use our legal names on these forums. Or am I missing the point some how in my speed reading. My real name is not Alphina nor is it most of my user names across the web. I am not at all consistent on my user names across the web but that does not mean I am hiding my identity.

Or am I missing the point.
The fake name they are referring to is that Captainclone is a vendor at Daz and other stores but under a different name. They made up this name here to hide what vendor they are because they leaked sensitive NDA information. My name isn't PoisenedLily either, but I am that across all sites I sell on, and here. It's not about they didn't use their given birth name, none of us do. Ok not true, lol I know a few vendors who use their birth name actually.

captainclone

Inspired
No she made up that name because she knows if she posted under her real name she knows exactly what would happen.

Threats and nastiness. Way worse than anythings been said here. Last name I raised an issue, under my real name it was everything from 'silly little
girl' to 'that bitch needs a slap'.

Look I'm sorry if that shock tactic upset anyone, but I just wanted to get my point across and raise points that need discussing. However I -like
others - don't feel safe in speaking out publicly because of the pro-whatever site mentality that exists. Hence the clone.

AllenArt

Eager
@AlphinaNovaStar: I use my first name and middle initial some places like Rendo and my last name with "Art" after it in others like here and Daz. You absolutely do NOT have to use your real name on any forum...in fact, you're probably safer from internet creepies if you don't (and I'm not talking about anyone here or Rendo or Daz...lol).