• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Official Announcement: DAZ terminates agreement to publish HiveWire 3D animals!

Harimau

Eager
Just came across this thread, late as usual. Sad to note that your collaboration with DAZ had come to nought. Glad to know that all my favourite animals will be coming home to roost. Kind of reminds of this little ditty from Looney Tunes' Porky Pig that I used to enjoy many, many aeons ago:

"Sadly we must say good bye to each and every one,
Gladly we'll come back again and have more fun."

All the very best for the future!

Hornet3d

Wise
This incident reminds me of what happened with the Millennium Horse.

Extract -
I have seen people in other forums talk about how these forums don't allow criticism. If that were true, I wouldn't be able to come here. I'm the kind of person who points out the downsides and dangers of a decision, especially if no one else mentions them. It's just in my nature to try see both advantages and disadvantages to almost everything. For instance, I, who have loved books and reading since the age of four, was very annoyed by a book I just finished, because it didn't accurately depict the downsides to literacy and the strengths of oral tradition. Every choice and action has a plus and a minus, and I wholly believe that if you ignore those minuses, you can't account for them. If I see that everyone is deliberately ignoring a problem, it's _really_ hard for me to be silent about it.

That's by far my biggest weakness, because most people aren't comfortable looking at downsides to what they want. They tend to experience pointing them out as trying to stop them from doing what they want or need to do. I'm actually fine with just acknowledging problems, even if there's no solutions it at present. Even if there's not even _plans_ for a solution. But that acknowledgement is still more than most can do.

In other words, I'm uniquely qualified to say that HiveWire3D is _amazing_ at responding to criticism. Asking that critiques be constructive, that they literally help people build more, create more, and publish more, is not the same as silencing critics. The Poser community is dying precisely because we treated "Content X sucks," "Every creator who doesn't do this one thing I want should be ashamed and stop making content," and most especially, "That project sucks and should be stopped because it's worthless," the same as "Here's some improvements you might make to your work if you have the time." It's not.

For too long, we treated the people who made Poser as somehow different than regular fellow artists, even when they came into the forums. Then we started treating vendors as if they were different than fellow artists. Then we started treating freebie makers that way. While the DS community is highly fault tolerant and supportive of its artists, most Poser users (myself included) have at one point or another used words to criticize a content artist's work that would have made us report the person if if they'd been used in a comment in our gallery.

HiveWire3D asks that we all at least try to critique each other as we'd like our own work critiqued. That we do our best for each other, and for the community as a whole. More than that, they model that behavior. This forum doesn't silence critics. But if you're looking for freedom to unleash your inner mean girl (regardless of your gender), you won't find it here.

Most of my favorite artists have disappeared. I know some have left due to the negativity. I'm really hoping to see some of them reappear here.

As you say I have seen it mentioned more than once that these forums do not like criticism but more often than not it came from someone with a posting history that suggested what they were really saying was "Hivewire doesn't allow flame wars and personal attacks". The other oft used claim is that it is too nice here, when the truth is probably nearer to the fact everyone respects the others point of view.

For me criticism is good thing, better if it is constructive, but there are times when you know something is wrong but cannot put for finger on what is wrong. In such cases mentioning it will often draw further information of what is wrong and how it can be fixed. For it to work though there has to be respect on both sides, the commonly posted statement that Dawn does not work in Poser is either left unchallenged or challenged in a manner that will do little to change anyone's mind. Here I suspect the response would be along the lines of giving an example of how Dawn does work and asking politely why they thought Dawn did not work or what aspect is an issue. I suggest that is more likely going to get a good response than 'your just a *****fan boy telling lies'.

Strange thing is that I think almost anyone here is capable of posting either reply and which reply depends very much on what forum they are in. People here act the way they do not because of any draconian moderating but because of the culture of those running it and how they are treated by other posters. At the end of the day it is a nice place because the people here want it to be so.

Bonnie2001

Extraordinary
Currently, there's only one supercharger in Ireland (@Ballacolla)

What a place to put it Ken. I mean that's in County Laois, the middle of nowhere. Nobody even passes through there on the way to anywhere else, they just bypass it! Besides, they all ride bicycles and tractors down there and probably never seen an electric car!

Hornet3d

Wise
What is Vanishing Point?

Marketing name of a very talented individual as the link from Szark shows. I have a few Vanishing Point products and love using them.

This uses Catacombs of Death.

Catacomb HW.jpg

Bonnie2001

Extraordinary
Wow thanks, the products over there are really top quality work!

So, did Vanishing point get the short end of the stick from DAZ as well?

Riccardo

Adventurous
Marketing name of a very talented individual as the link from Szark shows. I have a few Vanishing Point products and love using them.

View attachment 28492

Let me add this for Mr. @John Hoagland: I understand you are the man (or one of the persons) behind Vanishing Point. IMHO, not only are you a very talented 3D Artist, but your vendor nickname is the best I heard in this field until now. Great name choice :)