• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Official Announcement: DAZ terminates agreement to publish HiveWire 3D animals!

Hornet3d

Wise
Actually Bonnie, I've been watching since the original thread about the HW Big Cat and Cub moving to DAZ3D, and we're now up to 52 new members (and counting). Of course, that thread is about 3 weeks older, so not sure exactly how many of the 52 have joined us here since Monday, but I believe it's been quite a few. ;)

It is great to see so many new names, I hope they all stay but any new member is plus, not only because it adds another unique view point but also because any new member that stays is a vote for the type of community that the Hivewire team are trying the build here. Personally I find it more relaxing, more fun and far more informative here than the flame wars that raged elsewhere and caused more then one forum the virtually crash and burn.

I have always tried to do the same with any promotion I made of Dawn, rather then suggesting that they must use Dawn or that Dawn was better then X, Y and G figures my advice was always try Dawn and see if it works for you. I did so for three reasons, firstly very few people like anything being rammed down their throat, secondly I had no hidden agenda or axe to grind but lastly, I was confident at least some would discovery a much more flexible and capable figure than they expected.

LisaB

HW3D Vice President & Queen Bee
Staff member
Co-Founder
It is great to see so many new names, I hope they all stay but any new member is plus, not only because it adds another unique view point but also because any new member that stays is a vote for the type of community that the Hivewire team are trying the build here. Personally I find it more relaxing, more fun and far more informative here than the flame wars that raged elsewhere and caused more then one forum the virtually crash and burn.

Yes! Exactly! Thank you! More of that, please!

:)

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
I miss the days of Chris at DAz.

Is there a forum here to post problems with the forum that I may get suggestions on how to fix it? I don't want to clog this thread up trying to figure out why I'm not getting email notifications, but I am known for being half-blind at times (and not 'blind' in the Aussie vernacular...) so I may be missing something.

I didn't get forum notifications for over a year. It was something in the pipeline between Hivewire and AOL. Nothing anyone did on either end did anything. And then it suddenly was fixed and no one knows why.

I'll enjoy it while I've got it.

Last edited:

Me195

Extraordinary
Sorry I'm late as usual. I just found this thread today. Everything meaningful to say has already been said, but I did want to say that I'm sorry to hear that you guys had to navigate that emotional minefield and not get the payoff you deserve.

eclark1894

Visionary

I have always tried to do the same with any promotion I made of Dawn, rather then suggesting that they must use Dawn or that Dawn was better then X, Y and G figures my advice was always try Dawn and see if it works for you. I did so for three reasons, firstly very few people like anything being rammed down their throat, secondly I had no hidden agenda or axe to grind but lastly, I was confident at least some would discovery a much more flexible and capable figure than they expected.
My only gripe is that people seem determined to believe that I don't like or even hate Genesis. I don't, but she doesn't work natively inside of Poser and I do hate jumping through hoops to get something to work, especially when I know there's a figure like Dawn around that does work natively in Poser.

I am not going to criticize other stores. And I am going to deliberately spend more money at Hivewire. Why?
  • The community and store people are respectful and positive
  • They offer support that doesn't assume that I am an idiot
  • The quality of their models
  • They offer more normal clothes that aren't gravitation-defying skimpy
  • They seem very ethical.

Interesting fact - I have 16,400 some items in the DAZ installation Manager.

LisaB

HW3D Vice President & Queen Bee
Staff member
Co-Founder
I am not going to criticize other stores. And I am going to deliberately spend more money at Hivewire. Why?

Thank you for creating an account to share this with us. We look forward to seeing you hang around for a while. :)

:welcome: to the :beehive: !

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
Welcome to the Hive EdgeofPacific! You offer some very valid points there. Generally speaking, there is no discrimination against any of the programs we use or the vendors regardless of where they sell. Personally, I could only wish that some of the companies behind them were a little bit more open and less sensitive to criticism than they are. Thats what the Hive is all about! A place where everyone can state their viewpoint in a rational manner without being slammed because others don't like your viewpoint. I hope you enjoy your time here and make it a home from home where you'll always be welcome! :welcome:

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Welcome to the HiveWire forums from me as well EdgeofPacific, and as Lisa said, hang around for a while. We have a very friendly group here, and I promise, we don't bite. ;)

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Welcome to the Hive EdgeOfPacific...I thought I was bad with 6-7000...but I don't buy as much these days as I used to.

Hornet3d

Wise

A warm welcome to you and what a great post.

I purchase almost all my content here these days for all of the same reasons, in fact the only thing that limits me is that the store is still quite small. Not a moan, as I know the Hivewire team is small, just a way of saying I will continue to spend as new products become available. Hopefully the store will grow at an even faster place as more and more people 'discover' Hivewire.

pommerlis

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
Wow! Just wow! Not even a week on my holiday to login for a bit and what do I find? I can't even turn my back for a second.
Didn't I tell you kids to play nice?! :D

I am so sorry this happened, it would have been nice to see it work but you know my sweet peeps, things do happen for a reason. And who knows what the universe has in store for this place.

We apologize here to all concerned. We have already apologized to our primary contacts at DAZ for the way they viewed our announcement, and tried to add clarity to our post to publish with them, and again convey our excitement to work with them. But to no avail.

You have absolutely nothing to apologize for sweetheart! None of you have! You at least tried and no one can blame you for that. I expected Daz to be a professional bussiness but apparently they cater to ego and emotional little outburst, the kind I see here with a three-year old trying to escape the garden. (or my own menopausal tantrums wich are more deadly)
So they can store all and maintain all my purchases with Daz & RDNA wich saves me an extra external HD for a bit.
At least that way they will serve some form of purpose.
I won't be going anywhere, I want my dachshund LOL

For a good example, look at how the automotive industry laughed at Tesla trying to make and sell electric cars. For years, they ignored and discounted them saying they'll never make it. The Model S today is the top selling luxury sedan in the world
(Disclaimer: I'm a Tesla owner, so less than objective).

You own a Tesla?!?!! Gossshhhh, I so drooling now!
If I ever win the lottery that's the car I'm buying!

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Welcome to the Hive, EdgeofPacific - I'm just a few hours away from you :)

Ken Gilliland

Dances with Bees
HW3D Exclusive Artist
You own a Tesla?!?!! Gossshhhh, I so drooling now!
If I ever win the lottery that's the car I'm buying!

Actually, the Model S is my wife's. I rarely get to go in it--It's her baby lol.
I will say though once you've driven in one, it's hard to think of driving anything else again. They're amazing cars.
I'm stuck with my plug-in Prius (not a bad car) until start of next year when my Model 3 should be ready (if the production ramp up goes as planned).

Dylan

Eager
I had a test drive in a Renault Zoe electric car last month. I was impressed at how it took off like a rocket and the quietness. 400km (240 miles) range is decent enough for a small country like Ireland, but I don't think it will be suitable for countries like the USA where people drive across States regularly. That might change with announcements in some EU countries that fossil fuel cars will not be made in a few years, and no doubt we will see the driving range of electric cars increase to maybe 600km (360 miles). Those announcements will probably result in car makers getting their thumbs out ASAP and making huge efforts so electric cars appeal to the masses. But until then I'm afraid it will be a petrol car for me.

Ken Gilliland

Dances with Bees
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Dylan, actually Telsa has hundreds of Superchargers (that charge our 300 mi (480km) range Model S fully in about 25 min for FREE) around the world... so road trips are possible. The superchargers are located generally at restaurants and stores, so charging wait-time isn't too bad. Currently, there's only one supercharger in Ireland (@Ballacolla), but there's plans for 2 more to be added by the end of the year and many more by next year.