• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Official Announcement: DAZ terminates agreement to publish HiveWire 3D animals!

No one is asking you to pick a side. You can go there, you can be here, you can even be at those other places. No one here will make you choose one over the others.

I hang out at most of them; the only one you rarely see me post in is the forums at Renderosity. Just can't take the dark colors and general slowness of the page loading there.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I hang out at most of them; the only one you rarely see me post in is the forums at Renderosity. Just can't take the dark colors and general slowness of the page loading there.
Oh see I don't mind the dark themes, it's the jumping the main page does every time I come out of one of the subforums, because of that stupid advert in the middle of the page. ~Sheesh~

Hornet3d

Wise
can I be like Switzerland and not choose a side? Or do I have to decide between here or there? This is not trying to start a flame war with a flamethrower but an honest question. I am not asking to rehash the issues?

I prefer to be a pacifist and rather not take sides. Not saying anyone is perfect as in cannot make any mistakes but I am also not saying someone can do no right.

I know someone who has a grudge against me I think. I do not know why nor can I remember anything about why. I understand the frustration of being seen that I can do no right.

I try my best not to hold grudges but that is partly due to my memory issues. Those memory issues are getting better I think.

The 3D art community is very wide and consists of artists who are all individuals and every artist is free to roam as they wish. I would strongly suggest not taking sides as it suggest that we may not be prepared to listen to a different view point, but that is just my personal suggestion. I would qualify that however by saying that others have had personal experiences I have not had and may have principles that are a lot stronger then mine, if such people do not spend their money at a particular place, for whatever reason I respect that but don't really see it as taking sides, more making life choices.

Just as some individuals love to roam others, such as me tend to stay where we feel welcome. I personally do not like flame wars or personal attacks so I choose to stay way from forums that include such trends. Like you seem to have found I have someone (maybe more than one) who has taken a grudge and tried to have me banned from one forum. I am no longer banned but I have decided not to go there as I do not feel wanted. That might be considered taking sides but from my point of view it is more a question on spending more time in places where I am happy.

I don't think have ever advised against something, my normal reaction is try it and see if it works for you. The nearest I think I got was when I suggested taking care buying from one marketplace (not Hivewire) as my card had been defrauded there more then once. I did say I had stopped buying but suggested others might proceeded with care. Again this might be seen as taking sides, my view is I would rather spend time having fun with renders than fraught negotiations with credit card companies.

Having said all that all I am expressing is a personal view and one from someone I accept that is often regarded as being different from your average man in the street. It works for me but I would certainly not try to get anyone on my side, his is more an explanation of why one might be critical while still not taking sides, but making personal choices.

Hornet3d

Wise
That's why I'm aginst what claims to be social justice these days. Especially all the political correctness going on on college campuses. You're supposed to be able to speak your mind, openly and freely. The moment you try to shut down opposition to your point of view, regardless of whether it's right or wrong, you become part of the problem you claim to hate so much.

It is a strange irony that many that profess to stand for the rights of others do so by trying to close down any discussion against their view and thereby try to deny others their right to free speech or a strange sort of free speech where it is only allowed if you are speaking in agreement.

Stezza

Dances with Bees
In my younger days my girlfriend said I had Roman hands and Russian fingers...

not sure what she meant by that or what it has to do with this topic other than you sparked a memory..... o_O :cautious: :)

Hornet3d

Wise
And so did "typing speed', but we are fine with it as long it doesn't totally take over the thread. Typing speed and Tesla are relatively "safe" topic drifts. When you start talking Social Justice and Free Speech, those topics can become highly passionate very quickly and would be best broken out on their own to be separate from THIS announcement thread which is also highly passionate.

Enjoy your day as well, @sean_martin !

I think it is fairly safe to say any thread on any forum that reaches 26 pages or more is going to meander a bit. That is what happens when a group of people get together to chat, it may start with the latest hot topic but before long you are trying to put the whole world to right. I like it that way, it feels natural and so I like the light touch that is applied here at Hivewire. The odd time that it has wandered too far for too long the thread has just been moved and the title changed, seems like a good way of working to me and no one should feel left out or ignored that way.

Stezza

Dances with Bees
As to timing and how long people have to pick up the HW3D Big Cat, Cub, Cougar and Black Panther while they are at Daz, we were given a 10 day termination notice which calculates out to midnight, August 6th, 2017. In keeping with Daz requirement to have products be exclusive to them, once the Big Cat, Cub, Cougar and Black Panther are removed from the Daz store we will reactivate them here in our store.

They are removed from Daz3D now... only CWRW panther texture remains from my search.

and they are all available in the store here at HW3D

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Animals are brilliant when it comes to finding their way through unfamiliar territory. Just totally amazing.

While humans can get lost just a block from home.

At least ... I can! More so since I moved to Philadelphia. At least in the Willamette Valley, I might not have known where I was, but as long as I could see the mountains, I had a pretty good idea whether I was headed North, South, East, or West. That and knowing where towns/cities fit on the little map in my head kept me from getting too lost. Here ... I have a rather vague map in my head that is basically states with a few cities dotted here and there (except for Oregon, Washington, and California). So ... when I see city signs or exit signs, it really isn't all that helpful since I have no idea where that city is in relation to where I live or where I'm going.

I should teach Tsuki to drive!

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
Animals are brilliant when it comes to finding their way through unfamiliar territory. Just totally amazing.

While humans can get lost just a block from home.

At least ... I can! More so since I moved to Philadelphia. At least in the Willamette Valley, I might not have known where I was, but as long as I could see the mountains, I had a pretty good idea whether I was headed North, South, East, or West. That and knowing where towns/cities fit on the little map in my head kept me from getting too lost. Here ... I have a rather vague map in my head that is basically states with a few cities dotted here and there (except for Oregon, Washington, and California). So ... when I see city signs or exit signs, it really isn't all that helpful since I have no idea where that city is in relation to where I live or where I'm going.

I should teach Tsuki to drive!

This is funny given what I witnessed locally yesterday...

It seems a very young cow jumped a fence. She was walking down a very busy, very dangerous 6 lane freeway when she was first spotted and reported on Facebook.

The poor Sheriff's Department chased that cow all over the county until 1 AM - over 10 hours.

The whole chase was captured on Facebook with residents reporting where the cow had escaped to with the Sheriff's Department in hot pursuit!

They would get close enough to tranquilizer her to get her home safely and she would bolt.

She was reported on the highway, then by an elementary school, then in a subdivision by the pool, in a pasture by the lake........everywhere in the county.

Probably the funniest thing I ever witnessed on Facebook. With the Sheriff himself joining in the fun reporting all the near misses while they chased the cow.

She is home safe now. And behind a more secure fence.

But the elementary school adopted a new mascot.

Michele

Eager
I read through all this a little while ago and it's a shame the deal with DAZ didn't work out -- and rather badly at that. Makes me a little frustrated and angry. The cat is still sitting in my wishlist here but I'm bumping it up priority-wise on my list of things I want to buy when I get some extra cash to spend again next month.

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
That definitely put a smile on my face. :)

The local Sheriff is hysterical. His Facebook post after spending all night chasing the cow: (Dr. Orr was the only vet in the county for many, many years - now semi-retired except for times like this)

After a successful "steak" out, the delinquent bovine is in cow jail. Apprehended off Buford Dam Road. Deputies were assisted by no other than the esteemed Dr Lanier Orr, he's one of a kind, thanks Doc. I'm going to get Judge Bagley to sentence her to wear a GPS ankle monitor from now on. This cow should run marathons

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
They are removed from Daz3D now... only CWRW panther texture remains from my search.

and they are all available in the store here at HW3D

LOL I think I am pretty much a forgotten afterthought for "those folks". I will contact them tom. since obviously there is no figure to link my support product to 'there":)