• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Official Announcement: DAZ terminates agreement to publish HiveWire 3D animals!

mininessie

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
My son told me it is a good car...well...he do not have one of course...but he knows better than me about cars.

Hornet3d

Wise
My only gripe is that people seem determined to believe that I don't like or even hate Genesis. I don't, but she doesn't work natively inside of Poser and I do hate jumping through hoops to get something to work, especially when I know there's a figure like Dawn around that does work natively in Poser.

You are not alone there, I can't say I hate Genesis, in fact I can't say anything about Genesis as I have never used it and that has nothing to do with who developed it and who markets it. For me any figure than means you have to jump through hoops to get it to work is a distraction from what I like doing most, creating renders. It is much the same reason that I buy content and not do the modelling myself (well other then the fact I have no skills at all in that aspect), I am more interested in generating the art than playing with the mechanics.

icedragonart

Admirable
My only gripe is that people seem determined to believe that I don't like or even hate Genesis. I don't, but she doesn't work natively inside of Poser and I do hate jumping through hoops to get something to work, especially when I know there's a figure like Dawn around that does work natively in Poser.

I did not know that Dawn works natively inside of Poser. I have Poser and really want to learn to use it but for some reason, for me, its not nearly as intuitive as Daz Studio is. Doesn't mean I will stop trying but its going very very slowly lol. I am assuming then that Dusk also works natively?

And, I am not actually a new member I've been here awhile, sometimes, its difficult to keep up with all of the places I want to be lol. I will be making it a point to stop by much more often though.

LisaB

HW3D Vice President & Queen Bee
Staff member
Co-Founder
I haven't gotten through all the pages of this thread yet, so it may have been covered- but if people bought the cats from Daz, when you do updated things for them, are you going to support the Daz purchases since they supported you? I mentioned you in my Art Studio thread (deliberately, so folks who weren't visiting the thread out in the Commons would get a heads up) and getting continued support was brought up by some thread regulars, also members here. I think it would be a good idea to do that, not sure how you would know who bought from there.

Absolutely! If you purchased at Daz and wish to remain "in the buzz" when it comes to figure updates and the like, please do feel free to email a copy of your Daz receipt to sales@hivewire3d.com. Our friendly worker bees will get a copy of every HW3D and CWRW Big Cat item you purchased at Daz added to your HiveWire 3D account.

I miss the days of Chris at DAz.

Is there a forum here to post problems with the forum that I may get suggestions on how to fix it? I don't want to clog this thread up trying to figure out why I'm not getting email notifications, but I am known for being half-blind at times (and not 'blind' in the Aussie vernacular...) so I may be missing something.

@Jakiblue , It's so good to see you here! :). One thing a lot of people don't understand and something that creates some confusion is our "e-bots" telling you there is a new post in a thread you are subscribed to ... those emails contain the entire message that was posted in the thread, whereas in other forums, you only get a portion of the message and you have to click through to read the entire thing.

This has frustrated me quite a few times when I'd read the replies in my email but had never visited the actual forum thread to "register" with the forum that I was "all caught up" and to tell it to "send me notifications of new replies".

This is a different method than most forums use. We are choosing to use it the way we are because we like that we can see the full text of a reply right in our email. At the same time, if we forget to go and visit the actual thread, we won't get any more "ebot" emails. This could be what you are coming up against.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
At the same time, if we forget to go and visit the actual thread, we won't get any more "ebot" emails. This could be what you are coming up against.
Oh yes, I've come across that at other forums as well. If you don't go and visit the thread, the e-bots assume you've been notified so why bother notifying you again. Once you DO go visit the thread, then you'll get another email telling you about the new message, but not ALL new messages that came in after the post that initiated the email. I hope that made sense.

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
I did not know that Dawn works natively inside of Poser. I have Poser and really want to learn to use it but for some reason, for me, its not nearly as intuitive as Daz Studio is. Doesn't mean I will stop trying but its going very very slowly lol. I am assuming then that Dusk also works natively?

And, I am not actually a new member I've been here awhile, sometimes, its difficult to keep up with all of the places I want to be lol. I will be making it a point to stop by much more often though.

That's great :) Others have mentioned Dawn, Dusk and the HW Animals.

ALL products created by HiveWire come with both native DS and Poser versions...so morphs, hair, clothing, materials, etc., as well as the figures! Cool, huh?

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
I am not going to criticize other stores. And I am going to deliberately spend more money at Hivewire. Why?
  • The community and store people are respectful and positive
  • They offer support that doesn't assume that I am an idiot
  • The quality of their models
  • They offer more normal clothes that aren't gravitation-defying skimpy
  • They seem very ethical.

Interesting fact - I have 16,400 some items in the DAZ installation Manager.
Welcome to the Hive.. you will love it here! Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzz :p

icedragonart

Admirable
That's great :) Others have mentioned Dawn, Dusk and the HW Animals.

ALL products created by HiveWire come with both native DS and Poser versions...so morphs, hair, clothing, materials, etc., as well as the figures! Cool, huh?

Very cool, thanks!

Hornet3d

Wise
Well having done my knee in, which has restricted my movement somewhat, I am forced to sit and take things quiet so, not wanting to get bored I have powered up Poser. One things leads to another, and having already spent most of this months budget at Hivewire, I have now gone and spent what was left and half of next months as well. I blame Mininessie and Lully for this latest expense. It is not that I have decided not to buy from Daz, but this week has reminded me that Hivewire deserve my custom a lot more than Daz do.

mdbruffy

Enthusiast
I hate to say it, But I pretty much expected it after what happened with Vanishing Point. I've heard that Daz is in a real mess right now both financially and personel-wise. I'm surprised they're still operating.

CNorth

Enthusiast
I have to be honest. I will rather spend my hard-earned money here than at Daz. They are greedy if you ask me and only support Daz. Here there's stuff for Poser users too, thank you for that

Szark

Awesome
this what happens when one doesn't come out of one's cave often. So sorry to hear this, seemed like good plan to create a little more revenue and exposure. I am not going to bad mouth anyone...waste of energy but I will say someone has lost the plot over there.

I don't buy much at all these days. But when I get a chance I intend to buy many animals no matter where they reside.

scatha

Adventurous
DAZ these days is about as reliable as a wooden nickel, they also fired syyd raven after smoothing over the RDNA merger. I bet they're just ticked off that the animals were of better quality then theirs.

Terre

Renowned
Sad development. It sounded like a good idea for both companies to me. It was an unfortunate move for those who refuse to buy from Daz (I know several) but I did hope it would work out.

Hornet3d

Wise
awww...you are my first customer here!
i will have to look about a little gift for you ;)

Nice thought, but there is no need for a gift it really was my pleasure. I watched the thread as you were creating them and I am amazed at the poses you have achieved. The second skin are really the icing on the cake but I know I am going to make a lot of use of them.

Hornet3d

Wise
I have to be honest. I will rather spend my hard-earned money here than at Daz. They are greedy if you ask me and only support Daz. Here there's stuff for Poser users too, thank you for that

I like the products here but clearly I would not buy them if I did not have a use for them, but I do feel a lot happier spending here then elsewhere. Here I am supporting people who still make content for Poser but not at the expense of those that use DS. Not only that I am supporting the team that are trying to build bridges not isolation. Last but definitely not least, I am supporting a group of individuals who chat together, help each other and otherwise have a good laugh and in doing so I am supporting the type of community I want to see, and be part of.