• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Nature's Wonders Sneak Peek Thread

Ken Gilliland

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
The Lizard Series update is live in the store now. That update includes a standalone DAZ Studio Version (w/3Delight and Iray) plus Superfly support for Poser 11. The Moths series update (with similar changes) should occur within the next week or two.

As far as Songbird ReMix updates, you won't see any of those until my Audubon Sale but I will update everyone occasionally on the progress. Currently, I'm finishing up the Birds of Prey series and running some tests (and correcting/enhancing textures) on the original "Songbird ReMix" volume.

Last edited:

quietrob

Extraordinary
Thank-you everyone and Merry Christmas... I didn't do any holiday renders this year so I'll recycle last years image using the HW Horse and Dusk, Laurie's Demin pack and my Sagebrush habitat (with the snow machine python script) and some of my SBRM birds.

View attachment 33561

The Dragonflies v1 and Lizards will show up between Christmas and New Years'. I've also just updated the Moth series. While that series did have a DS native format, but wasn't in the same format as my more current products (with separate Iray/3Delight property folders) and the Poser side didn't have a Superfly version. I also added online links to the manuals. This update will probably show up after New Years. I strongly suggest before installing the Moth and/or Lizard series updates, deleting the old product folders since the update version has a different directory tree.

Just pinging again because everyone deserves a shot at that snow machine! I can't wait to try it!

Ken Gilliland

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Moth Update... if you have any of my Moth sets-- Redownload them, they've all been updated to support Iray and Superfly (as well as having standalone DS versions).

Jan

Adventurous
Ken, I re-downloaded the base product Frogs of the World for the update to the Poser edition.

I am confused with some of the folders in Pose and Materials. The original one is labelled Giant Moths, the new update folder is called Moths of the world which contains the Firefly and Superfly and poses. The previous folder has a Human sized versions file also, the new one does not.

The material folder has a new labelled file called Moths of the World, the original was called Giant Moths.

Which files do you need to use now and which of the original version are safe to delete.

Have you also updated the Frogs of the World.

Thanks, Jan

Ken Gilliland

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Ken, I re-downloaded the base product Frogs of the World for the update to the Poser edition.

I am confused with some of the folders in Pose and Materials. The original one is labelled Giant Moths, the new update folder is called Moths of the world which contains the Firefly and Superfly and poses. The previous folder has a Human sized versions file also, the new one does not.

The material folder has a new labelled file called Moths of the World, the original was called Giant Moths.

Which files do you need to use now and which of the original version are safe to delete.

Have you also updated the Frogs of the World.

Thanks, Jan

I did rename the moth set folders in the update to "Moths of the World" so it matches the other sets (Frogs of the World, Lizards of the World).
"Giant Moths" is now an old folder and can be removed "IF" you have updated all the moth sets.

Lizards and Kiwi Burrow were also updated (for Iray, SF) too as part of my library modernization project. Since Frogs as created in this newer format, there's been no update for those sets. I will be eventually updating other sets and moving them to the "Nature's Wonders" line. Among those will be Duck Pond, O'hai Lehua, Hummingbird Garden and a few others. No timeline has been set of those but I wouldn't expect those for some time as I'm currently working on the entire SBRM library.

Reactions: Jan

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Just to note - the human size moths were removed a year ago. It's noted in the ReadMe file that if you want them you can keep them, but you can just scale the moths up as well.

AlphinaNovaStar

Energetic
Frustrated with getting the 3delight materials right for the ant sets, I moved towards my supplemental set ideas...

With 12 different species of ant and 30 individual characters (different subspecies, soldiers, workers, etc) in the set, I decided that additional items should be grouped into another set or as "Sweet Deals". My additional plans are prop based ant lines and groups, an ant hill environment (that could blend into my habitat sets), a giant ant Dawn/Dusk could ride with conforming ant wings (that will work for the small ones too), food/seeds/more leaves and the item I worked on yesterday, "My Ants House" (wip shown). There are numerous ant habitats out there-- I tried to pattern my model after the "King" (Ant Farm), but at a distance most competitors have taken to avoid trademark issues. It appears that the "farm" background is the key identifier in "Ant Farm".

View attachment 29924

This will probably be a character-based prop since the feeding plugs and top frame are built to be removable. The sand texture could be replaced with a "gel" one-- the latest fad in ant keeping. I'lll probably add, via a displacement map, the name "My Ants House" to the base piece. And, yes, the tunneling is different on the other side.
I know this is an old post but saw the picture of the ant farm and wondering if it exists now?

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Something odd yesterday.

I needed a dragonfly in an illo, so I went to the DS library, tried to load it, and it claimed that it didn't exist. all the thumbnails were there, and the data files were all where they belonged.

I worked around it by loading the .cr2 from the Poser version. The Studio morphs and textures all applied once it was there. But I've no idea why Studio couldn't find it in its own data files.

quietrob

Extraordinary
Strange. Everyone got a dragonfly with the free 3d Starter pack. The Poser runtime is obviously linked to it or you couldn't have loaded it. Still, DS has some great features but I've never been able to quickly find what I need. Just wondering, I have the fastest browser tested (The New Firefox) as my library in Poser. Can DS use an external browser for it's library? It's made searching for things so much easier.

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Yeah, I've redownloaded the whole lot of that package, the bases and Volume 1. I'd expected that a reinstall is in order.

I do have Noggins's old dragon flies as well. But I wanted to use these.