• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Nature's Wonders Sneak Peek Thread

Ken Gilliland

Dances with Bees
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Here's a "real" render-- I'm done with modeling and am finally tweaking materials. Here's a Firefly render...

bigcypressfinal.jpg

Ken Gilliland

Dances with Bees
HW3D Exclusive Artist
a "gator"-- from AM's Alligator and Caiman set... but at the Big Cypress National Preserve they have both the American Alligator and American Crocodile... In the background, there's a red-bellied woodpecker on the tree. I wish (hint, hint) there was a Florida Panther model (the FL panther looks very close to a cougar). It would have looked great stalking through the trees in this image.

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
I'm looking forward to this set, both for a setting for birds, but also for B&B's Venus flytrap/pitcher plants, etc... a swamp can be a "creepy place" too, for the Creepy Kid... ideas abound! LOL!! Hope the ground will stand up to CLOSE up renders like your desert habitats! :)

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
a "gator"-- from AM's Alligator and Caiman set... but at the Big Cypress National Preserve they have both the American Alligator and American Crocodile... In the background, there's a red-bellied woodpecker on the tree. I wish (hint, hint) there was a Florida Panther model (the FL panther looks very close to a cougar). It would have looked great stalking through the trees in this image.

Agreed. The Cougar is supposed to be right after the Kitten for the House Cat.

Your work is great stuff Ken!

Ken Gilliland

Dances with Bees
HW3D Exclusive Artist
I'm slowly moving forward on the Big Cypress set.... As with the other sets, creating materials for each the 4 renderers (iray, superfly, 3delight and firefly) is almost as much work as creating the models and textures... Waiting on hi-res renders to see if the materials are working is time consuming!

All next week will be a wash with me hosting two Thanksgivings (Thursday=family, Friday=friends), so I'll pick-up work again the last week of November.

Here's a render in Superfly of the included Buttonbush...
Render 7.jpg

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
As with the other sets, creating materials for each the 4 renderers (iray, superfly, 3delight and firefly) is almost as much work as creating the models and textures... Waiting on hi-res renders to see if the materials are working is time consuming!

SOOOOOO true!!!! A big part of why it takes me so long to get products done too. And I'm only doing the textures and imagery!:)

But wow! This is simply gorgeous Ken!!! Worth the wait!

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
My goodness. I don't know how you handle doing so much of this work solo. This bush work looks amazing. I'm sure it's very efficient too, knowing you.

Impressive work.

Enjoy that feast you're preparing. Very elaborate stuff there too that you do as a solo effort. I just throw stuff in a crock pot is about all I'm capable of.

Ken Gilliland

Dances with Bees
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Thanks Chris... while this one is efficient, it's still a monster at about 83k polygons-- there's no way to make all those flower spikes without expending lots of polygons. Each spike is only one polygon but there's over 65,000 of them :geek: