• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Nature's Wonders Sneak Peek Thread

Ken Gilliland

Dances with Bees
HW3D Exclusive Artist
In wrapping up the Big Cypress set for the store, I found an odd issue that's pretty specific. Evidently, Nvidia messed up some coding in their late October-November drivers for their higher end products (such as my GeForce 1080 card) according to the Poser 11 team. With rendering large scene with a physical renderer, it is prone to TDR crashes (a nasty computer reset crash). Fortunately, they have resolved most of the problem with their latest driver (Nov 27), although they recommend a complete DDU (Display Driver Uninstall) BEFORE installing the new driver. My computer, even with the new driver install, kept crashing until I did a DDU.

I should repeat this clearly, the issue seems to be directed at Supefly/Iray renders that use a lot of memory and with using high-end Nvidia cards. I had done numerous 3Delight and Firefly renders without issue.

Ken Gilliland

Dances with Bees
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Now, that Big Cypress is complete, I can finally start to have some fun with it... here's a Firefly render with a lot of birds

BCH_FF1.jpg

What are the birds? From Woodpeckers (Red-bellied Woodpecker), from Wild Turkey (Florida Turkey), from Shorebirds 1 & 2 (Roseate Spoonbill and Great Blue Heron) and from Waterfowl 1 (Red-headed and Mallard ducks)

Last edited:

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
trying to find the download of you dark eyed juncos...found page but it does not go to the actual download.... Help? TY!

Ken Gilliland

Dances with Bees
HW3D Exclusive Artist
trying to find the download of you dark eyed juncos...found page but it does not go to the actual download.... Help? TY!

I just downloaded them... go to my SBRM store page (Songbird ReMix Products Page 1) and under the "Songbird ReMix Base Set" product, click the "Downloads: Click for List" triangle. You'll get a drop-down list, highlight "Dark-eyed Juncos" and they'll download.

I created another Big Cypress image using a couple animal models I have (plus my birds). AM's alligators, the DAZ Big Cat2 and Squirrel (with my own custom map to make the Big Cypress Fox Squirrel) are featured as well as my Roseate Spoonbills, Snowy Egrets and Ivory-billed Woodpeckers (now extinct, but once endemic to the area).

BCH_FFtest2.jpg

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I think I asked, but don't remember (getting older s*cks), but where did you get the crock/alligator?

Ken Gilliland

Dances with Bees
HW3D Exclusive Artist
I think I asked, but don't remember (getting older s*cks), but where did you get the crock/alligator?

It's Allessadro's (AM) set, "Crocodilia 1 Alligator and Caiman", sold at the "other" place. In the manual, I do list the common "fauna" found in the area. I think his snapping turtle model might be at home at Big Cypress too.

--

I should mention that I did a couple things on this render. I used the "!preload center" base as a start. I added a second "BCH2" part and rotated it to give the branch and rock in the water look. I also increased the displacement from 0.1 to 0.3 on the ground texture (BCH1). While that much displacement doesn't look that good close up-- it looks great on mid-range camera angles.

Last edited:

Ken Gilliland

Dances with Bees
HW3D Exclusive Artist
I forgot to add that FlintHawk made 30 Poser cameras for the "!Preload Center" Prop. They do work in DAZ Studio (although you'll need to go to the Poser Runtime to access them). I have them in my Nature's Wonders freebies (direct download or store page)

Last edited:

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
It's Allessadro's (AM) set, "Crocodilia 1 Alligator and Caiman", sold at the "other" place. In the manual, I do list the common "fauna" found in the area. I think his snapping turtle model might be at home at Big Cypress too.
AHA! Now I remember. Thanks, I'll have to check them out.

I should mention that I did a couple things on this render. I used the "!preload center" base as a start. I added a second "BCH2" part and rotated it to give the branch and rock in the water look. I also increased the displacement from 0.1 to 0.3 on the ground texture (BCH1). While that much displacement doesn't look that good close up-- it looks great on mid-range camera angles.
Makikng notes. ;)