• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Nature's Wonders Sneak Peek Thread

Ken Gilliland

Dances with Bees
HW3D Exclusive Artist
here's a visual update on my latest project... You'll see that most of the branch/trunk seams are fixed on the Bald Cypress as well as the non-deciduous (with needles) option on the tree. The Cardinal Airplant, Ghost Orchids and Swamp Ferns as done. Next on the to-do list are the Spanish moss drapes on the branches.

Render 3.jpg

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
Going with Miss B and CWRW on this one! I can never have enough high-quality environments and this one is ticking all the boxes! Sweet work Ken. :applause:

Ken Gilliland

Dances with Bees
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Since I have some plants done, I thought it was about time to plant them so I modeled the base today...

The base will have 3 parts; a water plane, the ground and "back forest" backdrop (which will be a dense forest cut-out that should work well with a sky dome)
I obviously need to texture the base set-- also add in more ferns and some sort of shrub and grass.

bigcypresstest1.jpg bigcypresstest2.jpg

Ken Gilliland

Dances with Bees
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Today, I painted in the "backing forest" plane, added a sky dome and replaced the ground texture with a simple procedural grass material. I'll probably do a painted texture for the ground in the final version. My next step will be adding in more plants to the forest floor and more duckweed on the water surface.

bigcypresstest3.jpg

Last edited:

Szark

Awesome
here's a visual update on my latest project... You'll see that most of the branch/trunk seams are fixed on the Bald Cypress as well as the non-deciduous (with needles) option on the tree. The Cardinal Airplant, Ghost Orchids and Swamp Ferns as done. Next on the to-do list are the Spanish moss drapes on the branches.

View attachment 17997
Nice modeling and texturing of the trees Ken. Much better than a lot of trees out there for the Poser and DS markets where the branches meet the truck and so on. Can't wait to get my hands on this one when it is finished.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Looks great Ken. It looks so realistic, I can almost reach out and feel it. ;)