Nature's Wonders Sneak Peek Thread

Discussion in 'Show Me The Honey' started by Ken Gilliland, Dec 22, 2015.

1. Ken Gilliland

Ken Gilliland Extraordinary HW3D Exclusive Artist

The Lizard Series update is live in the store now. That update includes a standalone DAZ Studio Version (w/3Delight and Iray) plus Superfly support for Poser 11. The Moths series update (with similar changes) should occur within the next week or two.

As far as Songbird ReMix updates, you won't see any of those until my Audubon Sale but I will update everyone occasionally on the progress. Currently, I'm finishing up the Birds of Prey series and running some tests (and correcting/enhancing textures) on the original "Songbird ReMix" volume.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2018
  2. RAMWolff

RAMWolff Wolff Playing with Beez! Contributing Artist

Thanks so much Ken!

3. Carey

Carey Extraordinary

love the leaf texture for sure!

Ken Gilliland likes this.
  4. Carey

Carey Extraordinary

a nice rich tree texture

Ken Gilliland likes this.
  5. quietrob

quietrob Extraordinary

Just pinging again because everyone deserves a shot at that snow machine! I can't wait to try it!

6. Ken Gilliland

Moth Update... if you have any of my Moth sets-- Redownload them, they've all been updated to support Iray and Superfly (as well as having standalone DS versions).

Miss B and Rae134 like this.
  7. Jan

Jan Eager

Ken, I re-downloaded the base product Frogs of the World for the update to the Poser edition.

I am confused with some of the folders in Pose and Materials. The original one is labelled Giant Moths, the new update folder is called Moths of the world which contains the Firefly and Superfly and poses. The previous folder has a Human sized versions file also, the new one does not.

The material folder has a new labelled file called Moths of the World, the original was called Giant Moths.

Which files do you need to use now and which of the original version are safe to delete.

Have you also updated the Frogs of the World.

Thanks, Jan

8. Ken Gilliland

I did rename the moth set folders in the update to "Moths of the World" so it matches the other sets (Frogs of the World, Lizards of the World).
    "Giant Moths" is now an old folder and can be removed "IF" you have updated all the moth sets.

Lizards and Kiwi Burrow were also updated (for Iray, SF) too as part of my library modernization project. Since Frogs as created in this newer format, there's been no update for those sets. I will be eventually updating other sets and moving them to the "Nature's Wonders" line. Among those will be Duck Pond, O'hai Lehua, Hummingbird Garden and a few others. No timeline has been set of those but I wouldn't expect those for some time as I'm currently working on the entire SBRM library.

Jan likes this.
  9. Alisa

Alisa HW3D QAV Queen Bee Staff Member QAV-BEE

Just to note - the human size moths were removed a year ago. It's noted in the ReadMe file that if you want them you can keep them, but you can just scale the moths up as well.

10. Jan

Jan Eager

Thanks Ken and Alisa for clearing that up.

11. Ken Gilliland

quietrob and Rae134 like this.
  12. Satira Capriccio

Satira Capriccio Distinguished CV-BEE Contributing Artist

Thanks Ken. That was an interesting read.

13. AlphinaNovaStar

AlphinaNovaStar Energetic

I know this is an old post but saw the picture of the ant farm and wondering if it exists now?

14. Ken Gilliland

15. AlphinaNovaStar

AlphinaNovaStar Energetic

16. JOdel

JOdel Extraordinary HW Honey Bear

Something odd yesterday.

I needed a dragonfly in an illo, so I went to the DS library, tried to load it, and it claimed that it didn't exist. all the thumbnails were there, and the data files were all where they belonged.

I worked around it by loading the .cr2 from the Poser version. The Studio morphs and textures all applied once it was there. But I've no idea why Studio couldn't find it in its own data files.

Dakorillon (IMArts) likes this.
  17. Ken Gilliland

Strange... perhaps the data files was corrupted... I'd suggest reinstalling it if the problem persists

18. quietrob

quietrob Extraordinary

Strange. Everyone got a dragonfly with the free 3d Starter pack. The Poser runtime is obviously linked to it or you couldn't have loaded it. Still, DS has some great features but I've never been able to quickly find what I need. Just wondering, I have the fastest browser tested (The New Firefox) as my library in Poser. Can DS use an external browser for it's library? It's made searching for things so much easier.

19. JOdel

JOdel Extraordinary HW Honey Bear

Yeah, I've redownloaded the whole lot of that package, the bases and Volume 1. I'd expected that a reinstall is in order.

I do have Noggins's old dragon flies as well. But I wanted to use these.

20. quietrob

quietrob Extraordinary

Are you looking for a specific dragonfly? One that move it's wings?