• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Members Mugs (Mugshots)

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
One thing I find striking about this thread is how many people have said they don't have a single recent photo of themselves.
I think for many of us that's intentional because we don't like being photographed ;)

Usually I take the pictures when we go somewhere and I'm not generally in them.
I look like a boat ;)

LOL!

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
One thing I find striking about this thread is how many people have said they don't have a single recent photo of themselves. My father was a keen photographer, and both my grandfathers before him. Although film was scarce during and just after the war, and a roll might have to last a year or two, there's no major event in our family that doesn't have at least one photo of it. Mrs. Bob is also a photographer (the second photo I posted of me is taken by her) and so is my daughter, so I guess coming from a family of photographers it's surprising for me to realise that there are many things in the world that haven't been photographed.
I have an old Canon A1 film camera, but I haven't done any photography since I stopped traveling many years ago, and my friend's wedding was the only "event" at which folks would take photographs I've attended in the past 20 or so years, so not surprising for me to not have many recent photographs of me, or anyone else.

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
One thing I find striking about this thread is how many people have said they don't have a single recent photo of themselves. My father was a keen photographer, and both my grandfathers before him. Although film was scarce during and just after the war, and a roll might have to last a year or two, there's no major event in our family that doesn't have at least one photo of it. Mrs. Bob is also a photographer (the second photo I posted of me is taken by her) and so is my daughter, so I guess coming from a family of photographers it's surprising for me to realise that there are many things in the world that haven't been photographed.

I'm usually the one behind the camera taking the photographs. Mostly because I absolutely hate, hate having photos of me taken. First off, I'm much heavier than society "approves of" because of a host of medical conditions + genetics, and photos of me seem to make it look even worse than it actually is. Secondly, I just don't like being photographed for a number of other reasons having to do with earlier life experiences; it leaves me feeling like I'm being put on display or as though I'm an object and not a person... none of that makes me want to cooperate with being photographed.

There are a few photos of me out of necessity; things like a single wedding photo because my Bear really wanted it, a couple of photos around when our daughter was born. Then there's the ones I posted in this thread... and that's really about it. When cameras come out, I tend to disappear quickly, or else I tend to snatch the camera and do the photographing instead.

I also don't tend to be the sort that smiles a lot. I'm actually very stoic offline and in real life; I have facial expressions, but they are subtle and smiles are extremely rare for me. So that will also affect how I look in a photo, as most people are attracted to the smiling type of photo, and not the others. But it's just who and what/how I am. I smile rarely. It doesn't mean I'm not happy or content, it just means I don't give a lot of exterior expression to how I feel. This is typical for the people I grew up with/around - we all do this.

I mostly only submit to being photographed if my Bear or my daughter really beg for it... or if it's a situation that I can't avoid the photo in. Beyond that, though... no. LOL

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
That's me too, Seliah. I loathe being photographed. I have got over the extreme phobia I had to now just loathing it. And avoiding it by always being the photographer ;)

Rokket

Dances with Bees
I just ran away from 3 or 4 photo ops today! I can't stand having my picture taken.

I have around 2,500 pictures on my laptop of my wife, kids, mother, brothers and sisters.

I am in 5 of them, and the newest one is 2001, when my daughter was born.

Cdl

Inspired
Here is one of me taken last year working hard, the strain of the job was too much so i left the job and the country :p
11148468_10205840723511171_1902984688865056594_n.jpg

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
There are lots of pictures of me, but they are almost all of me in the theatre. I thought this one was rather nice to share though, it's from a production of Twelve Angry Jurors (Twelve Angry Men, with a mixed gender cast) from a few months ago. Although I'm actually counting votes in this picture, it reminds me of a surreal on stage moment I had one performance. You see I never paint my finger nails, or have long nails, but I had fake nails for this show because it was so right for my character. Anyway, one night I looked down at my nails and thought, "Wow! What great specularity on my fingernails." Then I thought, "Wait, this isn't a render." But you know it was art so. . .

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Nice photo GG, and as far as seeing your artwork in R/L, I've done that more often than not. It's amazing how our minds are so focused, we see things like lighting, colors and composition in everything we do.

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
Nice photo GG, and as far as seeing your artwork in R/L, I've done that more often than not. It's amazing how our minds are so focused, we see things like lighting, colors and composition in everything we do.

Thanks. Most of the time I try to do the opposite, try to look at real life to observe poses, textures, face shapes, etc. But sometimes my brain goes in reverse.

Ok I'll post a pic of my family from the day we got our keys for our new home. You wouldn't believe how hard it is to squeeze 4 peeps into a selfie? lol. This is my Hubby(Pete) & I in the back, my oldest son David (dark hair), and my youngest son Dwayne (light hair). This was taken last January.
McClain selfie -first pic at new house2016.JPG

& this is my sons Dwayne (sitting up) & David (sprawled) at Cantwell Cliffs in Ohio. This was taken this past Saturday. (I also hide behind the camera.)

Dwayne and David-Cantwell Cliffs 2016.JPG