1. We are upgrading to a 2.0 version of our forum as this 1.5 version is no longer supported. Please look at your bookmarks if you have them and note them in a text document as the import process for bookmarks may not work correctly. We will have bookmarks in the 2.0 version so you will be able to recreate whatever may be lost in the upgrade. Everything else appears to have come across fine in our initial tests. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Members Mugs (Mugshots)

Discussion in 'The Meadow' started by Alisa, Jan 5, 2016.

1. Alisa

Alisa HW3D QAV Queen Bee QAV-BEE

I think for many of us that's intentional because we don't like being photographed ;)

Usually I take the pictures when we go somewhere and I'm not generally in them.
    LOL!

2. Miss B

Miss B Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time CV-BEE

I have an old Canon A1 film camera, but I haven't done any photography since I stopped traveling many years ago, and my friend's wedding was the only "event" at which folks would take photographs I've attended in the past 20 or so years, so not surprising for me to not have many recent photographs of me, or anyone else.

3. Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Seliah (Childe of Fyre) Running with the wolves. CV-BEE Contributing Artist

I'm usually the one behind the camera taking the photographs. Mostly because I absolutely hate, hate having photos of me taken. First off, I'm much heavier than society "approves of" because of a host of medical conditions + genetics, and photos of me seem to make it look even worse than it actually is. Secondly, I just don't like being photographed for a number of other reasons having to do with earlier life experiences; it leaves me feeling like I'm being put on display or as though I'm an object and not a person... none of that makes me want to cooperate with being photographed.

There are a few photos of me out of necessity; things like a single wedding photo because my Bear really wanted it, a couple of photos around when our daughter was born. Then there's the ones I posted in this thread... and that's really about it. When cameras come out, I tend to disappear quickly, or else I tend to snatch the camera and do the photographing instead.

I also don't tend to be the sort that smiles a lot. I'm actually very stoic offline and in real life; I have facial expressions, but they are subtle and smiles are extremely rare for me. So that will also affect how I look in a photo, as most people are attracted to the smiling type of photo, and not the others. But it's just who and what/how I am. I smile rarely. It doesn't mean I'm not happy or content, it just means I don't give a lot of exterior expression to how I feel. This is typical for the people I grew up with/around - we all do this.

I mostly only submit to being photographed if my Bear or my daughter really beg for it... or if it's a situation that I can't avoid the photo in. Beyond that, though... no. LOL

Rae134 and Lorraine like this.
  4. Lorraine

Lorraine The Wicked Witch of the North CV-BEE

That's me too, Seliah. I loathe being photographed. I have got over the extreme phobia I had to now just loathing it. And avoiding it by always being the photographer ;)

5. Rokket

Rokket Dances with Bees

I just ran away from 3 or 4 photo ops today! I can't stand having my picture taken.

I have around 2,500 pictures on my laptop of my wife, kids, mother, brothers and sisters.

I am in 5 of them, and the newest one is 2001, when my daughter was born.

Lorraine likes this.
  6. Cdl

Cdl Inspired

Here is one of me taken last year working hard, the strain of the job was too much so i left the job and the country :p
    11148468_10205840723511171_1902984688865056594_n.jpg

7. Miss B

Nice photo Cdl. :)

8. Gadget Girl

Gadget Girl Extraordinary Contributing Artist

There are lots of pictures of me, but they are almost all of me in the theatre. I thought this one was rather nice to share though, it's from a production of Twelve Angry Jurors (Twelve Angry Men, with a mixed gender cast) from a few months ago. Although I'm actually counting votes in this picture, it reminds me of a surreal on stage moment I had one performance. You see I never paint my finger nails, or have long nails, but I had fake nails for this show because it was so right for my character. Anyway, one night I looked down at my nails and thought, "Wow! What great specularity on my fingernails." Then I thought, "Wait, this isn't a render." But you know it was art so. . .

[​IMG]

Dan30, RAMWolff, kobaltkween and 5 others like this.
  9. Miss B

Nice photo GG, and as far as seeing your artwork in R/L, I've done that more often than not. It's amazing how our minds are so focused, we see things like lighting, colors and composition in everything we do.

10. Gadget Girl

Gadget Girl Extraordinary Contributing Artist

Thanks. Most of the time I try to do the opposite, try to look at real life to observe poses, textures, face shapes, etc. But sometimes my brain goes in reverse.

11. Miss B

Oh I've done that too, especially when I see a nice piece of clothing. ;)

12. ronknights

ronknights Eager

I got my 2nd haircut since September of 2014. Thought I'd share the photo here!

Haircut 03May16sm.jpg

13. LadyRaine

LadyRaine Admirable

ok here it is a once in a lifetime pic of the real ladyraine (they are very rare)

this is from 2014 [​IMG] and as you see I don't really have pink hair :oops::laugh:

14. Miss B

Nice pic LadyRaine. :)

LadyRaine likes this.
  15. LadyRaine

LadyRaine Admirable

:D Thank you Miss B

16. Pendraia

Pendraia Seasoned Contributing Artist

Lovely shot LadyRaine...

LadyRaine likes this.
  17. ronknights

ronknights Eager

LadyRaine, you have a wonderful smile.

LadyRaine likes this.
  18. Alisa

Alisa HW3D QAV Queen Bee QAV-BEE

Cdl, GG, Ron LadyRaine -

LOVE the images!!

LadyRaine likes this.
  19. ronknights

ronknights Eager

Thanks, Alisa!

20. Guardian Angel 671

Guardian Angel 671 Motivated

Ok I'll post a pic of my family from the day we got our keys for our new home. You wouldn't believe how hard it is to squeeze 4 peeps into a selfie? lol. This is my Hubby(Pete) & I in the back, my oldest son David (dark hair), and my youngest son Dwayne (light hair). This was taken last January.
    McClain selfie -first pic at new house2016.JPG
    & this is my sons Dwayne (sitting up) & David (sprawled) at Cantwell Cliffs in Ohio. This was taken this past Saturday. (I also hide behind the camera.)

Dwayne and David-Cantwell Cliffs 2016.JPG