• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Members Mugs (Mugshots)

mininessie

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
i can understand the feeeling...but other people like to see how the people to whom they talk looks!

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
For the last few years there's been a cruiser lady who just did not get the message when I asked her to please stop pointing her camera at me. So last year I told her I was going to take pictures of her colon with it. Funny, I don't have any problems anymore ;)

English Bob

Adventurous
It's always the same in these threads - nobody looks like you imagined them. Now I've looked at your pictures, I feel morally obliged to post one of me. It's so old that although electricity had been discovered, colour photography had yet to be invented. :)

mininessie

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
yes...really we are not as imagined...but that don´t mind...is good to see a face with the name!
good pic yours!

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Oh, the guitar!! My Bear would be envious... he plays electric bass. :)

Nice to see the photo... I might not like mine taken, but I did concede and post a couple earlier on. It was only fair, as you said, after viewing others!

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Very nice! We have a lot of instruments in this house, so I apologize if I seem a little over-enthusiastic. Arts, music, and crafts are big with all three of us here. We all do some or all of it. ^_^

Guitar players are ten a penny, bass players who can show up sober and keep roughly in time are more in demand.

Always a bonus when the player is sober AND good at what he does. Bear doesn't play professionally; he's content to just break the instruments out at home and see how far he can crank the amp before his wolf starts threatening to chew on the chord. LOL

I like listening to him play. I just also like my ear drums in one piece. :D

English Bob

Adventurous
I apologize if I seem a little over-enthusiastic.

No apology should ever be required for enthusiasm!

Although I do play in front of people I don't know from time to time, I'd hardly call it professional by any definition of the term. If I break even on the travel expenses, that's a good gig. If it ever became a paying job it would stop being fun: very much the same attitude I have to graphics creation.

Carey

Extraordinary
I mainly play bass these days. My old fingers don't move as quickly as they used to, and besides, my guitar playing is... Unusual... :) I find you get more gigs on bass anyway. Guitar players are ten a penny, bass players who can show up sober and keep roughly in time are more in demand.

keeping in time, yea that is the real trick....lol

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
I did post a picture in the pet thread of me with a snake...love seeing the pictures everyone has posted here.

Those tigers are amazing Ghostman!

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Pen you should post it here, too :) Snake and all.

Nice birds (can't tell what you look like behind the camera, Carey :)) and nice pics, EB & Ghostman. LOVE those tigers!

Hey, all of you, I HATE HATE having my picture taken, too, but if you will all notice, I actually posted some of myself in starting this thread in the new forum...so be brave and show us what you look like :) . And tempting as it is to edit the one Chris posted and cut myself out, I've managed to restrain myself :p

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
As I said on the old forum, I don't have any pictures of me that aren't at least 40 years old. Needless to say, I don't look quite the same anymore.

A friend's sister-in-law took a picture of me dancing with her husband at my friend's wedding 16 years ago, but unfortunately they now live in South Dakota, and I've never seen any of them, so don't think I have anything half way current.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
I'll think of doing another one for here Alisa...I don't really like that photo. Posted it more for the snake than anything else.

English Bob

Adventurous
One thing I find striking about this thread is how many people have said they don't have a single recent photo of themselves. My father was a keen photographer, and both my grandfathers before him. Although film was scarce during and just after the war, and a roll might have to last a year or two, there's no major event in our family that doesn't have at least one photo of it. Mrs. Bob is also a photographer (the second photo I posted of me is taken by her) and so is my daughter, so I guess coming from a family of photographers it's surprising for me to realise that there are many things in the world that haven't been photographed.