• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

WIP MEC4D - Creations for Dawn 2 and Dusk 2 , work in progress

AnimaGemini

Living in the clouds
Contributing Artist
Thank you, actually Humans and chimpanzees should be grouped in the same genus, Homo , since we humans appear as only slightly remodeled chimpanzee-like apes with 99.4 of the same important DNA , what make chimpanzee genetically closer to us than them to Gorillas that split much early from the branch.
100% Agree. Some countries are already considering to remove the "animal status " from them and push them in the "Homo" status which would forbid hunting and make experiments with them . :balloon03:
But enough Off topic from me. Get always carry away when it comes to animals rights.

You plan also other animals? Like a cow from the HW horse? We miss cows. Also Donkeys. :inlove: Or Camel , Dromedar

MEC4D

Zbrushing through the topology
Contributing Artist
100% Agree. Some countries are already considering to remove the "animal status " from them and push them in the "Homo" status which would forbid hunting and make experiments with them . :balloon03:
But enough Off topic from me. Get always carry away when it comes to animals rights.

You plan also other animals? Like a cow from the HW horse? We miss cows. Also Donkeys. :inlove: Or Camel , Dromedar
Yes I read about that , in most European countries already forbidden , not here in US yet.

Well, the other animals would be a Chris's job and probably Laurie's as well , since he already sculptured a lot of them that waiting for rigging .
I am staying into the "Homo" genus area only , a lot of job needs to be done in this area for now .

AnimaGemini

Living in the clouds
Contributing Artist
I am staying into the "Homo" genus area only , a lot of job needs to be done in this area for now
I am perfectly fine with this :balloon03: . When look at your bundles, I will go out from your shop like this anyway

b99f8cff8dbaa5bc937207fdeb0209a4.jpg

I would like to make some animal morphs too, but nobody would buy them LOL. I am worst with animal or human sculpt.
So cross fingers that Chris or Laurie jump in.

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
Koko Test #3 , new skin shader , tried many types of hair all are crazy huge , I guess it will be D|S strand hair and for Poser, poser hair , at least for the body .
no postwork , iray

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-05-14 033752.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-05-14 033752.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 128
  • Screenshot 2021-05-14 033942.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-05-14 033942.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 132
  • Screenshot 2021-05-14 034105.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-05-14 034105.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 141
  • Screenshot 2021-05-14 034224.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-05-14 034224.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 135

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
Since the low res Koko tests was nice and got a lot of positive feedback not just here, I decided to go with the higher resolution , removed everything but leaving the empty shell of the shape that save me some polygons needed for the fine and big details that I will sculpt in separate layers , big details, middle and fine micro details so I can extract my proper maps for each part . I am closer now to 40 millions for a full body , but the fine micro details will be sculpted and painted in HD mode in Zbrush since 6 million poly for the face maps is not enough , I need at last 40-80 millions of poly per each material group for 4k-8K texture maps.

So started from zero , sculpting the big-middle-fine details again on the full body morph of the chimp

you ask why? because it will offer 8 times more details than it is right now for better close up renders , it is also as always great practice for the upcoming humans characters , since you know I am not using photos anymore for skins so it have to be sculpted to the finest detail possible to the last pore.

You see Zbrush working great with max 50 millions of poly , anything more is risky , full body figures can't be divided enough to support the proper details , usually artists in the studios split each group and work on it separately for that reason I removed everything what is not needed in the figure , like inner mouth, eyeballs etc.. so I can save the poly for the needed parts of the skin. This allows me to extract the XYZ texture maps with everything I need, and the logic of it is much more simple as you may think .

Anyway, you are going to see it soon in action .

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
Thank you Alisa and Flint , sorry for having only text this time.
I just want to make the best thing that I can that are available , as that can as always inspire someone else in the process !
thank you for the support and audience ! it is for you in first place that I am doing it !

Last edited:

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
I shared your FB pics of the chimp to some non 3d artist friends and they could not believe it was not a photo.
Thanks , I love to do that to my sister .. lol then she do to others
Now wait for the high resolution details, it gonna be something never done yet on this scale for any of our programs we use.
But that make me happy and inspired because I know the future Homo genus primates gonna be awesome with this technique , as the characters from the last Lion King movie use it as well, as they where crafted in zbrush as well the same way.

AnimaGemini

Living in the clouds
Contributing Artist
I shared your FB pics of the chimp to some non 3d artist friends and they could not believe it was not a photo.
I just show yesterday my husband the pics from the Chimp. At first he thought too this is a photo and when he hear that she morphed him out of D2 , he was speechless. Not because he dislike D2 , but he thought the chimp is a standalone sculpt.
Absolut amazing work. :balloon03:

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
,I just show yesterday my husband the pics from the Chimp. At first he thought too this is a photo and when he hear that she morphed him out of D2 , he was speechless. Not because he dislike D2 , but he thought the chimp is a standalone sculpt.
Absolut amazing work. :balloon03:
Thanks, people don't realize the full potential of D2, it is just a virtual matter than can be shaped in anything you want . The whole point of its existence . And because the base figures are less stylized this time for the same reason, I hope creators take the opportunity to do something nice with it as well and not just rely on the base as that is just starting point.

AnimaGemini

Living in the clouds
Contributing Artist
Thanks, people don't realize the full potential of D2, it is just a virtual matter than can be shaped in anything you want . The whole point of its existence . And because the base figures are less stylized this time for the same reason, I hope creators take the opportunity to do something nice with it as well and not just rely on the base as that is just starting point.
Agree, I never care how a base mesh looks. I care how good you can morph the base and the rigging. Look Tempesta, she has amazing characters from the so called " ugly" figures from Poser. Pauline, ,Dawn....have many of her characters and nobody would tell at the first sight which figure she morphed here.
But when you lack of talent, you call the tool dysfunctional .
This fixation on the base figure lookelike is strange.
Never forget , the Notre Dame or Versailles in your Poser was at the beginning a cube too . :inlove:

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
This fixation on the base figure lookelike is strange.
Never forget , the Notre Dame or Versailles in your Poser was at the beginning a cube too . :inlove:
Let me explain something , to make the chimp takes as much work as making Dusk2 , it is not just some morph you can load and done , same with all my other new shapes . There is huge amount of work that is not visible to the users behind it. You thinking you just buying a morph for your base figure, but you actually getting a new figure character that uses the same OBJ as your base figure . The difference between new shapes and morphs is huge , as figure shapes have own adjusted rigging and own unique morphs to function proper independently from the main base figure , they are particularly new figures that use the same unimesh as Dusk2.0 but are not stand alone .
Dawn 2.0 is the new original unimesh from what everything else is delivered this time ..
So here you have it, a brand new stuff that has nothing to do with "yesterday"

you can see below the new unimesh ancestry tree .. and the differences, of course very plain version of the actual system.
That is the Genesis System Dawn2.0 is running on in D|S , all rigged figures in Daz Studio use it just with different unimeshes.

Attachments

• UNIMESH.jpg
    UNIMESH.jpg
    295.6 KB · Views: 111
Last edited:

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
love it when you monkeying around He He
lol
here some progress on the big details I started over for the displacement maps only , finishing the rest of the full body today and then focusing on the middle details for the normals, and the fine micro details for the bump maps. Sculpted on a different layers so it can be adjusted exactly to my liking before exporting. It is handy because the expression later will correspond exactly with it and all the folds.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-05-15 173529.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-05-15 173529.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 85
  • Screenshot 2021-05-15 173614.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-05-15 173614.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 90
  • Screenshot 2021-05-15 173652.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-05-15 173652.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 104
  • Screenshot 2021-05-15 173836.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-05-15 173836.jpg