• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

WIP MEC4D - Creations for Dawn 2 and Dusk 2 , work in progress

MEC4D

Zbrushing through the topology
Contributing Artist
Oleg looks charming, love the hair too! Well defined physique and a whimsical face. Well done! ^____^
Thank you Ken , that exactly what I was going after .. charming and the look between the real and cartoon
I need still to edit the fingers as they are little too skinny to my liking and balance

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
Less toon than real, I think. But, maybe I'm not a good judge.

Dana
It is stylized, just look at the chest and arms, his hands bigger than his feet, not real proportions , with the final toon textures it will be all good for your eyes, you will see . Stylized characters are more on the real side than regular cartoon , they have the real element of the body but out of proportions .

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-04-24 174650.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-04-24 174650.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 129
  • Screenshot 2021-04-24 180556.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-04-24 180556.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 112
  • Screenshot 2021-04-24 204025.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-04-24 204025.jpg
    305.9 KB · Views: 107

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
"'Toon" in 3D doesn't translate the same as 'Toon in 2D. If it exists in a 3D space, even a virtual one there is going to be an element of realism to it. But nobody seeing a model of it standing on the sidewalk is going to think it's an actual person.

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
"'Toon" in 3D doesn't translate the same as 'Toon in 2D. If it exists in a 3D space, even a virtual one there is going to be an element of realism to it. But nobody seeing a model of it standing on the sidewalk is going to think it's an actual person.
That why I am adding the word Stylized only from now on to avoid any confusion , it should be more clear . There are 2D/3D toon and 2D/3D stylized characters - 2 different styles, 2 different category.
I hope you at last enjoyed the preview of the new creation that I just spend 15h working on , my brain is farting right now .. :laugh:

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
I did indeed. Dusk SE never got an official Toon or Stylized morph. Although there was a 'Sculpted Dusk' which came a bit closer than the default. Although there was Ruckus. Who really ought to count.

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
I did indeed. Dusk SE never got an official Toon or Stylized morph. Although there was a 'Sculpted Dusk' which came a bit closer than the default. Although there was Ruckus. Who really ought to count.
Thanks, I did not saw the other creations , I preparing the "Alisa team" toon and the new Stylized couple of today for both D2FM. As I saw many was interested in this type of characters and I like myself to have some as well.
Dusk and Dawn base have realistic based popotions on every element according to Golden ratio, the sculpted level is one level below the Ralism for obvious reason as it would be very difficult to make any other characters with realistic based topology but still possible to get down or up in the level, below is nice graphic showing the difference in stylization , you can see the level I was using today.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-04-24 215955.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-04-24 215955.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 113
  • Screenshot 2021-04-24 215735.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-04-24 215735.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 99

DanaTA

Distinguished
It is stylized, just look at the chest and arms, his hands bigger than his feet, not real proportions , with the final toon textures it will be all good for your eyes, you will see . Stylized characters are more on the real side than regular cartoon , they have the real element of the body but out of proportions .
I see it now, with these previews! Sort of a step above the old He-Man toons. (Sorry, closest comparison I could do...I don't watch these things)

Dana

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
I see it now, with these previews! Sort of a step above the old He-Man toons. (Sorry, closest comparison I could do...I don't watch these things)

Dana
Yes Dana you got it , well comics like Superman , Conan , this kind of style but in 3D.. I did not wanted to go into the Disney style as it would enter a different category in my book, since I am doing the Alisa style toons already so there will be a little space between them in the category.
I had actually hard time to keep myself in the line and not cross it too much above or too much below, as the level is too close.

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
I am thinking what clothing I should make for them to wear for the base release .
Any ideas? tips ? let me know what you think , something cute from a period of time or modern and cute or from a story to compliments each other

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
I might be in the minority, but I'd love to see something elegant that drapes beautifully for the men
That is very nice , the second one especially , just remember that clothing made for the couple Lana and Oleg will not easily be transferred for regular base characters because of their proportions and volume , and I don't do neoprene clothing lol
If I do prince charming style we need a "princess" outfit to match as well :)